Confirmed: Fiat Setting Up Separate Sales & Service Network

Re: Fiat Going To Say Goodbye To Tata - Really?

As a Tata fan I am really tired of this Tata bashing for the failure of fiat in India.I also personally love this news as I never really wanted fiat to share space with TATA cars.My only worry was multijet engines,but since Ranjangaon plant is owned 50/50 by both tata and fiat so no worries here.
Thak god that fiat came forwards to rescue Tata and they gained little bit respect due to MJD's. other wise Tata's ford based engine would have smoked whole India Black.

Good! the Linea and Punto are good cars.. maybe people will take these cars more seriously once Fiat have their own A.S.S

No i would not call it wise from Fiat. If they part ways now , Fiat will have to invest huge amounts in setting up service stations and dealerships.

Good move. I think FIAT must have been worrying due to its falling sales. And frankly most of the people wish to remain away from FIAT because of TATA. Though FIAT services are quite good even though its a part of TATA.
Seperation will lead to increse in cost on infrastructure(better than tata) leading to rise in cost of ASS which will hamper the sales.

In the past ,when fiat was not associated with TATA , fiat was ranking no. 8 /9 bellow tata, in the custemer satisfaction surveys carried out by JD POWER ASSOCIATE S in India. After tata jv the ranking is improved.

But I have met couple of sales persons telling that Linea has a very bad GC thus pushing Manza.
That means the salesmam was honest. I have read reviews about low gc of linea leading to fuel line damages on **** ,even my linea owner friend tells same about its gc.

As RSM said spares of FIAT are really competetive now a days & they are concentrating more on ASS.

Good if they move out & establish their empire soon. :)
Cheap spares and ASS is due to TATA, Alone fiat would go costly Ford way IMO.

I have read an interview given by Ratan Tata to PTI, published in Bussiness Standard in june 11,.Ratan said that he is examining the jv with fiat critically, Fiat needs to come with new designs and models as it was decided at the time of jv agreement if it wants to survive, otherwise tata will reconsider the jv. The fiat officials are not appearing serious about it.

Last edited:

Seperation will lead to increse in cost on infrastructure(better than tata) leading to rise in cost of ASS which will hamper the sales.

In the past ,when fiat was not associated with TATA , fiat was ranking no. 8 /9 bellow tata, in the custemer satisfaction surveys carried out by JD POWER ASSOCIATE S in India. After tata jv the ranking is improved.
Tornado ,Well said .

Tata is central pillar of Fiat as of now in India.and Tata is no small time manufacturer. Tata-JLR is in international Talks.

What fiat should do is to have independent service centers and showrooms. that alone will improve a lot of things.

OR.

Tata should avail separate service centers for its premium class cars like Aria,manza,safari,vista plus fiat. that should also suffice for lot of improvements and good customer-dealer experience.

Lots of goof ups and mess ups happen due to over crowded service centre consisting of millions of nanos and trillions of taxi indicas resulting in poor quality services and bad reputation.

Come on Tata,it is not impossible..Buckle up!!!

thats a good move by fiat to divorce tata. it would definitely improve the brand image of fiat and will definitely improve the sales charts.

Tornado ,Well said .

Tata is central pillar of Fiat as of now in India.and Tata is no small time manufacturer. Tata-JLR is in international Talks.

What fiat should do is to have independent service centers and showrooms. that alone will improve a lot of things.

OR.

Tata should avail separate service centers for its premium class cars like Aria,manza,safari,vista plus fiat. that should also suffice for lot of improvements and good customer-dealer experience.

Lots of goof ups and mess ups happen due to over crowded service centre consisting of millions of nanos and trillions of taxi indicas resulting in poor quality services and bad reputation.

Come on Tata,it is not impossible..Buckle up!!!
I can't agree more with you!

Well said Tornado and Jayadev.

FIAT wanted the the support of TATA Motors.

Like Jayadev said, TATA Motors is not a small time manufacturer.

They are world's second largest Bus manufacturer and fifth largest truck manufacturer.

In Cars, they are relatively new.

How many here know or remember that Mercedes Benz (cars) started in India in 1994 as a joint venture with TATA Motors (then TELCO).

Mercedes Benz E220 were assembled and painted in TATA Motors facility in Pune.

Even now Mercedes Benz cars are painted in TATA Motors paint shop in Pune.

Mercedes Benz E220 were assembled and painted in TATA Motors facility in Pune.

Even now Mercedes Benz cars are painted in TATA Motors paint shop in Pun
I know it since long time...old Tata trucks are still known as Benz trucks ..

and I still have the hang of it when I used hear my uncles and elders used to utter benz trucks al the time for any truck in my childhood days..
PS:born Petrol head I am :-)

Attachments

thats a good move by fiat to divorce tata. it would definitely improve the brand image of fiat and will definitely improve the sales charts.
Fiat image was at its nadir prior to tata jv. Its improved now, if not up to mark.

@ jaydeo, awesome photo, you are a born professional petrol head.

I know it since long time...old Tata trucks are still known as Benz trucks ..
Jayadev,

I was not talking about Benz trucks. (That was started in 1954 and ended after 15 years). Its good to know that you are aware of it.

Merc E220 cars were assembled in TATA Motors facility from 1994 to 2001 or 2002. Even now Mercedes cars in India are painted at TATA Motors.

FIAT is planning to move out of the joint venture with TATA only on the Sales and distribution part.

Joint venture for engine prouduction will continue. This 50:50 joint venture has also commited to supply engines to Maruti.
Some of the TATA cars like Manza are assembled in this facility along with Linea and Punto.

Fiat ASS experience prior to tata jv:

It was 2002\03.It was our first ever car, fiat uno- diesel.

Routine( 70,000 km) servicing was done,3 days back.

We were going from pune to satara, on NH4, when we were 65 km away from pune, engine malfunction signal started blinking, one belt had gone broken/torn.

Fiat ' on road breakdown service' vehicle, could not come. Fiat's Satara spare part shop
was closed.

Local truck mecanic arranged a truck belt, and done the car run temporarily. He showed us wear & tear marks on the belt,(should have been changed at the time of servicing).

One day,When we comlained about poor gc, they changed some suspensions arm, (Rs8 k) , problem prevailed.

Then after few days, we were travelling , approx 100 km distance was covered. We stopped at an eatery. My father noted that the rhs front wheel was hoter as compared to others.
Next day, took the car to fiat ASS, They changed something (bill 7 k,~ half of my monthly income) , but the hotness remained as it was.

Again, few days later they changed one more part,(bill again 7 k) Problem persisted.
They called senior engineer, he took a 10 km TD ,, and said it's normal for temperature to rise up to this level as the car is rhs front wheel drive.[cry]

Result-sold the car, bought wagonr, missed fiat engine/performence/space till I bought the manza.

Last edited:

Result-sold the car, bought wagonr, missed fiat engine/performence/space till I bought the manza.
You cannot compare manza and fiat,say linea.

When you drive manza,it feels like a caravan. you feel like you are getting old , comfort and space is just unavoidable for a senior citizen like you .

When you drive a Linea you feel so young and energetic that you r ready for any challenge.

Manza's soft steering and huge body roll will never let you feel How much more you have in you. .

I just wanted to say , engine, performence, of the uno. IMO manza has a fiat engine (though new generation)
Inspite of being a hatch, fiat uno was offering a lot of space inside.

I feel energetic, after healthy food, exercises, even if I am driving a bicycle.

I never compared manza with linea. They have their own positives and negatives discussed elsewhere.

I just wanted to say , engine, performence, of the uno. IMO manza has a fiat engine (though new generation)
Inspite of being a hatch, fiat uno was offering a lot of space inside.

I feel energetic, after healthy food, exercises, even if I am driving a bicycle.

I never compared manza with linea. They have their own positives and negatives discussed elsewhere.
Sorry ,if my comment felt offtopic. and I do realize how terrible it would be with fiat in those days.

What I meant to say is What tata miss except the engine. wish if Manza too performed like fiat car in dynamics departement..
But I do understand it would be sales dud like Linea.
I Know people who did test drive Fiat cars and said "it is scary and uncomfortable." but liked Manza and vista.

I. I have not found any sales man in TATA showroom, eager to sell FIAT. But I have met couple of sales persons telling that Linea has a very bad GC thus pushing Manza.
?
fiat has brought 2012 Linea model with with 22 mm more GC(tv commercials) .finally fiat agreed with the honest salesmen. Fiat took 14 years to understand importance of GC on Indian road.Is it a tata effect?

Last edited:

Top Bottom