Confusion Between Choosing Volkswagen Polo Petrol Highline vs Diesel Comfortline

Thread Starter #1
Big haai to all

Hi folks This is my first post.i have already booked my polo comfortline petrol.now iam totally confused whether i will go for diesel or stick with petrol.if it will be petrol then i will go for highline,diesel then i think comfortline ok.high end seems to be costly.guys realy need your help.

if your use is quite few mile daily then petrol is good choice. petrol being light on maintenance and service costs.

if you are one whom prefer long tours often then go for diesel ,this fuel wont burn a hole in your pocket.

Hi ISHAQUE, first of all congrats on your new post.

Prior to deciding whether to go for lower version in Polo diesel, first decide on these 2 factors:-
1. How much is your average monthly run? Is it more than 1000 Km? If not, IMHO diesel engine does not make sense. On top of it Polo diesel is not proven to be a good performer yet!
2. Do you have good service centers for VW around your area?

If you are looking for diesel then why dont you check out Ford Figo Diesel TDCi. Best VFM currently in this class.

Thread Starter #4
if your use is quite few mile daily then petrol is good choice. petrol being light on maintenance and service costs.

if you are one whom prefer long tours often then go for diesel ,this fuel wont burn a hole in your pocket.

Thetraveller said:
Hi ISHAQUE, first of all congrats on your new post.

Prior to deciding whether to go for lower version in Polo diesel, first decide on these 2 factors:-
1. How much is your average monthly run? Is it more than 1000 Km? If not, IMHO diesel engine does not make sense. On top of it Polo diesel is not proven to be a good performer yet!
2. Do you have good service centers for VW around your area?

If you are looking for diesel then why dont you check out Ford Figo Diesel TDCi. Best VFM currently in this class.

Thankyou guys, Sorry for late reply [:)]

Actually I am working Abudhabi, will use the car only when I will be on vacation .thats may be for 3 months.after that my father and wife will be the one to use.
that will not be regular use nor more running.
I have a lot of planing to go for tour when i will be in vacation, sure thats 3 month will cover 9k km.would like to ask you regarding polo which is more fun to drive diesel polo or petrol?

and Thetraveller sorry I am not interested in figo shape
there is vw dealer in our city.

I have a lot of planing to go for tour when i will be in vacation, sure thats 3 month will cover 9k km.would like to ask you regarding polo which is more fun to drive diesel polo or petrol?
Looking at your requirements and considering the fact that the car wont be used on a regular basis, i feel a Petrol car makes more sense. Also you will get a fully loaded variant as mentioned earlier.

Thread Starter #7
Looking at your requirements and considering the fact that the car wont be used on a regular basis, i feel a Petrol car makes more sense. Also you will get a fully loaded variant as mentioned earlier.

Akash one more thing my consider which polo is more fun to drive diesel or petrol.i need driving pleasure.

Akash one more thing my consider which polo is more fun to drive diesel or petrol.i need driving pleasure.
The fun to drive factor depends on the kind of driving you love. Some love the sudden turbo kick of diesel engines while the others like the refined behavior of petrol engines. So if you love driving spiritedly, Polo petrol id the car for you. Also check out the official road test report of VW Polo for more details: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/test-drive-reviews/1739-volkswagen-polo-road-test-review.html.

Hmmm everybody is suggesting petrol but i would say go for diesel! Your running is actually fair enough to buy a diesel. If your going to be clocking 9k KMS for every 3 months you come for vacation then diesel makes sense to me. Rest of the 9 months i believe the car will clock atleast 3k KMS. Polo is not much of a fun to drive car , if your looking at fun to drive factor look at Punto.

Fun-to-drive car, well dont look beyond Swift IMHO. If that is the criteria.

Otherwise in diesel as cooldhaya suggested go for Punto. You wont regret.

But after all these suggestions, do come back and post what did you get?

Thread Starter #12
Thank You guys[:D]

See if you are looking for a driving pleasure then go for Polo 1.6 petrol. 1.2 is good car but 1.6 will bring smile on your face.
Driving pleasure my consider only. 1.6 Out of my budget

The fun to drive factor depends on the kind of driving you love. Some love the sudden turbo kick of diesel engines while the others like the refined behavior of petrol engines. So if you love driving spiritedly, Polo petrol id the car for you. Also check out the official road test report of VW Polo for more details: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/test-drive-reviews/1739-volkswagen-polo-road-test-review.html.
Akash iam not a driving enthusiastic but still like to enjoy the driving.Thank you for the link provided.I read all nice review.is polo diesel not good at all or is it ok for a normal driving condition.i dont have experience with the diesel engine.

Hmmm everybody is suggesting petrol but i would say go for diesel! Your running is actually fair enough to buy a diesel. If your going to be clocking 9k KMS for every 3 months you come for vacation then diesel makes sense to me. Rest of the 9 months i believe the car will clock atleast 3k KMS. Polo is not much of a fun to drive car , if your looking at fun to drive factor look at Punto.

+1 that,My mind is same as your Reply thats the reason my mind went towards diesel.but the thing most confusing me iam already paying more than a highline price for diesel comfortline and missing some nice things like alloys,foglambs,thats irritating me.

Fun-to-drive car, well dont look beyond Swift IMHO. If that is the criteria.

Otherwise in diesel as cooldhaya suggested go for Punto. You wont regret.

But after all these suggestions, do come back and post what did you get?
Swift i never consider,thats a common car already,punto diesel as cooladhya suggest ,but none of my family like the shape.even though its a good diesel car,

how all of you rate the car after reading my points between petrol and diesel.i will be very happy to see that

go for polo petrol , if u have the budget then polo 1.6 ,

buy diesel only if you travel more then 1500km per month

Top Bottom