Clutch Issue

Thread Starter #1

Renegade

Suspended
Guys I'm having some clutch issue in my Zen Estilo.I get this problem only when I engage the clutch for the first time in any gear(Engaging and disengaging).Its hard to describe the problem.But the time i press the clutch it gives a slight sound "tak" and it becomes a bit hard to from that position(It feels like it is pushes back by 1-2 cm of so)

I took it to the service center, they adjusted the clutch play. The problem has somewhat reduced but it is still there.
I have a feeling there is some problem with the clutch cable.
The service center people were least bothered.
I'm worried, help me out guys.

Thread Starter #4

Renegade

Suspended
So is it the problem of the clutch cable??

I don't get it all the time, if its the clutch cable it should be everytime i shift right??

But i get it when i use the clutch to shift into a gear and release it. If i use the clutch n number of time in the same gear I don't face this problem.But if i shift to another gear i get the same problem.

The car is nearing 10K kms, can the clutch cable have problems so soon??

If its the clutch cable you should feel the roughness & hanging back by 1,2cms every time you press the clutch while running or at a stand still.

Try pressing & depressing you clutch at a stand still for a few times.If its going smooth then the cable should be fine cant say what else can have gone wrong.

But if it isn't smooth,clutch cable should be the culprit.

well there is some squeaking sound in my car also when pressing the clutch! why does it happens?

New maruti cars have differential plays , it gives some thud sound when engaging and disengaging .

Try to correct that. Even i corrected it in my estilo in its 2nd month along with drive shaft replacement.

If there is no problem when you use clutch in the same gear means , the fault in cable and release bearing is ruled out.

Any how yours need the entire gear box lowered and worked on.

Clutch Issue with 7100 Kms Old i10.

Hi all.

I have recently discovered a clutch issue on my 7100 kms old hyundai I10. Yesterday while i was driving the car with 5 people onboard, I observed that when the car starts moving from a stop the car vibrates slightly when releasing the clutch.Also while returning home there was very heavy rains and I heard a slight squeaking sound 2-3 times while accelerating after one of the stoppages. Is it because of 5 people+heavy rains ? I doubt a wear and tear at just 7000 kms.Is it normal with i10's??

Top Bottom