Confused Between Etios, Liva and Dzire

Thread Starter #1
I have a very limited budget and need suggestions for deciding which car to buy ?

1. Should I buy a Petrol car if my running will be roughly 1000 to 2000 kms per month ? [confused]

2. I have shortlisted Etios Liva, Etios & Dzire....

In Etios & Etios Liva, dealer is offering 15K Discount, 10K worth accessories & 10K exchange bonus while in case Dzire LXI or VXI they are not offering any discount.

Which one should I buy among these 3 ? [confused]
And if I buy Dzire then is it worth paying 60K more for VXI which comes with factory fitted Power steering, Stereo & Central Lock ? [confused]

Re: Some questions

Hello bobb welcome to TAI, if your running is more than 1000kms then you can decide for diesel.
I would recommend you to have a look at ritz or beat or even liva(all diesel) and please mention your budget.

Re: Some questions

hi Bobb it depends if you want to go for a sedan look car or car for you is comfort, economy and no fuss.

if you have a family of 4 then dzire would be better option because of comfort, power, economy and after you've well driven it you can sell it off at a good price

Maruti cars sell off at a good price eventhough you have used them to the max for sure

i agree other competitors are not far behind but maruti keeps an edge because of good brand name and market.

Thread Starter #4
What is the real mileage of new Dzire VXI in a city like Delhi ?

Since the price of Diesel models is high and there is a waiting period, I am thinking about buying VXI but with soaring Petrol prices, just rethinking about the decision...

hi bobb, welcome to the forum

my take would be the Dzire, pertol or diesel depends in your driving and buget. If you have the buget go for a diesel car and use it to the fullest.

As you have mentioned that 1000 to 2000 kms it is more to go for diesel version, also please mention the budget and later the cars can be shortlisted based on the budget and the offers available.

Thread Starter #8
My original budget was 4 lacs but I can stretch it to max 6 Lacs by increasing the loan component to 4 Lacs so that I can buy a better car. I am more interested in a sedan then a hatchback...

Liva G is costing around 5 Lacs so I thought invest 1 Lac more and go for Dzire VXI. Dzire VXI (Power Steering, Power Windows, Central Lock & Stereo) is priced at 5.96 Lacs and Dzire LDI (Only Power Steering) is priced at 6.64 Lacs. So its a difference of around 70,000. Dzire VDI is 7.47 Lacs (difference of 1.5 Lacs) which is too high for me...

I am not able to decide whether to go for a petrol at this stage as the prices are going up so fast... maybe nobody will buy my dzire in resale mkt after 3-4 years bcoz of being a petrol car ??

I have also created the following table to understand the real savings by buying a diesel car

So, if I run a diesel car for 1000 kms per month for 5 years then I can save 2 Lacs on fuel cost but it will require additional expense of 1.5 Lacs (VXI to VDI) initially.
The saving is 4 Lacs if the monthly run is 2000 kms.

Friends, I am confused and not able to decide [confused]

Last edited:
If you are going to buy the car on Loan, then you would be paying additional interest for 1 lakh extra for diesel. And maintenance would be higher in diesel. So i believe petrol and diesel are almost the same unless you are going to drive > 1000 kms per month.

Try Dzire Petrol + CNG.

Thread Starter #11
Price of Ford classic is much higher then Dzire...

Now, I am just confused between buying Dzire VXI at Rs. 5.95 Lacs or Dzire LDI at Rs. 6.65 Lacs ???

Price of Ford classic is much higher then Dzire...

Now, I am just confused between buying Dzire VXI at Rs. 5.95 Lacs or Dzire LDI at Rs. 6.65 Lacs ???
Sorry to spoil your party, but have you taken into consideration the current shutdown at Maruti's plant in Haryana? This will further increase the waiting period of Diesel cars and if you select Dzire LDI, Only God knows when you will get the delivery. There is also news that other car makers have started giving out dicounts and free bies to make most out of Maruti plant shutdown. Please reconsider your options (It is a suggestion).

Considering the current Maruti fiasco it's better you stay away from Dzire and look into either Etios or Manza as most of the other car manufacturers are giving hefty Discount's.

Hi bobb,i think you must buy a diesel car as your running is straightaway high,and you should choose a higher version of hatch that is in your budget than the lower end of a sedan.
You must make sure that you will get enough safety features in the car you are buying,in your budget,be it a hatch or a sedan.
As of this time you will be very confused but i would say you have landed at right place and you will be much wiser at the time of your purchase.
Yes you must consider cars other than maruti in the present scenario and toyota etios and liva are good options.

If you are going to buy the car on Loan, then you would be paying additional interest for 1 lakh extra for diesel. And maintenance would be higher in diesel. So i believe petrol and diesel are almost the same unless you are going to drive > 1000 kms per month.

Try Dzire Petrol + CNG.
Good point. You should go for petrol car. May be you can consider ford classic too..

Top Bottom