Confused Between Honda CB Twister and HH Passion Pro

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys!

I am planning to upgrade my ride. My daily commute is 25 Km to and fro from office. I have zeroed my search on two bikes, i.e., HH Passion Pro and Honda CB Twister. As both are in between the same segment and price, I am getting confused on which one to go to. I like the looks of Honda CB Twister, but a bit concerned regarding FE. I zeroed on Passion Pro just because of the brand name Hero, and nothing else. I heard that the new Passion Pro is not the best performer as its old sibling Passion Plus, so a bit confused regarding the same.

My requirements are as follows:

1. Maximum FE (65-70 Km/L).
2. After Sales Services.
3. Durability/reliability.
4. Availability of spare parts.

Can you guys please shed some light on these aspects and help me out in selecting my ride?

My requirements are as follows:

1. Maximum FE (65-70 Km/L).
2. After Sales Services.
3. Durability/reliability.
4. Availability of spare parts.
Looking at your requirement's I would suggest you to stick to Hero brand, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the new Passion pro.
Alternately would also suggest you to look into Bajaj Discover, it fits all your requirement's perfectly.

Thread Starter #3
Looking at your requirement's I would suggest you to stick to Hero brand, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the new Passion pro.
Alternately would also suggest you to look into Bajaj Discover, it fits all your requirement's perfectly.
Thank you Visran. My cousin owns Passion Pro (earlier to this, he had owned Passion Plus), and he now regrets selling the Passion Plus off as this is not as good as the Passion Pro (according to him), so was a bit concerned.

I have got the feedback that Twister's performance as good as Splendor in terms of FE and maintenance. A few are suggesting to give a try to Dream Yuga, but as I am a TIAan, I wanted to discuss with fellow TIA members before finalizing.[:)]

Warm Regards,
Ayaz Khan

Last edited:
There is nothing much wrong with either bikes. The Passion Pro would be slightly more comfortable because of its dimensions, wide seat and softish suspension. Fuel efficiency depends 90% on rider and 10% on the engine. Ridden demurely, both bikes shall give you around 62 kmpl in mild traffic. After sales service of both companies is equally bad, so tghere's nothing much to choose here. Both bikes would be equally durable/reliable. Hero Motocorp would be better when it comes to availability of spare parts (but come to think of it, how many times would you require spare parts apart from regular service items?).

Still, if you want to play it safe, go for the Passion Pro. And forget about the Passion Puls-was-better-than-the- Passion Pro rhyme. Both Passion Plus and Passion Pro are exactly the same bikes with minor cosmetic differences.

Looks like heart vs mind dilemma.
You like twister then just go for it. It is also good all round bike and has Honda reliability.
Passion is well proven bike for years, so from these 2 I will suggest you passion.

Thread Starter #6
Looks like heart vs mind dilemma.
You like twister then just go for it. It is also good all round bike and has Honda reliability.
Passion is well proven bike for years, so from these 2 I will suggest you passion.
You are absolutely right Surfer (10/10 for your thought) [:)]. Will give myself one more week's time and come to conclusion whether to buy Passion or Twister.

Warm Regards,
Ayaz Khan

Thread Starter #7
Hi Guys!

After researching all the bikes, finally bought Honda CB Twister on July 27th. Opted out Hero Passion Pro because the built quality has deteriorated and the TD was not pleasant as compared to my Twisty [:)] and the OTR is also the same, both Twister and Passion Pro.

Regards,
Ayaz Khan

Congrats and enjoy your Twister. Read the owners manual and ride the bike carefully during the run-in period. Awaiting your buying experience and ownership review.

Oh, and always wear a good quality Helmet.

Thread Starter #9
Congrats and enjoy your Twister. Read the owners manual and ride the bike carefully during the run-in period. Awaiting your buying experience and ownership review.

Oh, and always wear a good quality Helmet.
Thank you Sam. Yeah, read the whole manual, and running it between 30-40km/hr with negotiable throttle [:)].

Regards,
Ayaz Khan

Hi Guys!

After researching all the bikes, finally bought Honda CB Twister on July 27th. Opted out Hero Passion Pro because the built quality has deteriorated and the TD was not pleasant as compared to my Twisty [:)] and the OTR is also the same, both Twister and Passion Pro.

Regards,
Ayaz Khan
Congrat's on your new Twisty, how much was the final on road price? and please start an ownership review which will help other member's to learn more about this product.

Thread Starter #11
Congrat's on your new Twisty, how much was the final on road price? and please start an ownership review which will help other member's to learn more about this product.
Thanks Visran. I opted for Self/Drum whose OTR is 58626/- excluding accessories. For accessories, I had to shell out 1.5K more, but got seat cover and Teflon coating as freebies.

Regards,
Ayaz Khan

Last edited:
Ayaz

Congrats for your new Twister. It is a very good bike in all aspects except the rear tyre size.

One of my friend own this bike and we found this bike skid very easily, so be careful with this and check whether you can change the tyre size if required.

Post some pics of your bike too !!

Thread Starter #13
Ayaz

Congrats for your new Twister. It is a very good bike in all aspects except the rear tyre size.

One of my friend own this bike and we found this bike skid very easily, so be careful with this and check whether you can change the tyre size if required.

Post some pics of your bike too !!
Yes, very much true, it is a good bike in all aspects, but there is a twist in the tale; I replaced it with Dream Yuga, and it is a very long story as to how and why I had this switch.

Regards,
Ayaz

Yes, very much true, it is a good bike in all aspects, but there is a twist in the tale; I replaced it with Dream Yuga, and it is a very long story as to how and why I had this switch.

Regards,
Ayaz
That's interesting i guess you would be the first person to own Yuga in our forum what was the cost difference between the two?

Thread Starter #15
That's interesting i guess you would be the first person to own Yuga in our forum what was the cost difference between the two?
Thank you Visran.

Dream Yuga (Self-Drum-Alloy) On-road price is 56,587/- excluding accessories
Honda CB Twister (Self-Drum) On-road price is 58,628/- excluding accessories

Honda CB Twister Self/Disk will cost a bomb, i.e., 62,272/- excluding accessories.

Accessories will be cost 2500-3000/- more based on the variants.

Regards,
Ayaz Khan

Top Bottom