Comparison Of Tuning Boxes

It is the same ECU fooling device as others.
It is also over fueling only.
It may be similar to others as in the test in performance.

Their claims of reduced emissions is also a false statement.
They are claiming much more than what is reality.

You can increase power by 40% but your engine will die in few days.
Your mileage will also fall down by atleast 50% in that setting.

You can increase mileage by 25% but your power goes down by 40-50%.

Both of them together is a mis-normer.

The safe limits are under 15% of increase in power which drops mileage close to 10-20% depending on driving styles & vehicle.

In the end Tuning box or remap is your choice based on the pros & cons from your point of view.
Hi,
Thanks very much!
Which tuning box will you recommend for a gasoline engine?

Cheers

Hi. Yesterday I visited the Auto car show at Mumbai. Race Dynamics had a stall there and offered a test drive on a Diesel Swift fitted with their new tuning box called dieseltronics with a 4step option remote of power1,power2,Eco,stock mode . I as a total novice took the test drive and was amazed at the great experience of a tuning box. The swift drove like crazy in the power2 mode and the thrill of a highly responsive diesel car accelerating and zipping off the signal was amazing .It was the fastest car of the signal . They quote Rs20k for this product . Wanted your opinion and advise on the negatives of such product. Does it do any long term damage to a car engine. I want to fit it on a New Hyundai Verna fluidic diesel 4 speed automatic. Is it worth it or cause any long term damage to the engine as I intend to use the car for at least 5 years. Please advise.

Hi. Yesterday I visited the Auto car show at Mumbai. Race Dynamics had a stall there and offered a test drive on a Diesel Swift fitted with their new tuning box called dieseltronics with a 4step option remote of power1,power2,Eco,stock mode . I as a total novice to tuning boxes took the test drive and was amazed at the great experience of a tuning box. The swift drove like crazy in the power2 mode and the thrill of a highly responsive diesel car accelerating and zipping off the signal was amazing .It was the fastest car off the signal . They quote Rs20k for this product . Wanted your opinion and advise on the negatives of such product. Does it do any long term damage to a car engine. I want to fit it on a New Hyundai Verna fluidic diesel 4 speed automatic. Is it worth it or cause any long term damage to the engine as I intend to use the car for at least 5 years. Please advise.

Thread Starter #34
@sham

I'm not sure where you checked the Box.
However the performance figures as per the Vbox & Dyno runs is putting it really high on the comparison charts which we are making.
Can you please throw some more light on your experience??

@ thetwin

For petrol you need to go for Standalone ECU or a remap.
If interested I'll check with them & provide details.

@ TopGun

Race Dynamics is indeed very good in our tests.
It'll be in the Top 3 most probably.
The results will be out by 2-3 week of December.
We are looking in for some reliability tests as well.
Will update as soon as possible about the same.

Hi,

The story goes like this...
So I live in Bangalore and close to a place called Rajarajeshwari Nagar.
There is a 'Torque' showroom in that place and I happen to befriend that guy(avid rallyist) and when i started having conversations with him about 'Pete's' he said there is another one called 'Spider' and gave me high hopes so i gave it a try ..

My view of the results are like this..
1st gear(w/wo AC)
There was very very negligible difference using the kit , I could feel that the car rolled off to a start just a tad bit faster but nothing to go bonkers over

2nd gear::(w.o AC)
Here again there was a mild increase in the torque , possible to figure out only if one knows his car well and knows when the turbo is about to kick in..
I didnt do any dyno tests or any metric tests per se as i wanted to get the feel for the change, so I cannot give you exact number but AFAIK i can say that the boost kicked in at aboutt 100-200rpm earlier than default, "BUT" it dies down very fast as well.

2nd gear: (with AC)
Here there was a noticeable change in the torque output and I "MUST" say that there was visible difference, (Punto was no slouch by default because of massive torque) I could see that the car was leaping even with AC on , It was definitely better than default .

3rd gear and 4th:(w/wo AC)
I did a speed trap in these gears and reaching 100 from 30kmph was about 1.5-2s faster with the kit in place.. (Again not exact , I did this test over my phone's stopwatch)

5th gear(w/wo AC):
Sadly there is absolutely no difference here, I was asked by the 'Spider' guy to rev the engine up to 4500rpm but I could not feel much kick at all.. Infact the top speed somehow remains to be the same,
Its strange and difficult to believe that if there is a 30% increase in BHP did nothing to the top speed..

Overall:
I would give it a 2 on 5 simply because it does not make one feel that his/her car has just got a shot of steroid and is mad.
City driving definitely improves with turbo lag in mid range begin reduced noticeably , however a seasoned driver(I feel) would not really care about this slight increase.

The hard thing to digest::
Punto always has a huge Torque band and so what i expected was that it would at least push me back into my seat in "any gear", But that never happened.

The worst part (I felt)
If you didnt tell me that my car was running on 'Spider' then chances are when i stepped into another Punto I would not figure out that there was anything different with my car to begin with...(The overall result is that 'MILD")

My car is the 76BHP version so perhaps the 90HP VGT could do more justice.. But for me I didnt feel much to buy it..

PS:: I"ve read a lot about Pete's can you please give me an opinion on that..
Also I'd like to know of other alternatives which are really worthy on my car.

I'm not looking for out and out performance .. My wishlist is just a few posts up.. Please take a look and let me know.

Thanks
Shampavman

Hi,

Wanted to know about the tuning box and its benefits for Tata Safari.

My Safari is Dicor 3L (2956 cc) 2007 make having done 40000 Kms. Current Average of 11.5 to 12 kmpl.

My preference on improvement parameters is as below;
1. Drivability
2. Mileage
3. Performance overall
4. In-gear Acceleration
5. Turbo Lag
6. Acceleration figures 0-60
7. Top Speed
8. Pollution
9. Refinement

Please advise with pricing impact.

I am still waiting for the results. I have been thinking about installing Race Dynamics Dieseltronic in my Punto 90 hp. How much bump in power is within safe limits according to you?

My preference is as follows -

1. Turbo Lag
2. Drivability
3. In-gear Acceleration
4. Acceleration figures 0-60
5. Acceleration figures 0-100
6. Acceleration figures 0-150
7. Performance overall
8. Refinement
9. Price
10. Top Speed
11. Pollution
12. Ease of use
13. Quality
14. Mileage

Thread Starter #38
@ All
The Final results are around the corner.

There is a small suspension issue in the car due to which we stopped some tests.
The issue is yet to be identified from the last 2 months.
Its a very small niggle which the people are unable to find the reason for.
Also the left pulling issue is not getting rectified so car was in TA$$ for close to 45 days in the last 2 & 1/2 months.

More over We are preparing for a new Drive by the end of February which has taken up considerable time.

Coming to recommendations of boxes, With the current scenerio -

Spider, Race dynamics & Unichip come very close.
However there are a couple of price changes & additions from other vendors.
So Please hold for a week when we can give you clear verdict.

@Sham

We rechecked your observations with a Punto 75, Old Swift & a Vista Quadrajet.
All the owners have a different feeling than what U said.
More over when we contacted Red Rooster ( The Distributer of Spider in India) they denied sending a Punto 75 version box to any of their dealers in Banglore.
The Box you tested for sure was not tuned for the Punto.
Please check with the Torque dealer once again or go directly to Red Rooster as You stay in Banglore.

Please call me for any clarification.

I got a Haltech Ecu in my car (nissan Skyline R33 Series II GTST ),its tuned at 14 PSI boost on Dyno reports 340 horsepower.
everything seems pretty good so far except few things
major is the REV drop while the Aircon is on.
MAF has been disconnected (Because aftermarket ECU)

would you have a clue about what to do ?

Thread Starter #40
Quick Update

To add to the existing trouble we decided to test the Reliability factor of the Engine to a certain extent.
We tried to check the EGT ( Exhaust Gas Temperature ) the most important factor which can break the Turbo with the high temperatures.
We also tried to analyse the Pulses which are altered by the Boxes.
All the Boxes were put into this test & the results are quite interesting.
Will publish some results soon.

@Codename47
No Clue of the issue Sire!!!

Hi,

Did you consider Racechip Pro or just Racechip for evaluation?
Former costs 229euros whereas the latter costs 129 euros.
229Euros also is way cheaper than Petes box and promises great improvements over the stock engine.
Also, when would your final comparison chart be out?
It is a great thread and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Thanks.

Yeah I fixed it anyways , it was an issue with the throttle body and MAF and AAC valve being disconnected, Rev Drop was because of that reason. I had to give it a nice wipe and increased RPM to 900 now it doesn't stall at aircon ON conditions.

Does these tuning boxes do the trick?

I know there are few available on standard ones such as:
BEE-R genrally for Skylines
Apexi Power FC (complete ECU with hand controls )
Haltech Sprint Series
Haltech Pro plus series
Monster chips

Re: Final Result

Glad to know that RD won the comparo.

Can you give an idea of how a Punto 90hp will perform with RD dieseltronic box?
I also need idea on how it will perform on 75hp? Or which one is best suited for the PUNTO 75hp. I am quite excited to install some racechip. Raj if possible we can get a good deal from dealer if we buy together. what say?
(only if you are keen to buy). [:D]

Top Bottom