Confirmed: Fiat Setting Up Separate Sales & Service Network

To make Fiat attractive to dealers, Fiat must come up with new models. As a dealer, I will surely think twice as of now before taking Fiat dealership. Issue becomes grave with the experience when Fiat joined hands with Tata leading probs to Fiat dealers.

Fiat should have a hatch in sub-5L to get the volumes going first. After that they can come up with some sedan in sub-10L bracket, Linea has become old now.

Why would any entrepreneur want to take up Fiat dealership when it is conspicuous that Fiat struggles to sell 1500 cars per month, month after month? Why would such entrepreneur rather not opt for a Maruti, or even another Tata dealership? Fiat have really messed up things for themselves in this country and its extremely difficult for them to entice the Indian car buyers with the bait of "ANOTHER FIAT COMEBACK!!". They need to understand that Indian small car buyer will not dive deep for his object of affection. He would rather choose something that he sees afloat. Much as I would love to own a Punto, I know that there are other cars that are more value for money and that offer better peace of mind. Mr. Rajiv Kapur, the Indian car buyer will not ask you to Fix It Again, Tony. Please fix all this muck once and for all.

Why would any entrepreneur want to take up Fiat dealership when it is conspicuous that Fiat struggles to sell 1500 cars per month, month after month? Why would such entrepreneur rather not opt for a Maruti, or even another Tata dealership? Fiat have really messed up things for themselves in this country and its extremely difficult for them to entice the Indian car buyers with the bait of "ANOTHER FIAT COMEBACK!!". They need to understand that Indian small car buyer will not dive deep for his object of affection. He would rather choose something that he sees afloat. Much as I would love to own a Punto, I know that there are other cars that are more value for money and that offer better peace of mind. Mr. Rajiv Kapur, the Indian car buyer will not ask you to Fix It Again, Tony. Please fix all this muck once and for all.
Exactly my thoughts I posted them above in the thread . Fiat needs to make some serious noise in the industry about some future products they wish to bring and that too bring them fast . Or maybe like gm did by killing Opel brand and starting fresh with chevorlet they can do it by bringing chrysler .

Exactly my thoughts I posted them above in the thread . Fiat needs to make some serious noise in the industry about some future products they wish to bring and that too bring them fast . Or maybe like gm did by killing Opel brand and starting fresh with chevorlet they can do it by bringing chrysler .
Agreed. There is a big mistrust in minds of buyers before opting for Fiat. Here is a company which has one good hatch, the punto but fails just because it is Fiat. Put it under different brand like Hyundai Punto or Maruti Punto or even Tata Punto, & its sales will triple !

350Z

Core Team
Good news: Fiat has inaugurated their first individual dealership – Tejaswi Motors – in India at Hyderabad. Here's an excerpt from the press release:
The 5,400 sq ft showroom with a frontage of 80 feet is specially designed to give the real FIAT experience to its customers, another move by the company in strengthening its brand presence in India, after having launched its FIAT Caffe a few months ago. The showroom which was opened by an existing TATA FIAT dealer will provide an enhanced FIAT buying experience.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Fiat's first exclusive dealership- in Hyderabad

HYDERABAD, MAY 9:
Fiat India today inaugurated their first independent dealership in Hyderabad and plans to have about 20 of them across the country by the end of this year.

This move to have own dealerships is aimed at presenting Italian automotive major Fiat as the global brand and possibility showcasing various other models from its stable over the years.

After inaugurating the new dealership here, Mr Enrico Atanasio, Head-Commercial, Fiat India, said, “Fiat Group views India as a strategic market and will open a new company to leverage this potential. Following our announcement, Tejaswi Motors, an existing dealer for Tata Fiat vehicles, has taken up the initiative to set up this showroom.”

He said the idea is to provide a totally new brand experience and reconfirms the strong relationship the company shares with the Tata Group. Soon more dealerships are expected to be opened.

The new dealership is aimed at exclusively catering to Fiat India and retail Linea and Punto.[:)]Business Line : Companies News : Fiat opens first exclusive dealership in Hyderabad

Re: Fiat's first exclusive dealership- in Hyderabad

HYDERABAD, MAY 9:
Fiat India today inaugurated their first independent dealership in Hyderabad and plans to have about 20 of them across the country by the end of this year.

This move to have own dealerships is aimed at presenting Italian automotive major Fiat as the global brand and possibility showcasing various other models from its stable over the years.

After inaugurating the new dealership here, Mr Enrico Atanasio, Head-Commercial, Fiat India, said, “Fiat Group views India as a strategic market and will open a new company to leverage this potential. Following our announcement, Tejaswi Motors, an existing dealer for Tata Fiat vehicles, has taken up the initiative to set up this showroom.”

He said the idea is to provide a totally new brand experience and reconfirms the strong relationship the company shares with the Tata Group. Soon more dealerships are expected to be opened.

The new dealership is aimed at exclusively catering to Fiat India and retail Linea and Punto.[:)]Business Line : Companies News : Fiat opens first exclusive dealership in Hyderabad
Being in Hyderabad I missed this! I get TOI at home no print ad in the newspaper about it or I missed it too IDK. anyway its good I can just drive down to them & get the details from the company dealer directly than from the TATA fellas! nice work from FIAT!

Re: Fiat's first exclusive dealership- in Hyderabad

Being in Hyderabad I missed this! I get TOI at home no print ad in the newspaper about it or I missed it too IDK. anyway its good I can just drive down to them & get the details from the company dealer directly than from the TATA fellas! nice work from FIAT!
Dude, please click and post here some pics too!!

I found the location of FIAT showroom in Hyderabad its at Jubilee Hills Check post just before the signal if one is coming from TDP office (its on the right) if coming from Hi-Tech city then after crossing the Jubilee Hills Check post signal its on the left. Didn't click pics will take pics if I go there soon [:D] the showroom looked pretty big.

A bit of OT, I have observed an increase in the number of Punto's on the road in Hyderabad since January & I believe the ratio would only increase with the exclusive dealership in town. I hope the trend improves & more & more people look at the car which is very much VFM too

Last edited:
A bit of OT, I have observed an increase in the number of Punto's on the road in Hyderabad since January & I believe the ratio would only increase with the exclusive dealership in town. I hope the trend improves & more & more people look at the car which is very much VFM too
I dont think it would be piece of cake in India ,Fiat cars as a package comes with an invisible factor called safety (I have no evidence to prove it yet),which we Indian's do not mind taken for granted,and it adds to the price of overall product considerably
Small light weighted cheap cars will continue ruling Indian hearts .sure.

Top Bottom