Comfort Came Home - Toyota Corolla Altis Diesel

Thread Starter #1
Got my New Altis Diesel today. :)
After a long waiting period of 8 months i got the Gorgeous Silver
Admiration Guaranteed (sorry linea [;)]) while moving forward..

Toyota Corolla Altis Diesel G
On road price in Kerala is Rs.1505000 without accessories (fancy no extra :biggrin: ). I bought accessories for about Rs.30000 approx.

The new DVD touchscreen is really adorable. I love the plushness of interiors. This diesel car is very silent too.
For a car that holds the title of ever time best seller I have nothing to say about it's reliability. I always rely on Toyota.

Altis Diesel is not that underpowered as speculators says, if used the cogs wisely.
Remember, Altis Diesel is not a car for road racers but for those who love sedate driving. But once the rpm is around 2000 this car shows the power of VGT. I think this car is meant for business class than crazy young guys.

As I got my car today only, I must wait a bit for the FE figures. ( The USP of Altis Diesel [drive] )

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Comfort Came Home

Congrats Vivian a beautiful thing and also frugal on your pockets (suggest u have a apt title to this thread)..also looking forward to the ownership experience...enjoy!!

Haha,I + You + Markiv..so we can say than now there are on total three Altis D-4D owners on the forum.Hmm..So I have lost my exclusivity here.

Congrats buddy,your car is looking gorgeous.I think its a top end 'GL' variant,or its a 'G' as mine is?
Rest what is the on-road price at your place for the car?

At last,be ready for some painful wrists and shoulders during city or long drives if you are not chauffeur driven or is not used to shifting a lot.And also,take care while ascending inclines as if you get bogged down there,then this car needs quite a technique to make it move forward...this is what my 16,000 kms long experience with Altis D-4D says.

Congratulations for the new buy.

Looking gorgeous.

Altis is a matured car.

Silver colour gives an added beauty.

Congrats Vivian on your new Acquisition.

Wish you miles of Happy & Safe Motoring.

How is your Liva doing, if possible post a pics of them together.

Congrats Vivian for your new ride. It looks really nice. Happy Milesss Munching[clap]

Thread Starter #9
Haha,I + You + Markiv..so we can say than now there are on total three Altis D-4D owners on the forum.Hmm..So I have lost my exclusivity here.

Congrats buddy,your car is looking gorgeous.I think its a top end 'GL' variant,or its a 'G' as mine is?
Rest what is the on-road price at your place for the car?

At last,be ready for some painful wrists and shoulders during city or long drives if you are not chauffeur driven or is not used to shifting a lot.And also,take care while ascending inclines as if you get bogged down there,then this car needs quite a technique to make it move forward...this is what my 16,000 kms long experience with Altis D-4D says.
It's G variant. I have already paid 14.5 L including accessories. Registration charges will be extra ( 6% ) + Fancy number costs.

I have that technique [:)]

Congrats Vivian on your new Acquisition.

Wish you miles of Happy & Safe Motoring.

How is your Liva doing, if possible post a pics of them together.
Today I got delivered my Altis from Nippon Toyota and I left my Liva there for some dent repairs on running board. Will post more pics as soon as possible.

Congrats for buying New Altis. She looks stunning. Please note that one-liner topics are not permitted in the ownership reviews section anymore (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...omposing-your-ownership-review-must-read.html). Requesting you to please update the thread with a proper review in the opening post as soon as possible.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I will be writing more on it. Thank you

zengetz

Suspended
Hey ! Welcome back Vivian ! You been missing in action and the last time I seen you here was during the Liva discussions!

Congrats on the car and it looks superb !

Thread Starter #11
Hey ! Welcome back Vivian ! You been missing in action and the last time I seen you here was during the Liva discussions!

Congrats on the car and it looks superb !
Yeah, after a long time. haha. I was busy with making money for my new Altis [:D]

Congrats for buying New Altis. She looks stunning. Please note that one-liner topics are not permitted in the ownership reviews section anymore (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...omposing-your-ownership-review-must-read.html). Requesting you to please update the thread with a proper review in the opening post as soon as possible.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Damn,even mine also starts with a single line,but it has gone older,still I'd have to edit it?
If yes,then okay,I have a very long story and TDs those were done before Altis.

It's G variant. I have already paid 14.5 L including accessories. Registration charges will be extra ( 6% ) + Fancy number costs.

I have that technique

I will be writing more on it. Thank you
Its great to know that you have that technique because the first day I drove it,I didn't had[evil],and worse to come was that I was driving this car on steep inclines of Himalayas in Himanchal pradesh on my was to Jwala Ji.Got the car bogged down for 4 times and every time making it move forward was an issue,in fact once I had to make it move backward by about 15 feet.But that day I learned that this car is same as a Honda City,both of them needs to be revved to make them move especially on the inclines.

Well,I got a small advantage of buying the new variant of Altis at the time of launch itself and that advantage was of a price lower than others..:biggrin:

No doubt this car has got the best cabin and definitely the most silent diesel engine it is.NVH levels are great and the rear seat comfort is fantastic.My father frequently says "this car has got better rear seat than the 'Laura'".And the feeling of the soft touch plastic on the upper dash and upper part of doors is simply fantastic.

BTW what accessories have you bought for your car?
I have got:-
1):Leather seat covers.
2):Nothing else....my all the cars look 'stock' only..

And at last,FE..haha..the FE is the trump card,this car moves at 100 kph in sixth gear at very low revs and hence on highway you always get 20+ and in city its 15+..

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
But that day I learned that this car is same as a Honda City,both of them needs to be revved to make them move especially on the inclines.
Just pushing the accelerator pedal will solve the problem :cool:

BTW what accessories have you bought for your car?
I have got:-
1):Leather seat covers.
2):Nothing else....my all the cars look 'stock' only..
The accessories I have got are
1) Illuminated door scuff plates
2) Front grille upper
3) Corner protective moulds
4) Luggage tray
5) Floor mats
6) Muffler Cutter
7) Night Vision Gel
8) Reverse Sensor
9) Fog lamps (out of stock now)

And at last,FE..haha..the FE is the trump card,this car moves at 100 kph in sixth gear at very low revs and hence on highway you always get 20+ and in city its 15+..
I am expecting a 20+ [:D]

Congrats Vivian, this is a brilliantly engineered product....as you said, a Toyota after all. My father in law has the petrol altis & its butter smooth. I'm sure your diesel one will be the same as far as ride comfort & handling goes, just a bit heavier thats it.

Cheers

Jazzy

Top Bottom