Comprehensive Review of Ertiga ZDI. Its ICE and Travelogue

2.The most annoying part of driving diesel vehicle after driving Pertrol based super rocket Zen, I had difficulty and felt strenous driving a diesel vehicle. The main reason is due to the fact that you got to shift the gear all the time in Blr city traffic, unlike my zen which used to pull up from 20Kmph to 70Kmph in 4th gear. With Ertiga, when you are in 5th gear with speed of 60Kmph, if you fall below 40Kmph, you have to MANDATORILY shift down the gear and get the vehicle above 50Kmph speed before you can shift back into the 5th gear. Absolutely annoying.
It’s hard to get used to Diesel vehicle when transfer from petrol..Petrol ZEN can pull from 20 to 70 in 5th Gear as the Torque curve has wider band for petrol. as for the Diesel max torque has small sharp curve, meaning try to adopt this while driving diesel cars..Diesel engines needs to be revved a bit more than petrol in each gear compared to petrol ( only pressure hit to burn the oil inside engine no spark plug).
For up shifting as well as down shifting we have recommended speeds for diesel car balance power and millage.
for City : up shift
1st max 10 kmph
2nd max 20 kmph
3rd max 35 kmph
4th max 60 kmph

I never use 5th gear in heavy traffic in city..

Millage is mainly depends on the driving style apart from condition of the car.

hope this helps..

I am getting 16 Kmpl in City(chennai) 19 Kmpl in highways( speed between 100-120 and occasional 140 too)

- Prabhu

HI Mahi,

I have Ertiga ZDI. Would like to install new head unit. The OLX link you have provided is expired. Can you please share VIZAG dealer number?

Re: Ertiga ZDI Ownership Review - A to Z Info Regarding Ertiga

Dear All, I bought it in Japan and gave it to Mahi (since by brother's car was on long waiting period). so instead of buying or ordering from overseas, you can order it from Vizag Seller. The link is in TAI's another page; The Seller link is

Swift Head Unit / Double Din DVD Player without GPS - Visakhpatnam - Car Parts - AUDIO SWIFT

Please call and order this guy Prabhakar, but you have to buy the map from mapmyindia or get the iGOmyway map for India. there are some TAI'ans did this already. (see the posts from TAI'ans later)

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...iew-z-info-regarding-ertiga-4.html#post248797

This unit is same as my car. if any doubt, please let me know. you can fit it like piece of cake at Konark bangalore.
Hi I'm looking for the HU vendor, and have had no luck do far! in fact he's even withdrawn the item off ShopClues.com! So I'm kind of hitiing a wall! mahii, starpp please help!

bhvm

Honoured Member
Excellent Writeup and Converage Mahi!
Loved your HU which I must say is a GEM.
However I was expecting much more from NAV because even Mobile navs offer better features and Finders than this one.
Any Plans on Upgrading Speakers/Woofers on your Unit?
That will surely Unlock the true potential of your HU. I know, Jagjeet singh has a very deep voice and I installed 2 Woofers in my XUV 500 For him! He Almost sings from the woofers!!

Now comes the detailed demonstration of ICE.

Thanks to starpp who helped me get this HU which he got it from Japan or Spore.

View attachment 77683

I presume this HU can be fitted in any premium car as its backside unit is in line with international specification for Car HU square box and the company produces the front moulds and buttons in line with specific car's dimensions.

Please tell me where I can get one like this!!!!!!!!!!!

The beautiful bluetooth: This is absolutely handy to make/receive calls when you are driving and you can control all aspects from the HU like connect, disconnect, mute etc. You can also dial the new numbers from the HU itself.

View attachment 78594

Pairing with the mobile is a breeze, works like a charm. You can connect multiple mobiles with this head unit and when you start your car, it automatically connects to your mobile if it has BT switched on. (thanks to autoconnect feature). I'm yet to sync the phone contacts with HU so that I get the name of the person calling rather than mere phone number and now I still need to look at phone screen to see who is calling. Yet to explore this option but its very much supported which is a great feature.

View attachment 78595

The microphone (came along with HU) is placed on the pillar close to a place where voice can be heard easily. But I've often heard people complaining that they cant hear me when I'm using the in car blue tooth and using this microphone. May be I have to change the position of the microphone !
View attachment 78598

When paired, you can play the songs on your mobile and it plays beatifully on your HU with music blasting from your cars speakers. During this the HU reads "Audio Play" to indicate that its playing the songs from bluetooth source.

View attachment 78596
ps check this link. whether this is same as yours?

ETO Suzuki Swift 2011 2012 Stereo Auto Radio Car HD Head Unit GPS Nav Navigation | eBay

Thread Starter #113
Dear All new Ertigans,

Its been a while since I updated the posts here. I saw many new Ertiga owners with their threads running up on TAI.

Some of old folks like Saby, Architect, Starpp have had posted beautiful Ertiga reviews in the past and I thought bringing up my thread will answer many questions on the new threads people are asking. This post of mine will help you with decison making (petrol vs diesel), ICE details, Alloy wheels related info etc..

Pl feel free to post and ask questions... happy to help.

Btw, my Ertiga just completed 1st Anniversary on 16th Oct... :)

Thread Starter #116
Bringing up this thread so that many queries on Ertiga ICE are answered. Pl start from the 1st page and flip through next few pages regarding ICE setup in my Ertiga.

Hope it will be useful.

Regards,
Mahi

Hi Mahii,

I just bought Ertiga Zxi few days back and willing to upgrade the ICE like your and starpp's. But the link you guys have provide is expired. When searching, we are getting many options but I would like to buy it from a trusted dealer. I hope your ICE is still doing well without any niggles :) just get back to us whenever you get time.

HI Mahii,

How i missed this thread? I too have an Ertiga and i usually follow all TAI who has the same. Is there any updates or still you have the ertiga?

Top Bottom