Confirmed: Fiat Setting Up Separate Sales & Service Network

A friend is dealer of Tata-Fiat cars and what i came to know is that in coming future, 2011-2012, after opening their display showrooms, Fiat might start on their own of Sales, services for their vehicles and not share space of Tata dealerships.

IMHO guys this will happen in future anyways..its impossible/rare when two capable companies can survive in such tie ups for long..

Yes its better they go alone! Their servicing standard and hospitality are a notch above TATA seeing from many Fiat owners here.

Setting up show-rooms must not be a problem for them , A.S.S is the real problem!

Fiat is a great car but the spare parts are quite expensive. the sale of Fiat is not according to their expectation. They should out at reasonable rate.

Thread Starter #22
Fiat is a great car but the spare parts are quite expensive. the sale of Fiat is not according to their expectation. They should out at reasonable rate.
Tushar, I don't know if you own any fiat cars, but I can assure you that spare price is very competitive of new cars. Its comparable to Maruti.
With 15K service interval, actual maintenance cost is even lesser than Maruti.

As RSM said spares of FIAT are really competetive now a days & they are concentrating more on ASS.

Good if they move out & establish their empire soon. But lets see how far it works for them :)

As RSM said spares of FIAT are really competetive now a days & they are concentrating more on ASS.

Good if they move out & establish their empire soon. But lets see how far it works for them :)
Yes. For eg, our own J.Ravi uncle had to spend just Rs 30 to get his Linea's RVM fixed at the ASS, while in a similar case, an i10 owner like me will have to spend more than a 1000 bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking forward to see FIAT establishing thier own. There after FAIT sales team will be more aggressive. With lazy TATA guys FIAT will never meet thier exectations in India.

No i don agree , As RSM said Fiat spares are very much cheaper and they are very much cheaper than Honda and Toyota still!

Infact i read a spare part price survey somewhere and the spares are cheaper than even i20![cheers]

People still dont believe in Fiat A.S.S

Breakaway from Tata will make matters worse.
More important is improvement over the quality of plastics material being used in current fiat models i.e putno, Linea.
Fiat is under Tata's influence i guess [surprise]

350Z

Core Team
Re: Is FIAT going to say Good Bye to TATA?

Fiat is considering to revamp their distribution strategy. It will open up separate Fiat outlets and increase dealer margin from 5% to 8.5%. More information attached:
The reworked JV between Fiat and Tata Motors would include a new distribution network for Fiat, discontinue supply to forty joint dealerships, cut supply to joint dealerships in twenty cities. Sources also added that nearly forty Tata-Fiat dealerships in twenty cities would be affected. Sources also explain that Fiat will encourage dealers to open exclusive Fiat outlets and mulls hiking the dealer margins to 8.5% from 5%. Fiat hopes the new distribution strategy will boost sales. Sources also said that the auto major plans to open twenty exclusive outlets by end of 2012. When contacted, the Fiat India spokesperson declined to comment. Source: Moneycontrol.com
Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Fiat Going To Say Goodbye To Tata - Really?

Fiat to end dealership JV with Tata's

Fiat completely exit joint-branded showrooms with Tata Motors as the Italian car major makes a renewed push to revive sales. While it will make the transition in the top 20 cities by 2015, the rest of the joint-branded dealerships will be disbanded thereafter.

Fiat to end dealership JV with Tatas - The Times of India

here's the link to the video:Revised Tata JV gives focus to Fiat distribution >> Watch Video

It says Fiat is going to encourage the existing 40 Tata-Fiat dealers in top 20 cities to open Fiat exclusive outlets by increasing dealer margins to 8.5 % from the existing 5%.

Earlier this year it was told that the existing Tata-Fiat dealerships will not be touched and 20 new Fiat exclusive ones would be opened.

What this video says is that Fiat is now trying to pull out of the existing Tata-Fiat network and establish their own independent distribution network. So thats the news!!

Good Move by FIAT.

Without Fiat Indian companies like Tata, Maruti all will be half dead.

Re: Fiat Going To Say Goodbye To Tata - Really?

As a Tata fan I am really tired of this Tata bashing for the failure of fiat in India.I also personally love this news as I never really wanted fiat to share space with TATA cars.My only worry was multijet engines,but since Ranjangaon plant is owned 50/50 by both tata and fiat so no worries here.

Hope Fiat opens their separate dealerships soon, best of luck to them.[thumbsup]

Top Bottom