Confirmed: Fiat Setting Up Separate Sales & Service Network

Hey, its just said that the partnership between tata-fiat is winding up. Here, even in malayalam papers i read the same. But, is there any confirmed news about Fiat starting Service centres?

Hi anand

From the Press release
Fiat and Tata have agreed that, in order to further develop the Fiat brand in India, management control of Fiat’s commercial and distribution activities will be handed over to a separate Fiat Group owned company. Currently Tata Motors has been managing the distribution responsibility of the Fiat branded products in India through joint Tata-Fiat dealerships. As part of the growth plans and in order to provide greater focus on the Fiat brand, Tata Motors will hand over the distribution and service responsibility for Fiat cars in India to a Fiat Group owned company being formed for this purpose.
So service will look after by fiat

This is not going to be a easy task for fiat to start there own service and sales centers .
First I don't find any reason why some 1 will invest cores of rupees in fiat delearship when they just have 2 cars and that too just selling 300, and 700 per month .
In my view fiat should have started their own service stations first give excellent service to existing fiat owners satisfy them fully ,create a good reputation of their a.s.s then bring some more products create a good hype about them in the market and get people interested in them and then venture in separate dealership .
I just hope fiat this time proves itself it's really sad to see one of the worlds greatest car maker suffering so bad in the Indian market inspite of having great cars. They desperately need a product which can create a critical mass .

This is not going to be a easy task for fiat to start there own service and sales centers .
First I don't find any reason why some 1 will invest cores of rupees in fiat delearship when they just have 2 cars and that too just selling 300, and 700 per month ..
Fiat globally have many potential cars in Hand if they can see optimism they wont hesitate to bring it in India

In my view fiat should have started their own service stations first give excellent service to existing fiat owners satisfy them fully ,create a good reputation of their a.s.s then bring some more products create a good hype about them in the market and get people interested in them and then venture in separate dealership

It is never late for Good deeds.

I just hope fiat this time proves itself it's really sad to see one of the worlds greatest car maker suffering so bad in the Indian market inspite of having great cars. They desperately need a product which can create a critical mass
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I would like to recall two quotes from Steve Jobs:-

"A lot of companies have chosen to downsize, and maybe that was the right thing for them. We chose a different path. Our belief was that if we kept putting great products in front of customers, they would continue to open their wallets."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Our goal is to make the best devices in the world, not to be the biggest."

[roll]

^^^^ Seriuosly hope fiat does a apple type comeback . When I show the sales figure to my dad my dad said people are foolish that they don't buy linea because in his view linea is more beautiful then BMW 3 series and Audi a4 .

Since now Fiat will take over the sales and service so this is definitely a good news.
One more:As per today's TOI they will be soon opening some 190-195 service stations to start with.ISN'T IT GOING TO BE VERY SPARSE SERVICE NETWORK TO START WITH FOR A COMPANY SELLING CARS FOR LAST 4-5 YEARS?

Secondly..NOW THE EXISTENCE OF 'FIAT CAFFEs' IS NO MORE A QUESTION FOR ME!![clap]

Now what they need to do is just come up with a car like Ford Figo(Figo changed the game for Ford in just 2-3 months) which may bring fortunes to them..

Fiat has many cars they can bring here the new Palio ( with name change) , fiat panda, fiat can bring the jeep here they can easily develop a nice mini suv too fiat is infact world expert in making small cars .

In fact I'd say that Fiat must now start the another way.
Why don't they bring the Jeep brand soon here and open some premium Fiat-Jeep dealerships?I think this will add some more to the image of Fiat cars.Although they may sell less but then they will be considered quite premium cars over others.
Else see,fantastic cars like Linea T-Jet are not selling despite being the best looker and havin best in class ride and comfort.

Well, this is great news. What i feel is people who are in the remote areas, will have to travel long distances for getting the car serviced. For them Tata-fiat would be better, as Tata service is available in nook n corner. Anyways, i wish they come up with the networks fast, and also bring in a hatch in 4-5lakh range to boost up sales. .

NEW FIAT PALIO-2012

2012-Fiat-Palio-2.jpg

NEW FIAT UNO-2012
Fiat-Uno-Ecology-3.jpg

Now why these models won't sell here, if they just add our national engine (1.3 multijet) and price it just below Punto.
FIAT, are you listening?? [roll]
And is it very difficult for Fiat to bring 1.6 multijet to India and not selling it to Suzuki and Tata, but using it only in Fiat cars like Linea?
If it is, then just bring new cars with 1.3 multijet, we can survive with it. :P

Not to forget, Fiat also got a 150hp hatchback having wheelbase,boot,power,interior space,width etc comparable to civic,optra etc etc. It will challenge new Mini.
They might not bring it here soon,but we can warm our eyes. [:D]

BRAVO
fiat-bravo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Auto car UK rated the new panda 1.2 4.5/5.

Do any of the TAIians feel that panda make a good sense for a market like India?
Of course why not panda is a very good car and they must bring it in India.
Look they need more then 2 cars ,look at Chevy and ford their other cars are not doing great but beat and figo are doing decent numbers atleast they are in news . This is why fiat needs more then 2 cars ,even if 1 product clicks it will keep the brand and buzz alive . Fiat is a leopard actually but in India they are behaving more timid and meek then a poor sheep.

Top Bottom