Clutch Disc Change for Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
is it a must that i change the releaser bearing along with clutch disc change for maruti 800 . my car clutch as per my mechanic play has been adjusted to maximum so needs replacement. now find it difficult to drive uphills after stopping on half clutch.should i go for maruti genuine (MGP) PART OR SOME OTHER ONE

350Z

Core Team
Re: clutch disc change maruti 800

The entire clutch assembly was replaced in my case. And I strongly recommend to opt for Maruti Genuine Spare Parts.

Drive Safe,
350Z

zengetz

Suspended
Go for genuine parts only, it may be slightly on the higher side compared to something else but will save you on the longer run and less headaches.

Also since the gearbox would be opened, check the fly wheel ring too. If the teeth seems to have worn out ask him to turn it around [;)]

Hope this helps

Avi

It is a good idea to change the release bearing because it too gets worn out if you are using you car on a daily basis.Bearings can be checked to see the play.It is always recommended to change it along with the clutch plate and pressure plate.Older 800's used to have a separate retainer fitted into the release bearing.Newer 800's use a release bearing that comes with a retainer.Check your old bearing before purchasing a new one.
MGP parts are recommended.But if you can find a genuine SGP(suzuki genuine part) those clutches were made by daikin or asco aisin.Genuine sgp clutches are really smooth and you clutch pedal push will become really soft.Only buy if you get the clutch plate and pressure plate.Don't interchange or use a daikin/asco clutch with an mgp pressure plate.An MGP flywheel can be used.But use the clutch plate and pressure plate of the same manufacturer.MGP flywheels costs around Rs690.The prices of the SGP(daikin/asco)are just a little higher than mgp.Not more than Rs500 difference.The retainer if needed is Rs100.A Clutch replacement around Rs 800.
SGP kit -appx Rs 2200
MGP kit-appx Rs2000
Bearing With Retainer-Rs600
Bearing+Retainer-Rs600
Flywheel-Rs690
Clutch replace charges-appx Rs800

It is also recommended to get your gearbox flushed and to add new gear oil.

Last edited:
Hi all i have friend who has a M800 95 model, his clutch seems very hard, i mean peddling the clutch is very tough compared to my car. I was wondering what might be the cause! I checked the gearbox oil, its almost 85% filled and seems good too. He consulted some mechanic according to him there's some prob with those clutch plates n need to change. Is it the real cause and how mush it may cost to replace it?? Please do help :)
Thank you in advance :) and i've posted this question in the thread "Maruti 800: Technical Issues and Solutions" if its wrong to post this in that thread I'M SORRY...

Just look above for the prices.

The MGP kit is cheaper than mentioned before: appx 1200-1400
The release bearings are of two types one comes with a retainer built into it and one you need to purchase a separate retainer.This you can confirm with your mechanic.

I am using an Asco clutch and after 7k kms its still very soft and operates with negligible pressure.

If you are changing all the above components also go for an MGP clutch cable.All these parts are interchangeable except for the clutch and pressure plates.Stick to one make clutch and pressure plates.

Last edited:

Top Bottom