Confused between the new Honda Jazz and new Suzuki Swift.

Another question. My dad's colleagues has been telling him not to buy a Honda car because there are not many service centers of Honda here. Which is true. Search the hondacarindia.com website for service centers and dealers in Assam. You will get the picture.
What about the dealer ?

Honda recommended service intervals are (5000km/3months) - you can stretch it to about 6 months without disturbing warranty)

Even 6 months is quite low compare to Maruti.

In that case consider Swift ZXi

Another question. My dad's colleagues has been telling him not to buy a Honda car because there are not many service centers of Honda here. Which is true. Search the hondacarindia.com website for service centers and dealers in Assam. You will get the picture.
don't worry honda cars are well made cars and far more refined except regular service you won't need any thing

But in the end its your decision
and honda car are as reliable as maruti . I don't know about jazz but honda city which my uncle own gives 13 in traffic and 17 at speed of 60-80 . Just love driving AT

this made remember by days of safari buying every one said Scorpio Scorpio Scorpio But i wanted something different something to stand different then crowd [evil]

ok i take my word back buy swift

I would suggest you to go for the Jazz, as many guys have already suggested here.

Here are few points to go for Jazz:
1. In terms of fuel and your daily run (< 100) you won't be able to recover the Diesel car price compared to petrol in a long run (but only after 5-6 years). Someone in previous post has already calculated this.
2. A Petrol car's maintenance will be cheaper than a Diesel car with long life.
3. Overall space in Jazz is much more than Swift (the boot & rear leg space), also the interiors are very decent compared to Swift. Swift is more cramped from inside than it looks from outside, comparing with Jazz.
4. There won't be any difference in Diesel & Petrol prices in near future as govt. will end up giving subsidy for Diesel.
5. Option of CNG with petrol engine, someone pointed this previously.
6. Dealership and service centers are lesser than Maruti but are adequate to serve you. [:)]

Last edited:
All the members have already given their inputs and i agree with most of them. I would also suggest Petrol as for your running its not wise going in for diesel. As others said you can convert to CNG in future and also diesel subsidy for car owners will stop anytime now.

I would suggest Jazz if you don't mind paying the extra premium since you are opting for the top-end variant. Jazz is more spacious and more refined compared to Swift. Jazz's AC is good enough and better than i20 anyday. My friends have both Jazz and i20 , i prefer Jazz anyday. About Honda's service centers Honda's are extremely reliable and if maintained properly you wont find the need to visit the dealership other than regular servicing. Yes Honda spares are costlier compared to Maruti but if maintained and driven properly you wont find the need to replace parts itself other than normal wear and tear parts. Jazz's regular service costs around Rs.2500 i think.

Finally i would suggest Jazz since after the price cut it makes a much more sensible buy and also Swift is too common on roads!

Thread Starter #21
Thanks a lot for the reply. The Jazz top end OTR [rice is just over 7 lakhs and too much it seems. Thinking of buying the Jazz select but won't stuff like seat height adjust or electronic side mirror retract.

I think one can live without the power folding outside mirrors , though i love that feature , great show-off! Its your final choice buddy. Swift is not a bad car at all but i find Jazz a much sensible buy compared to Swift. My friend has a Jazz and i found it extremely comfortable and engine much refined compared to Swift. If you have not done a Test Drive till now , i would suggest you to take one before deciding the car.

I vouch cooldhaya. Jazz is any day better than Swift. I recently test drove Jazz, space inside is just awesome and cant be compared with Swift at all. I just loved the all round visibility in Jazz. Its a huge plus for city driving. And even I feel Jazz Select would be a good buy.

Thread Starter #24
The OTR price of the Jazz X is a little bit steep. And I don't know what Honda is doing. There's no car in the show room of Honda here in my city. They just keep saying that the test drive car will be arriving next week.

When I went for the test drive only old Jazz was available as test drive car. The dealer told for the month of August, Honda has alloted @ 15 cars where as actual bookings were in excess of 100 ! I suggest you push for the test drive car, do a comprehensive test drive and then come to a decision. If you feel Jazz X is on the higher side, Jazz Select would also be a good buy. Infact Jazz Select has a beige interiors which gives a more airy feel inside the cabin.

Papul, welcome to TAI.Nothing comes near to Honda Jazz for the specs,space and qualtiy it drlivers.If you are buying a petrol hatch no other then this car with current price its been offered.You almost get everything in its select model as well with mainly safety features provided in all its variant.If diesel is what you are thinking then think of swift.Though they have improved a bit rear seats comfort but nothing compared to jazz.Its a small big car inside.

I think you are confused between Diesel Swift and Jazz.
In my opinion go for a Petrol unless you are running at least 2500km of per month.

A diesel car is about a lakh costlier than it's petrol model and you need to run about 40000 km for meeting that premium for diesel car and after 40000 km a diesel car will have huge maintenance costs. On the other hand a petrol car is maintenace free upto 100000 km.

So a diesel car is only good for people who are having long journeys regularly so that they could make profit with the diesel efficiency.

Highly debatable statement Vivian! I bet there are many diesel car owners in our forum itself who are having a trouble free car even after crossing 40k KMS which you have mentioned , i myself am one. All diesel cars can withstand upto 1Lakh KMS without an overhaul and any major repairs. Our Safari din't give us any major repairs for about 80k KMS after which we had to spend a big sum only for suspension overhaul though , engine was in perfect condition even when we sold it!

Well anyways let's not go further OT , you were giving a wrong message to the buyer i wanted to clarify that.

Thread Starter #30
Hmmm..... We have decided 80% to go with the Jazz. I still haven't drove any of the 2 cars myself but planning to do so this very week. Maybe thursday. The new Jazz is finally here in the showroom.

Top Bottom