Comprehensive Review of Ertiga ZDI. Its ICE and Travelogue

Re: Ertiga ZDI Ownership Review - A to Z Info Regarding Ertiga

Thanks Sandeep for detailed info on Insurance saaga. Is it possible to get the zero dep included after buying the insurance? (I've RS Insurance)

rgds/Mahi
I'm not sure, but it's definitely worth a try. You don't loose anything by asking.

Congrats on your Ertiga Mahii.Ertiga is one of the best buy in Maruti because of its VFM Factor.
At 10 lakh I don't know the VFM factor, but yes it definitely has a feel good factor to it. Seems bigger than it actually is, because all the space is within the cabin, and not the boot.

I have done about 2700+ Kms in 1 month till date. seems ok till now. Average could be better, I am getting 14.5 or so, mixed drive. Our city drives are also not really bumper to bumper, not very congested. In fact can drive in 4 th and 5th most of the times.

Let's see after 2nd service.

Thread Starter #19

Dear All,

Its been quite a while since I've updated this review page of mine due to non availability of quality time. Hope these updates will help you all.

Post all PDI etc, finally took delivery of the vehicle on 16th Oct 12. Did the pooja at 5th Block Raghavendra Rayara Math. Couple of pics below:

Attachments

Thread Starter #21

The MODS Added are the following:

1. Rear end spoiler - Rs.7000/- The actual MRP as per the accessory list it costs just Rs.3490/- but Kalyani Motors charged me whopping 7000/- I came to know later that Bimal charged the actual and Sagar automobiles charged Rs.5000/- for the rear end spoiler. So, a piece of advice to all prospective buyers is to check the price and negotiate.

2. Sill Gaurd - Rs.450/- After they have put the sill gaurd, two have already come out. I donno how useful they are apart from Ertiga branding!

3. Side mouldings - As you can see from the pictures they are placed in paralell with Ertiga bulge line.

4. Ertiga Embossed seat cover - Rs.5000/-

5. Door Visor - Rs.1250/-

5. Full Floor Mat - Rs.1345/- In my view this SHOULD be standard offering for car for which you 11 Lakhs!

All these are added at Maruti Showroom.

I've added the other MODS from outside and I will cover them in detail in my next few posts.

Cheers..Mahi

Excellent click buddy.

You have wisely chosen the accessories. Nothing looks overboard. As for the price of Spoiler, you can very well claim the extra charges back since you have purchased it from MASS itself. The price should be same at all showrooms if the product is MGP.

Thread Starter #24

Continued from previous post..

As I took delivery on 16th Oct, took the new Ertiga for Spin on a Bangalore Mysore trip and ensured I did not push her beyod 100, though I was itching to step on the gas.

The overall ride was excellent and on highways the car behaved very well.

Here are the couple of pics.... one with my old love, the Zen LX :)

The initial observations are as below:

1.The Headlight is horribly weak at 60/65W. I'm sure I need to get it changed to Philips 90/100W. When I questioned the Maruti showroom guy said that apparently as per Govt guidelines the factory cannot ship the car with headlights greater than 65W - it sounded like a joke!, not sure if its true.

2.The most annoying part of driving diesel vehicle after driving Pertrol based super rocket Zen, I had difficulty and felt strenous driving a diesel vehicle. The main reason is due to the fact that you got to shift the gear all the time in Blr city traffic, unlike my zen which used to pull up from 20Kmph to 70Kmph in 4th gear. With Ertiga, when you are in 5th gear with speed of 60Kmph, if you fall below 40Kmph, you have to MANDATORILY shift down the gear and get the vehicle above 50Kmph speed before you can shift back into the 5th gear. Absolutely annoying.

3. When you unlock the vehicle, even boot also gets unlocked and this is a major BLUNDER from Maruti.
They should have given level inside the vehicle for opening the when you are inside the car and a third button on the remote for opening the boot seperately.

4. When ever someone occupied the 2nd or 3rd row, they switch ON the AC and while alighting invariably they dont switch it off - this has happened 100% of the time with various family members, colleagues and friends repeatedly. So, when you drop them and start driving, the AC still blows out you got to park the car, get down, open the door and switch off the AC. This has happened with me at least 8-10 times so far. Now making a habit of telling the 2nd row passengers to ensure switching off the AC and it feels very awkward!

Instead Maruti SHOULD HAVE given a control switch in whatever form near drive seat so that you can simply shut the middle row AC. It could have costed Maruti a switch and couple of meter of wires!

List will be continued in my next post with new picturesof the MODS that I've added.

Attachments

Last edited:

Congrats on your buy! Regarding the 2nd row AC, you don't have to get off the car to turn it off. Right from your driver's seat if you lift your left hand behind you'll be able to reach the AC control switch. That's how I do it in my Ertiga. In fact I don't ask anybody to turn it off; I personally turn it off every time I get off the vehicle.

Thread Starter #26

Hi,

Yes.. I've tried that trick couple of times only to get the sprain in my right arm... ooouccchhh !! --- After that, I stopped doing that stunt of switching OFF the 2nd row AC from the driver seat [frustration]

Cheers..mahi

Good post Mahii

Great VFM vehicle as well

Keep the thread alive and updated [:)]

Congrats and the color is superb too!!

Thread Starter #28

Continued review..

5. The last row belt does not get tucked away properly, even though Maruti have given a tiny hook. The round surface around the door area (between the second row and third row as shown in the pic below) should have been made flat so that you can easily alight/stepin without slipping. Every time the third row passengers are required to get in/get out, they have to carefully manevour the slippery area.

Attachments

Mahi Sir,

I m impressed with your Ertiga review.And,Ertiga looks smashing in Granite Grey Color.My neighbor has Ertiga of same version and same color the one you have.He bought it in August 2012.

The MODS Added are the following:

1. Rear end spoiler - Rs.7000/- The actual MRP as per the accessory list it costs just Rs.3490/- but Kalyani Motors charged me whopping 7000/- I came to know later that Bimal charged the actual and Sagar automobiles charged Rs.5000/- for the rear end spoiler. So, a piece of advice to all prospective buyers is to check the price and negotiate.
That's a disgusting practice from the dealer, please do notify Maruti about their dealer's malpractice.

Top Bottom