Confusion over hatchback to buy; Booked Fiat Punto Diesel Emotion

Considering your budget & that you are upgrading from a Santro, I would suggest you just have a look at Tata Manza (even though you are not considering a sedan). You may feel like changing your mind.
I am not much in favour of big hatchbacks which cost more than the sedans for no value addition. [:)]

If at all you are firm to go for a hatchback, then Punto & i20 seem to be most apt for your requirements.
IMO, Punto petrol would be the best VFM.

Thread Starter #17
Thanks everyone for ur suggestion! Gave the booking amount for Fiat Punto Diesel Emotion Bossa Nova White today. Sadly, won't get it until 4th or 5th of next month! :(

Can anyone explain this "dont use hand brakes" and "keep low fuel" thing and the reasoning behind it? I usually always pull up the hand brake whenever I park my Santro and also usually maintain close to a full tank. Why is it recommended not to do so? Or is that only for diesel cars? And if so, why?

Thanks everyone for ur suggestion! Gave the booking amount for Fiat Punto Diesel Emotion Bossa Nova White today. Sadly, won't get it until 4th or 5th of next month! :(

Can anyone explain this "dont use hand brakes" and "keep low fuel" thing and the reasoning behind it? I usually always pull up the hand brake whenever I park my Santro and also usually maintain close to a full tank. Why is it recommended not to do so? Or is that only for diesel cars? And if so, why?
Congrats for the booking!
get us some treat once the car is delivered !

the said precaution is for parking the car for long time , read months.

Normal parking and driving , that is why hand brake and big tank is meant for[evil]

Congrats Sanjay. Dont forget to check out this thread: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-library/489-new-car-pre-delivery-inspection-pdi.html which will help you inspect your car for any flaws.

Thread title updated.

Congrats Sanjay, me too planning in july.

Please. let us know the final cost, discount, dealer, exp etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #24
Thanks everyone! :)
Yes, Akash I had already printed out the PDI list ;) Just waiting to get the car now(2 days probably).
@basis: will surely let you know all the details once I get the car.

Top Bottom