Comparison: Manual v/s Automatic Transmission

@Anthakan & Neil
Have come across a Zen Auto run 60K kms from 2001 to till date. Could you Pl. suggest me whether I can go for it & if so what all I should check for before taking it on.

Thread Starter #49

350Z

Core Team
Have come across a Zen Auto run 60K kms from 2001 to till date. Could you Pl. suggest me whether I can go for it & if so what all I should check for before taking it on.
Heartiest welcome to The Automotive India. It totally depends on condition whether the car is worth it or not. You’ll find some helpful pointers on inspecting a used car in this link.

Drive Safe,
350Z

For last 3 and half years, I had been using i10 auto asta. It was very easy(read relaxed too) to drive for me as well as for my dad. However the flip side is that it gave poor mileage @12kms/lt. When my dad gave up driving, I sold it off and brought Liva diesel.

With auto i10 I used to visit petrol pump thrice a month. With Liva, its only after 26 days to be precise. i10 used to cost me @9000 INR per month vs Liva which is costing me @3000 INR a month.

Hi Neil Bujbal & 350Z,
Out of the 5 different autotransmissions mentioned above where does an Astar & Ritz Automatics fall. Is there a way (by piggyback ECU or so) to increase the mileage of Astar/Rtiz Automatics mileage.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
A very informative and valid thread Vibhor[clap]. Loved reading the comments as well. Excellent discussion I must say. So I have had my share of driving AT and MT and among them I feel a 5 or 6 speed AT is suffice to tackle the stressful daily traffic in Delhi-NCR. Manuals are certainly relating to reflexes of driver because we learn to drive on manual transmission cars but for sheer ease of drive AT I found to be best. AT cars now are not as pricey as they use to be 5-7 years ago, so I feel, AT or AMT is much better than the conventional manual transmission for me if I own a sedan/hatchback/mpv. I would prefer a Manual if I drive a Indian SUV like Safari, Scorpio or XUV for the pleasure of doing gear shifts myself.

Regards

Akash

I always loved manual box than automatic, well almost all auto enthusiast love to drive a car with manual box. But now a days i am thinking about buying a car with auto box so that everyone in the family can drive. Elder people and ladies always prefer auto boxes over manual.
But i will miss the 'Dominic Toretto' style shifting all the time[;)]

Last edited:
Automatic V/s manual Transmission

Hello Friends, I am looking to buy Ford Ecosport to drive mainly in delhi/Noida conditions daily city traffic. I am confused between the automatic and manual petrol version, my daily use would be around 20-40km. So experts here can you please guide if automatic will be good for city conditions or I should go for manual? Please advise with reason Thanx in advance.

Automatic is always good for city, but ecosport automatic may not be a good choice.

From what i heard ecosport at is very bad at overtaking. Do take a test drive.

Automatic is always good for city, but ecosport automatic may not be a good choice.

From what i heard ecosport at is very bad at overtaking. Do take a test drive.
what could be a good competitor to ecosport with least issues under same budget? any recommendations?

There are lots of automatics in this price range. Ecosport at has 6 airbags and esp.
Avoid AMT gearbox. DSG is good for driving, but reliability-- is better than before but cant say its perfect. Cvt reliable but not fun to drive.

You should post a new thread here,

The Car Shopper

Top Bottom