Comparison Of Tuning Boxes

Thread Starter #48
The Results are based different tests done.

The tests are done for finding the following -

1. Mileage
  2. In-gear Acceleration ( 20-80 in 3rd gear, 40-120 4th gear)
  3. Acceleration figures 0-60, 0-100, 0-150
  4. Top Speed
  5. Pollution
  6. Refinement

The Devices & Methods used in this process were -

1. Tank full to tank full for 1
  2. V-Box & GPS phones for 2,3 & 4
  3. Smoke Meter & Pollution testing for 5
  4. Decibel meter for 6 ( NVH levels)

Basing on these a Point system was used to determine the positions.

Lot more things like DYNO charts, Exhaust gas temperatures were also used for this Extensive comparison.

ProBiker, I was wondering if you could share some details without taking brand names (if some contracts stops you from doing so).

1. EGT Vs Power - Did u notice a corelation between higher EGTs & more power across all brands. Did any of the units offer comparable performance (hp/torque) with lower EGTs as compared to others.

2. Did any of the car tested have a down stream O2 sensor? Did u check the AFRs for these comparisons with an after market AFR gauge?

3. Did u check and compare stock rail pressure to the new rail pressure with these ECUs?

Thanks

Hi ProBiker, I have a Vista VX, with 1.3 MJD @75bhp. I was going through the thread and wanted to know a little bit more about the long term effect on the car. Will such a box ruin the balance of the car like, great loss of mileage, blown components etc.

I have a very conservative driving style in city, but love to punch it in highways (Not that aggressive though). I want a little bit of more throttle response and a bit more of top speed. What kind of box would you recommend?, Can I go with RD Dieseltronic? Would I need to do extra tuning?

Re: Final Result

The Final Result now -

1. Race Dynamics,
  2. Spider,
  3. Engine Cal,
  4. Pete's,
  5. Race Chip,
  6. Tunit.
i have racedynamics diesel tronic in my verna,so far no trouble for me. I Mostly drive in E and P1 mode,and P2 only on highway for flat drives(as braking is a little out of control might be due to increased turbo).

Sorry to bump up an old thread.

I was wondering whether any Polo 1.2 TDI owners have used any tuning box in their cars. If so, what kind of gains can I expect (0-60 kmph, in-gear acceleration, etc)? I am intrigued by the RaceDynamics box but I was also wondering about a remap (Tune-O-Tronics). It would be nice if Prabhakar sir could do a comparo between the RaceDynamics tuning box and a remap by Tune-O-tronics? :please:

Probiker Sir,

Can we alter/Remap the ECU for a higher gear @ slightly reduced RPM's in Auto Transmission cars. Could you Pl. through some light on that.

Sorry to bump up an old thread.

I was wondering whether any Polo 1.2 TDI owners have used any tuning box in their cars. If so, what kind of gains can I expect (0-60 kmph, in-gear acceleration, etc)? I am intrigued by the RaceDynamics box but I was also wondering about a remap (Tune-O-Tronics). It would be nice if Prabhakar sir could do a comparo between the RaceDynamics tuning box and a remap by Tune-O-tronics? :please:
I too searching something for polo 1.2 TDI, options are I guess RD tuning box and Racechip and Remap. Is there anyone here can tell which one better among these three. My priority goes like
1. more pickup in lower gears without too much gear shifting in overtaking (mostly in two line highways,which I hate in stock 1.2 TDI engine [anger])
2. Not much drop in FE with the same kind of driving style (i prefer to drive within 2000 rpm level)
3. No Damage to Engine

Top Bottom