Clash Of Titans: Toyota Fortuner V/S Mitsubishi Pajero Sport

Which is a better SUV

• Total voters
Despite all the hype,the legendary brand and all the rally experience Pajero Sport has failed badly to shake the mighty Toyota off its pedestal.[frustration]
This is because Pajero is owned by Mitsu while Fortuner is owned by Toyota.
If Mitsu a.s.s would have been good, Fortuner would have fought with Force one in terms of sales nos. [lol]

Thread Starter #49
Re: Clash of the Titans: Toyota Fortuner V/S Pajero Sport

Pajero sport any day,Fortuner has already disappointed my zillions of times while on the other hand even the old under powered Pajero kept me happy.So I am always ready for a new improved Pajero.
In fact I have booked the TD too and is waiting for their call.(the dealer near to me is yet to get the TD vehicle)
Vipps,have you driven PS yet? If yes then what about a TSI type high adrenaline comparo between these two behemoths?What say?

Vipps,have you driven PS yet? If yes then what about a TSI type high adrenaline comparo between these two behemoths?What say?
^^Not yet, maybe they have called up but I haven't received their call. Will look forward for a TD(a good long one) after that only I can compare the two. But yes, since the car is an improved Pajero hence I have a lot of expectations from the car(have driven Pajero a couple of times).

Thread Starter #52
I don't understand this at all.Why do people buy SUVs? For show off;of course,for off-roading;obvious,for highway cruising;most definitely!!

But even then Pajero Sport which has got the legendary brand of Pajero sells only 200 units a month while Fortuner dominates this segment by selling 1200 odd units month after month! Why?

Is Fortuner a better SUV then Pajero Sport,or do we Indians don't trust HM/Mitsubishi at all??[cry]

On a side note,Mahindra Rexton has got over 1300 bookings:Ssangyong Rexton a smash hit; Mahindra increases production

Last edited:
The rexton looks a bit ugly from the back. A have also sat in one,has got a much better interior than the fortuner. But nothing is as good as the good old pajero. The sport is good but still my favorite suv is the SFX.

Sales of these SUVs during August, September, and October 2013 as follows.

Pajero Sport Aug(173), Sep(170), Oct(154)
Fortuner Aug(1313), Sep(1518), Oct(1631)

The number of after sales service centers, parts availability, and resale value also influence buyers decision. These sales figures give an indication of buyers choice.

Re: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Test Drive Review

The dimensions of Mitsubishi Papero Sport and Toyota Fortuner are included in the attached picture. Pajero Sport is having cabin volume (inclusive of all three rows) lower than Fortuner. The front glass on bonnet is having wider bottom and top is relatively narrow on appearance

IR, How is the cabin space in Pajero Sport?

hj.png

Length wise there is a miniscule difference of 10mm, but width wise the Pajero is much narrower, my educated guess is the second bench would be about 3 inch or so more wider in the fortuner.

I don't understand this at all.Why do people buy SUVs? For show off;of course,for off-roading;obvious,for highway cruising;most definitely!!

But even then Pajero Sport which has got the legendary brand of Pajero sells only 200 units a month while Fortuner dominates this segment by selling 1200 odd units month after month! Why?

Is Fortuner a better SUV then Pajero Sport,or do we Indians don't trust HM/Mitsubishi at all??[cry]

On a side note,Mahindra Rexton has got over 1300 bookings:Ssangyong Rexton a smash hit; Mahindra increases production
Fortuner and PS are both quite close when it comes to head on comparison.
the place where T-Fort wins hands down is in terms of A.S.S.

Toyota has a good enough network whereas HM/Mitsu are virtually non existant.

As of now if I were to buy one. I would buy the T-Fort( inspite the not so good ride quality) untill and unless PS blows me away with the entire package.
I wouldnt want to be stranded without spare parts and certified mechanics to install them

the place where T-Fort wins hands down is in terms of A.S.S.
Toyota After sales is really good. Not only India, outside India too Toyota after sales are meeting Toyota Quality Procedures. The Toyota dealership of south Kerala is explained in this Link.

Mitsubishi vehicles are built tough, and Pajero Sport no exception. Their dealer locations are very few, and the dealers are not having spare parts locally stored. Hence parts availability is a concern. The resale value of Mitsubishi vehicles are also on the lower side. I have extensively used Mitsubishi vehicles, including Pajero. If after-sales meets quality measures, then Pajero Sport will have a good future.

Thread Starter #60
Fortuner fans, in today's Autocar show Hormazd Sorabjee has scooped that on the first week of October, Toyota is going to launch Fortuner with 2.5lt D-4D engine, and with 3.0lt D-4D 4X4 Automatic variant. Interesting move isn't it! Guess they are looking for more volumes. Lets see at what price they launch this entry(2.5D-4D) variant?
Here is the link:SCOOP! Toyota Fortuner 2.5 coming early October | Car News | SUV/Crossovers | Autocar India
We had broken the story earlier that Toyota will be launching a new variant of the Fortuner with a 2.5-litre diesel engine this year. We now know that the Fortuner 2.5-diesel will be launched in the first week of October. Mated to a manual transmission, this 2.5-litre engine will make 142bhp. This two-wheel drive variant will be positioned below all the current 3.0-litre offerings from the Toyota stable.
Besides the new 2.5-litre engined Fortuner, Toyota is also planning to launch a 3.0-litre 4WD Automatic version that will sit at the top end of the range. The power output remains the same at 168bhp.

Last edited:

Top Bottom