City Hatch as an Alternative to Scorpio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the best part of punto as everybody gossip around is high speed handelling and stability.
and how is it on road competitively?

one is going at 100-120 in highways suddenly an animal or pot holes appears !!! if it is punto though it wont give that huge thud or sudden shock to the cabin with pothole, but the brilliantly balanced chassis give a far greater chance to maneuver or avoid such sudden surprises. where as in other cars in similar situations one may not even dare to do so .

what i mean is punto is well controllable and predictable credit goes to least body roll precision steering and well balanced design.

but all this give rise to small turning radius, less spaciousness and steering vibration aka feedback which most people wont appreciate.
finally it remains an exclusive car for some special breed of humans.

Last edited:
The biggest advantage of the Punto over it's competitors is during an accident. You are most likely to walk out alive in this car. (Based on experiences of some people in an Uno, Palio and most recently, a Linea).

Jayadev , your points are true but Raj is going to be using it only in city most of the times. He has his Scorpio for highway duties. I am not against Punto , infact i love Punto! But the fact is there in nothing wrong in choosing i20 for city drives.

@ Raj I too love that feature buddy! Me and my friend show-off that feature in his i20 lots of times in crowded parking areas!:tongue:

dhaya ,
one question would you prefer to exchange your hyundai verna for i20 anyday?--just curious!!

dont misunderstand. i am not being in favor of punto or fiat .

but just passing on info as i already own one .the reason maybe i feel consciously , punto being somewhat underated car.
even i did not knew anything about it before buying. all said dont even look at fiat. but when i had a td it was only punto could make me feel happy to my taste.

i have already stated for urban uses and those modern ergonomic appeals i20 is right choice.

raj has to decide , after having test drive.

Well actually no! i20 is not as powerful as my Verna! I give preference to performance more than features!

And hey even i am not against Fiat or Punto. Punto is an excellent package but again just wanted to say since its going to be just a city car going with i20 is not a mistake.

Thread Starter #36
Today, I was supposed to TD the i20, but dint get time. So i guess that will happen tomorrow.

Day after tomorrow, we will be booking the car, whether i20 or punto, that has to be decided!

Points favouring punto:
1) shorter waiting period
2) cheaper to buy
3) looks great
4) nice ride & handling
5) sturdy & tough build
6) cheaper than i20

Points favouring i20:
1) better interiors
2) more legroom in rear seat
3) better performance
4) Hyundai reliability
5) Hyundai A.S.S.

So its a win win situation in both cases. This time, I want to try out something different. I dont want to go with the general crowd, I mean, i dont want a car which every other person has, I want something exclusive (comparatively!). The punto, to me, is more exclusive than the i20. Also, i like the mature & sturdy styling of punto as compared to the curvy & flowy i20's styling. not that i dont like the i20...

I will take a TD tomorrow & decide whether i really want to spend that extra money on the i20 over the punto...

Yeah punto wins over a i20 .
sporty! the thing i like in punto.
proven , efficient engine , From my point of view , i can get spares easily and so easy for me to maintain

Only thing , is there is no lot of option for lloy wheels as it comes as 98pcd and there are lot of 100 pcd in market and top of that that is being fixed in punto using a taiwan made nuts - making a stress on them and life in danger , though no so report have arrived in any punto that have crossed 60 to 1L kms

2 din cannot be placed in.

Apart from minor of these , its a superb car

Day after tomorrow, we will be booking the car, whether i20 or punto, that has to be decided!
So quick, thats great. Waiting for your final decision.

So its a win win situation in both cases.
Exactly, just take whatever your heart says. You won't regret in any of them.

ilango[speed thirst];62907 said:
top of that that is being fixed in punto using a taiwan made nuts - making a stress on them and life in danger , though no so report have arrived in any punto that have crossed 60 to 1L kms
Ilango, can you please explain a bit more.
I know the Punto's OE Alloys are made in Brazil.

And some people have already crossed 60+K KM.

Alloy options for punto is less
punto has 98 pcd
while many cars like swift/lancer/baleno/ city have 100 pcd .
so lot of designs in 100 pcd.

seller fix the 100 pcd one is 98 pcd with some strong nut.
though some ounto having them and crossed a odo reading of 70000kms some 1L kms. all are fine and no issues.
though i feel unsafe - dont know why

ilango[speed thirst];62914 said:
seller fix the 100 pcd one is 98 pcd with some strong nut.
though some ounto having them and crossed a odo reading of 70000kms some 1L kms. all are fine and no issues.
though i feel unsafe - dont know why
Oh ok, actually even i agree, no one should put anything other than 98PCD, thats why I bought OE alloy[:)].

ilango , does that two mm difference could be so much scary to feel unsafe?
an auto enthusiast like you cannot feel unsafe with a single millimeter difference in such a trivial issue .i agree 1 mm difference in wheel alignment can be a big deal.

the 98-100 pcd difference happened only due to imperial and metric system convertions and such things. there is no issues or no concerns need to be raised for that one millimeter difference on either side of wheels.

yes one may feel the hard blow when 98pcd alloys of his wish are hard to find.

ps:- people sometimes travel 1000's of kilometer with two lugs being bolted on the wheel. i have often seen one lug missing even in four lugs wheels.

ilango , does that two mm difference could be so much scary to feel unsafe?
an auto enthusiast like you cannot feel unsafe with a single millimeter difference in such a trivial issue .i agree 1 mm difference in wheel alignment can be a big deal.

the 98-100 pcd difference happened only due to imperial and metric system convertions and such things. there is no issues or no concerns need to be raised for that one millimeter difference on either side of wheels.

yes one may feel the hard blow when 98pcd alloys of his wish are hard to find.

ps:- people sometimes travel 1000's of kilometer with two lugs being bolted on the wheel. i have often seen one lug missing even in four lugs wheels.
That is what i say , i have seen punto with 1L kms on odo on 100 pcd wheel.
their alignment and tyre wear are perfect - meaning everything is perfect.

Some how my brain cant accept it.

Jayadev , your points are true but Raj is going to be using it only in city most of the times. He has his Scorpio for highway duties. I am not against Punto , infact i love Punto! But the fact is there in nothing wrong in choosing i20 for city drives.

@ Raj I too love that feature buddy! Me and my friend show-off that feature in his i20 lots of times in crowded parking areas!:tongue:
The Biggest Disadvantage for FIAT and PUNTO as well is their marketing strategy

December month sales of Ambassador is bigger than the total[surprise] sales done by FIAT

December sales
Ambassador : 450 [thumbsup]

Fiat
Linea : 189
Punto : 62
Palio : 23
500 : 1

Seems its time for FIAT to break their tie-up with TATA

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom