Confusion Between Figo, Swift and Polo (Diesel)

Hi,

I am planning to buy a car. my monthly run is about 600Km but it will increase to 1000 Km once i will buy car. i have Figo Diesel, Swift VDI, Polo Trendline diesel is in option.

my criterion's are
1. Ride and handling
2. Performance and Mileage
3. powerfull AC
4. good space (leg space and Boot space)

please suggest me which one i should go for? i nailed down for Figo but after reading some of the threads, i have again came back to zero....Suggest me your opinion...
Welcome to TAI and confused bandwagon of hatch buyers. I can fully empathize with you as I am aware of this tiring process of zeroing upon a vehicle. Till last month back I was also one among you. I decided to for Figo ZXI. I was also in the same dilemma. My requirement & choices were quite similar to you however my contender list was: Figo, Polo, i20.

Even my usage is around 600 - 800 km per month and so I will suggest you for a petrol version. The reason behind this is that if your monthly run is 1000km you will take 4 years to reach the break even. Moreover if diesel prices are also decontrolled by the time you reach break even then the diesel vehicle will cost you more. If you love the turbo factor then it is entirely different scenario. Me apart from the above calculations like my vehicle super smooth so went with petrol option. I know diesel engines are refined a lot these days but IMHO still it is not as smooth as pertol.

As far as other criterion's are:

1. Ride and handling - Figo > Polo = Swift
2. Performance and Mileage - Swift > Figo > Polo
3. powerfull AC - Figo(hands down) > Swift = Polo
4. good space (leg space and Boot space) - Figo>Polo> Swift

If you add looks/finishing as one more criterion's then it will be - Polo > Figo = Swift

Bottom line: If you can wait for 3-4 months then this equation might change with New Swift around the corner. It looks pretty awesome with new features makes it a complete VFM. If you can't then go with Figo. One more suggestion either go for Figo Titanium or ZXI.

I hope it helps.

Hey MSN1,

i heard a lot of issues with Punto (AC doesnt work properly, ASS isnot good, costly spare parts), heard Figo also has issues with GC (with 4 / 5 people sitting in the vehicle)

thanks for your inputs , but will look for Figo, Swift or Polo..!!!
I can assure you that GC is not an issue with Figo loaded with 4-5 adults. I have been driving it in Hyderabad for last one month with no issues.

Given the options, Figo Diesel would be a pragmatical choice..! Dont forget to get the Extended Warrenty and you will not turn back for atelast 4 yrs.
There is no 4 year extended warranty available for Figo [frustration]. Warranty can be extended till 3 year only as off now.

Regards,
Aks

350Z

Core Team
thanks all for their inputs. i have made my mind. will go for figo diesel....!!! thanks again for your inputs.
Congratulations Crazy. We hope that you will keep us updated on the purchase. Goodluck.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi,

I would say don't go to figo. Because i bought ford figo car in the month of April 2010 till today Ford as a company has done 17 replacements in my car and till today the issues still exists. Initially i thought it was my badluck and i got a defective piece but when i check with other customer who have come to the service center for repair and they too had same problem with the car. It a very bad quality car.

List of issues are
============

1.Rattle noise inside the car
2. Poor plastics
3. Huge gaps in front and back door
4. Mist forming in Headlights
5. Brake issues - creack noises coming from brake when you apply at slow speed.
6. Anooying Engine noise - you will notice it after 3000KM's
7. Tyre noise - Lathangi service center has replaced twice with new tyres in my car as wellas another customer sho had similar problem. Still the issue persists

8. Rattle noises during opreation of power windows
9. Suspension Issues : Creacky noise when you go on the humps
10 Ground clearence issue : If four people sit in the car and the car will be hit by humps.
11. Air Bubbles (Paint issue)

I would suggest you my friends who are thinking to buy ford figo. please don't do the same mistake. As you might know ther is no resale value for ford figo.

-Kalyan

Hi,

I would say don't go to figo. Because i bought ford figo car in the month of April 2010 till today Ford as a company has done 17 replacements in my car and till today the issues still exists. Initially i thought it was my badluck and i got a defective piece but when i check with other customer who have come to the service center for repair and they too had same problem with the car. It a very bad quality car.
Kalyan, that is the first time I am hearing so many faults in figo. Welcome to TAI and pretty sad to hear your bad experience.

But I still believe it seems an one-off issue, as I have a close friend who is very happy with his Figo since last one year. With none of those issues.

MY SUGGESTION YOU SHOULD GO FOR POLO
best city driving pleasure ,
very good handling
best suspension
awesome looks
solid build

Hi All,

Thanks for this healthy discussion. I have also decided to go with Figo, however I am still confuse between LXI and ZXI (Diesel).
Please suggest.

GoFida...

1.Rattle noise inside the car

6. Anooying Engine noise - you will notice it after 3000KM's

9. Suspension Issues : Creacky noise when you go on the humps

10 Ground clearence issue : If four people sit in the car and the car will be hit by humps.
i too agree with these troubles.
i have seen them physically in a 6 months old ford figo. the guy came came for ice installation in a shop and suggested not a good car comparatively he adviced Chevrolet beats was far better.

Hi GoFida,

Nice decision.I would suggest to have a look at all the variants of FIGO and decide on it.Why I say so?
From July 2011

1)Rear Defdogger,Rear wiper,Electronic ORVMs have been removed from
Figo ZXI.
2)Music system which used to come earlier with EXI has been removed.

3)I think it is only the titanium variant which got an addition (Front Fog lamps).This makes a lot of difference between ZXI and Titanium.

This is according to what I came to know today while taking delivery of my Figo titanium.Drop in a Ford showroom,check all varaints for yourself and decide.
All the best .

This is the FALSE-est statement I have ever read
Why? What about the people claiming that the Swift or the Dzire is the best car?

1)Rear Defdogger,Rear wiper,Electronic ORVMs have been removed from Figo ZXI.
Since when? A friend bought a ZXi a few days ago and he got all these features.

2)Music system which used to come earlier with EXI has been removed.
This is true.

3)I think it is only the titanium variant which got an addition (Front Fog lamps).This makes a lot of difference between ZXI and Titanium.
The Titanium has ABS and Airbags over and above the features of the Zxi

Since when? A friend bought a ZXi a few days ago and he got all these features.
Since July 2011,Can you please check the manufacturing date of your friend's car(from VIN number/or the registration card).I am sure it must be dating before july 2011.

while refering to above I was talking about the additions after july 2011 only.Starting from july 2011 all FIGO variants except Titanium have lost some features.It is the Titanium only which has got an addition (FOG lamps).
My apologies for not being clear enough.
I hope I am clear this time :-)

Top Bottom