Confirmed: Yamaha Soon Entering in the Scooter Segment of India

The long awaited scooter from India Yamaha Motor – ‘Ray’ will now soon get into production. The company has set up an additional assembly line which will be dedicated to the scooter production at its Surajpur facility (Uttar Pradesh). Though the investment figures remain undisclosed, the company had earlier announced an investment of Rs 750 crore for the expansion of this facility. Yamaha plans to ramp up the plant’s annual capacity to one million units from six lakh units by year end.

In the meanwhile, Ray has cleared the homologation and is certified by the Manesar based International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT).The 100-125cc scooter targeted at the fairer sex is due to be launched around Diwali.

The long awaited scooter from India Yamaha Motor – ‘Ray’ will now soon get into production. The company has set up an additional assembly line which will be dedicated to the scooter production at its Surajpur facility (Uttar Pradesh). Though the investment figures remain undisclosed, the company had earlier announced an investment of Rs 750 crore for the expansion of this facility. Yamaha plans to ramp up the plant’s annual capacity to one million units from six lakh units by year end.

In the meanwhile, Ray has cleared the homologation and is certified by the Manesar based International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT).The 100-125cc scooter targeted at the fairer sex is due to be launched around Diwali.

Yamaha 'Ray" clearly look alike new Honda 'Dio'. Except the front shock absorber(may be the 125 cc engine) nothing looks new.

Yamaha launched its scooter Ray in Hyderabad. Ex-showroom cost is some 46000/-. I am searching to get this article in English as I got a info in my local language news portal.[:)]

Can somebody attach a article to this post please

Top Bottom