Clutch Slave Cylinder - Punto

Thread Starter #1
I'm not sure if you guys are aware of Fiat's silent campaign which is replacing "Clutch Slave Cylinder" on its certain batch of vehicles for Punto and Linea.

It is not charged to customers and is been replaced usually in first or second service. Or they are even calling customers who's first service are already done.

Many of us must have experienced the deep clutch zpaddling when we drove Punto for the first time (now as we have driven this a bit we all got customed to it)...as per the service manager it is just to make clutch ,ore smoother and responsive.

The "Clutch Slave Cylinder" reduces the late grabbing of clutch which I'm sure is/was quite noticeable when we drove it for the first time.

I spoke to Service Manager/Adviser and Service engineer and they explained the same as above - it reduces deep clutch paddling, which is attached to the clutch pedal. On depressing the pedal, hydraulic fluid is forced from the master cylinder through the hard line to the slave cylinder. The piston in the slave cylinder is driven against the clutch linkage thereby releasing the clutch.

It's situated underneath where the battery is. You only need to take the battery out of the way to get better access. It's a two person job really, just so someone can pump the clutch while the other can drain the fluid. The cylinder itself is only fastened with two bolts, so once drained and disconnected really simple to whip out and put the new one in.

I suggest to all my Punto friends to check with there dealers about it and if your car needs that changes, the dealer will happily do it for you.

Cheers!

Attachments

Last edited:
Grandeur, are you finding any difference after the replacement?
I got it changed today, not much difference, but looks the clutch travel is reduced little bit.

Thread Starter #4
RSM, one of the reason to upgrade it was to reduce the clutch travel, which could lead to a problem in gear shifting. The upgraded part will retain the smoothness of gear shifting in longer run. (As told to me by Service Manager).

I also felt the difference, the day I got it replaced. Now I'm use to it and going good.

do you have any more details of which batch or vehicles delivered in which time period needs to be checked and replaced, so that owners who are not aware of such, can be informed.

All earlier, from June-Aug batch must check with their dealer, its better for everybody to call check. Anyway the owner will get the call from Dealer anyway. That might take some time though.

Top Bottom