Chill Ford Figo 1.4 Titanium

Thread Starter #31
Jammy, do Figo have any heat shield inside bonnet? Punto has one.
Yes, it does have. The heat shield is on the inside of the bonnet and was mentioned as unique since no other car had it.
I know now that it is not. [:)] But yes, it does help in shielding the heat to a great extent.

RSM, one more thing about diesel car maintenence. I heard that a diesel car should be revved at 3000 RPM for around 30secs to clear the exhaust so that it is kept clear. Have you tried doing this anytime?

RSM, one more thing about diesel car maintenence. I heard that a diesel car should be revved at 3000 RPM for around 30secs to clear the exhaust so that it is kept clear. Have you tried doing this anytime?
This is not mentioned in Punto's manual and I have not come across this suggestion anywhere. But i know its mentioned in Figo's manual, so you should try to follow that.

Thread Starter #33
Hmmm, Interesting that Punto does not need it. Punto scores more points in this area.
Anyway, Thanks for that information.

May be only ford cars have this issue and hence need this kind of maintenence.

AFAIK most of the new cars have the heat shield now! But yes they are very useful , the top of the bonnet never gets heated up only the sides gets heated up after a good drive.

Regarding the revving i have never heard of such a thing before! Its not mentioned in my manual too! Is it mentioned in your manual?? But i don think modern diesel cars need such things to be done!

Thread Starter #36
On Saturday, had my first highway drive in my Figo. Drove to Devanahalli (ahead of the Bangalore International Airport). It was a joy to drive this car on the highway. It was fully loaded with 5 adults and still it just pulls awesomely. No Turbo lag what so ever.
Kept the speed at bay, around 80, and to this, I used a very very light throttle. Very impressed with the pickup and pull.

Total time in car for one way was around 2 hours but I just did not feel any fatigue or stress. When was back at home, I had driven for a total of around 4 hours to and fro but that never showed up in any means. To add to this, out of the 2 hours, 1 hour was inside Bangalore in traffic.

I say this because have heard people complaining of back pain after driving for half an hour. I guess, you need to find that sweet spot in seat adjustments and driving positions and this applies to any car.

BTW, did a Tank full and using the trip meter, the FE calculations comes to
514 Kms / 37.5L = 13.7 Kmpl. This is under 100% city driving conditions with horrible traffic. Also to be noted is that the FE figures was around 12 + initially. So looks like the mileage is gradually improving. Anyway, I am happy even if it finally settles to 15 which I presume it will after first service and some running.

Last edited:
Nice to see your Figo is delivering to your expectation.
The 15 KMPL mileage is good, in city condition, and i believe you will get approximately similar figure.

Thread Starter #39
Nice to see your Figo is delivering to your expectation.
The 15 KMPL mileage is good, in city condition, and i believe you will get approximately similar figure.
That would be great if it happens. But no issues even if does not.[:)]

Hey 13.7kmpl at full traffic is not bad at all! And nice to know that the car is really comfortable.
Just when we compare it to other diesel cars, it might show up to be less but not complaining. The car is definitely a joy to drive.

AFAIK most of the new cars have the heat shield now! But yes they are very useful , the top of the bonnet never gets heated up only the sides gets heated up after a good drive.

Regarding the revving i have never heard of such a thing before! Its not mentioned in my manual too! Is it mentioned in your manual?? But i don think modern diesel cars need such things to be done!
This is basically to keep the exhaust clean. I have seen this being mentioned somewhere. Need to check the manual. But I guess, if we stick to one supplier and one fuel station (as far as possible), the systems will need lesser maintenance.

Hey

Just when we compare it to other diesel cars, it might show up to be less but not complaining. The car is definitely a joy to drive.

This is basically to keep the exhaust clean. I have seen this being mentioned somewhere. Need to check the manual. But I guess, if we stick to one supplier and one fuel station (as far as possible), the systems will need lesser maintenance.
Which cars are you comparing here?? But am sure it will increase for you as your car runs more!

But all diesels emit black smoke under hard acceleration , i checked with my Hyundai dealer about the black smoke and he said that the exhausts from my car are perfectly normal till now even though i don take any measures like which you have mentioned. But i feel its always good to fill fuel at a same place always , i always follow this for all my rides. And also black smoke comes from the exhausts if the engine oils are due for a change.

Thread Starter #41
Which cars are you comparing here?? But am sure it will increase for you as your car runs more!
I know RSM's Punto gives around 17 and i20 diesel also gives around the same range. The problem for Figo "Titanium" is the higher weight and a 150cc AC compressor.

But all diesels emit black smoke under hard acceleration , i checked with my Hyundai dealer about the black smoke and he said that the exhausts from my car are perfectly normal till now even though i don take any measures like which you have mentioned. But i feel its always good to fill fuel at a same place always , i always follow this for all my rides. And also black smoke comes from the exhausts if the engine oils are due for a change.
Not that I saw any black smoke from my car but I wanted to follow the revving just as part of a maintenance job. I too have seen black smoke from a few Verna cars, Fiesta and no need to mention the Tata cars.

Well then maybe you should be happy if you get something around 15kmpl in city i guess.

Maybe as the car is new black smoke is not emitted for now i guess but maybe if you follow that maintenance procedure the carbon deposits in the exhausts will be less i believe!

350Z

Core Team
I noticed that my neighbor's Figo doesn't have the variant name badge. Doesn't it comes only in lower versions of Figo? Because I can see that Jammy's car has the "Titanium" Badge on rear bottom left.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #45
I noticed that my neighbor's Figo doesn't have the variant name badge. Doesn't it comes only in lower versions of Figo? Because I can see that Jammy's car has the "Titanium" Badge on rear bottom left.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Actually, the variant badge comes only with Titanium. Other variants do not have anything put up. So its actually a guesswork to tell whether a model is LXI/VXI/ZXI!
Difference between Petrol and Diesel is the extra TDCi badge below the Figo name.

Well then maybe you should be happy if you get something around 15kmpl in city i guess.

Maybe as the car is new black smoke is not emitted for now i guess but maybe if you follow that maintenance procedure the carbon deposits in the exhausts will be less i believe!
Agree with you. It is theoritically easy to do but in practice, it is a bit tough. I try to Revv it in idle condition and the sound it generates is a bit loud. All the time we feel the car is under stress. [:)]

Last edited:

Top Bottom