Comprehensive Review of Ertiga ZDI. Its ICE and Travelogue

Thread Starter #31
Re: Ertiga ZDI Ownership Review - A to Z Info Regarding Ertiga

Mahi Sir,

I m impressed with your Ertiga review.And,Ertiga looks smashing in Granite Grey Color.My neighbor has Ertiga of same version and same color the one you have.He bought it in August 2012.
Thank you Music Swift. I've loads of review points to pen down yet. As and when I get time, I posting the reviews.

Thanks

Thread Starter #32

Continuing the review points..

All my initial posts so far have been on nagatives of the car, let me list down the positives of the Ertiga:

1. The space utilization: Its a amazing the space usage inside the car and extremely comfortable seating in all three rows. The seat adjustments capability is also good. The ZDI comes with driver seat adjustment which increases the visibility and helps in driveability. The third row when folded provides you with so much of space that you can use for transporting anything of your choice.

2. The Driveability and Manevourability: Clear winner when compared to Innova. Driving innova feels strenous whereas the manner in which Ertiga drives is amazing compared to Innova. Also the turning radius is amazing small helping you to take U turns and also during takeover on highways.

3. Suspension: Its a cradle like feeling and you dont feel the bumpy roads sitting inside the vehicle. I think its bit of rather too much suspension at work which sometimes sways you across the seats during high speeds (what you call it as a body roll)

4. Steering wheel: Its one of the smoothest steering wheel of all the vehicles that I've driven. The ease with which it works is amazing. The ZDI varient get the steering wheel adjustment which again help in better driving and you can adjust it diffferently in city driving and highway. In city driving I always keep the steering wheel upright so that you are more attentive and on a long drive I pull it down so that it helps in easy cruising and comfortable seating posture with your hands bit lowered (less strenous)

5. Gears The gears were notchy during initial days and within two months I can feel the smoothness with which I can change the gears. It easily slots in the next possible gear (based on speed) without much effort which again helps in driving comfort.

6. AC Cooling The cooling is awesome and very effective. My only qualm is that MS should have provided master switch near driver seat for the middle row AC unit.

7.Extras The water bottle storage places are very well done and they are easily accessible by all in all the three rows. You dont need to dance around in the car to access the water bottle. Never used the coke/pepsi can holder pullout near the front AC vent.

8. The Sun Visors MS could have done good job by providing the bigger Sun Visors as the current ones are way to small and they dont cover the full area. When the sun visor is tilted towards window to stay away from blazing sun, it just doesn't help as you cannot slide it to suite the sun protection OR glare protection from windscreen. It just falls short on both sides. Good to tuck it away!

9. The ODO Its a neatly arranged cluster of information and very informative. I like the dails which are lit even during the day time and when you enter tunnel they all glow up. Just the wicked red dials looks great. Other than that, all the settings, brightness adjustments, trip meters are all very useful features.

10.Mileage Last but not the least for we Indians who are obsessed with "Kitna deti hai" :) --- well, When I took the delivery of the vehicle, the ODO said 14.1Kmpl and after 2 weeks it hit 15.6. After that I took her on a loooong drive of 2000Kms and got an impressive 18.2Kmpl. Post that for the last 1 month that I've been driving her in Bangalore city, I'm getting 17.2Kmpl consistently. Over the period it may come down to 17Kmpl due to fuel wastage in traffic, signals etc, BUT 17KMPL for this kind of vehicle is just awesome. Not sure if this is going to improve after 2nd service though.

Some more review points in my next post...I will cover the long distance story with lots of pictures of the vehicle and complete ICE story, which I'm sure you'll all like it :)

Thanks for reading and do let me know your views as well. If you have any specific questions please do let me know.

Thanks/Mahi

Last edited:
Thread Starter #35

Some more Ertiga Pictures... its allowing only 2 pics to be uploaded per post... so posting all pictures in numerous posts..

Attachments

Thread Starter #36

This is the integrated speaker which helps during back out so that as you are nearing the obstacle, it helps with the beeps. This is also integrated with the head unit which shows the distance as you back out

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #38

Now comes the detailed demonstration of ICE.

Thanks to starpp who helped me get this HU which he got it from Japan or Spore.

DSCN0571.jpg

I presume this HU can be fitted in any premium car as its backside unit is in line with international specification for Car HU square box and the company produces the front moulds and buttons in line with specific car's dimensions.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dear Mahi,

Could you please tell me from where you got this HU. I wanna buy one like this. What about the Navigation system.? Is it good?

Hi Mahi, Nice to see the cute LUV with ICE. :-)

Hi Minubasil, this unit comes with iGO myway India maps from Naviextras.com, this unit also support Mapmyindia maps (for extra cost) since this is Windows CE OS based system.

Hi Mahi, Nice to see the cute LUV with ICE. :-)

Hi Minubasil, this unit comes with iGO myway India maps from Naviextras.com, this unit also support Mapmyindia maps (for extra cost) since this is Windows CE OS based system.
Dear Starpp, Thank you for your response. Could you please tell how can i purchase this unit and how much was the price. Who can fix this? I mean any car accessories shop can fix this unit. Regards

Dear Starpp, Thank you for your response. Could you please tell how can i purchase this unit and how much was the price. Who can fix this? I mean any car accessories shop can fix this unit. Regards
Dear Minubasil, i got this unit in Japan and gave it to Mahi. i have posted the details of fixing this and other accessories for my Ertiga and shop details to Mahii. this can be fixed like piece of cake at Konark Jaya Nagar. (a guy name Siddu can do this easily). Please let me know if I can do anything for you. you can see my Ertiga information on this page: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ki-ertiga-zdi-bought-ownership-review-54.html

Dear Minubasil, i got this unit in Japan and gave it to Mahi. i have posted the details of fixing this and other accessories for my Ertiga and shop details to Mahii. this can be fixed like piece of cake at Konark Jaya Nagar. (a guy name Siddu can do this easily). Please let me know if I can do anything for you. you can see my Ertiga information on this page: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ki-ertiga-zdi-bought-ownership-review-54.html
Thank you starpp for your response. Could you please tell me how can i buy this? Please help me.

Thank you

Top Bottom