Clash Of Titans: Toyota Fortuner V/S Mitsubishi Pajero Sport

Which is a better SUV

• Total voters
Thread Starter #16
Re: Clash of the Titans: Toyota Fortuner V/S Pajero Sport

Voted for Mitsubishi Pajero Sport, amazing dynamics this is where the Pajero transforms from being just another SUV to attain classic status. Age has not dimmed the Pajero’s capabilities, be it ride, handling or offroad ability. The underpinnings of the Mitsubishi make you feel invincible when confronted with any terrain.
Very well said buddy.Pajero is just not an SUV its a real SUV.Fortuner is all show and no go, while Pajero lineage SUVs are amazing when it comes to their on-off road behaviour.One just need to test them and they will know.[:)]

Thread Starter #17

Any one knows when Pajero Sports' CKD production will start?

PS: People have voted more for PS than T-Fort,amazing!!

I voted for Pajero Sport

Pajero Sports is best in all criteria as compared to fortuner, The interior of Pajero sports is quite specious seven passenger easily accommodate, I didn't like the looks and design of Forutner and car is not so comfortable while driving.

Thread Starter #19

Yes I agree with you anshu the design of new Fortuner is no way as good as the original one.

Voted for Mitsu. As an SUV, the pajero sport will be much better than the toyota. I agree that it has got less features when compared to Fortuner but still pajero is a better bet!
If the price had been between 24-27 Lakhs. Then it would have knocked out the fortuner!

Actually, what is currently being sold as Pajero is Montero while the current Montero is the real Pajero. Why is Mitsu selling wrongly named products in India ? [confused]

BTW, I voted for Pajero Sport, it is far superior than Fortuner. Fortuner is just a hyped truck, while Pajero can be called as SUV.

Obviously Pajero for the win!!! No doubts about it. [:)]

S-Class - where did you find that model is being sold with names interchanged.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #24

Just like Fortuner is based upon Hilux pick-up Mitsubishi Pajero Sport is also based upon Triton pickup.Here is some info about it:Mitsubishi Triton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also current Pajero SFX is the original Pajero which is around 30 years old car,while Montero is the latest gen Pajero.Worldwide Montero sells as Pajero but here in India Mitsubishi have gone with the name Montero to differentiate it from the first gen Pajero which they sell as Pajero SFX at around 20 lacs.

Obviously Pajero for the win!!! No doubts about it. [:)]

S-Class - where did you find that model is being sold with names interchanged.
Just like Fortuner is based upon Hilux pick-up Mitsubishi Pajero Sport is also based upon Triton pickup.Here is some info about it:Mitsubishi Triton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also current Pajero SFX is the original Pajero which is around 30 years old car,while Montero is the latest gen Pajero.Worldwide Montero sells as Pajero but here in India Mitsubishi have gone with the name Montero to differentiate it from the first gen Pajero which they sell as Pajero SFX at around 20 lacs.
Thanks Xovy for replying [:)].
At the end of the day, all UVs are trucks....problem is we are not much exposed to such trucks in India. Once this happens, many will automatically turn away from UVs. [:)]

Thread Starter #26

Thanks Xovy for replying.
Anything for you dear.<smile>

At the end of the day, all UVs are trucks....problem is we are not much exposed to such trucks in India. Once this happens, many will automatically turn away from UVs.
All UVs are trucks..man you can offend UV lovers like anything[lol].

But don't forget there is one UV which is exception to this rule and yes its THE X-OVER=TATA ARIA.[;)]

All UVs are trucks..man you can offend UV lovers like anything[lol].

But don't forget there is one UV which is exception to this rule and yes its THE X-OVER=TATA ARIA.[;)]
It wont buddy.

UV owners love driving these "so called" trucks. [evil]

I voted for the pajero sports. Cause I saw I yesterday and it looks better in flesh than in pics.
IMO Look wise pajero sport is more butch looking than a fortuner, (Fortuner lovers pls pardon me). Interior quality is far better than a fortuner.
Ride quality ???? I don't know.Experts please throw some light here.....

It wont buddy.

UV owners love driving these "so called" trucks.
+1. And anticipating this from raj in anycase. [;)]
When I spoke with some drivers of Volvo bus, some replied, that they still prefer Tata or AL. Asked why ? They say, Volvo is too smooth for their comfort. [lol]
Same is case with these "truckers", they hate comfort, ride quality.....all they think about is a stone or ditch on road. ;)

I have voted for Fortuner considering the practicality of ownership in our country, i wouldn't want to put my money on a company whose future is very uncertain.

Top Bottom