Chill Ford Figo 1.4 Titanium

Thread Starter #16
Do Figo Diesel manual say to keep the speed in limit or anything mentioned about run-in period?
Because in Punto's manual, Fiat has not mentioned anywhere about this and i think modern diesel engine doesn't need any run-in.
Well, the manual does say a few things about Run in period.

1. Not to strain the engine too much.
2. Change up and down (when appropriate) the gears quickly. This probably means not to continue the car unnecessarily in a single gear. Like some people have the habit of changing the gear near to 3000 RPM.
3. Upto 500 kms, not to drive hard from a tyre point of view.
4. Upto 1500 Kms, not to strain the engine.

BUT, nowhere is it mentioned that we should maintain the RPM around the 2000 mark till first service. Though, lot of people say this, the manual does not. One more thing people follow is changing the gears around 2000 RPM.
Me, being a petrol head before, used to change the gears when I felt appropriate. Checked by doing the same with my Diesel figo and it happens to be around 1500 - 2000 RPM. Turbo best avoided in the Run in period.

Now Figo is coming with goodyear tyres and MRF only. First batch was of appollo.
Oh, so they have terminated their contract with Apollo (?)
That is a healthy move from a customer satisfaction point of view. Just shows that they are taking their business seriously now. [;)]

With the Automobile industry struggling in the US and Europe, they do feel the need to estabilish themselves in multiple countries. [thinking]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well yeah there are many theories about the run-in period but i prefer to be on the safer side and not rev the engine too hard in its early days!

Yeah i also prefer shifting around 1500-2000RPM , but when does your Turbo kicks in your Figo?? For my Verna its around 1700-1800RPM!

350Z

Core Team
Great pictures and clean review Jammy. I always thought that this car looks ordinary in silver color like a few others, but after personally checking one in actual, I found the Figo to be much bigger and charming than my expectations. I really like the car for the price it is being offered and should undoubtedly prove to be a perfect first hatchback. Congratulations once again on your buy and enjoy the little new Ford, We'll look forward for more pics and time to time updates about your car. :smile:

DSC01228.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #19
Well yeah there are many theories about the run-in period but i prefer to be on the safer side and not rev the engine too hard in its early days!

Yeah i also prefer shifting around 1500-2000RPM , but when does your Turbo kicks in your Figo?? For my Verna its around 1700-1800RPM!
Kind of partial Turbo kicks in around 1400 RPM and really takes off around 2000 RPM. I up shift around 1800 mark and try to avoid the Turbo kicking in. But, you know, some times we need to use it and believe me, it is very hand at that time. Yes, I am talking about overtaking slow moving blocking deaf vehicles. [:)]

Great pictures and clean review Jammy. I always thought that this car looks ordinary in silver color like a few others, but after personally checking one in actual, I found the Figo to be much bigger and charming than my expectations. I really like the car for the price it is being offered and should undoubtedly prove to be a perfect first hatchback. Congratulations once again on your buy and enjoy the little new Ford, We'll look forward for more pics and time to time updates about your car.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks Vibhor!! I have decided to follow RSM in providing my car updates. [:)]
True, I too felt it was VFM even if I am paying more than what I had thought of (6.4L v/s 5.8L budget). I always liked to buy a kind of bigger car but fitting it in the Bangalore roads is not to my liking. Figo is a big car but gives the feel of a small car maybe because it is a hatch back. I like hatchbacks and to prove that point all the cars that I have owned till date are hatchbacks.

I am just hoping that the FE increases which I am sure will over the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jammy, how much FE are you getting? And when is your 1st service due?

OT - You can use "Mult Quote" (MQ Button) option for quoting more than one post, this will avoid "-----------Next Post-----------" entry.

Thread Starter #21
Jammy, how much FE are you getting? And when is your 1st service due?

OT - You can use "Mult Quote" (MQ Button) option for quoting more than one post, this will avoid "-----------Next Post-----------" entry.
Hey RSM, Thanks for that tip. I was wondering how to avoid that line from appearing.

About the FE, I am getting around 14 (at the best) and have just completed 1000 Kms. First service is due at 2500 Kms or 3 months and its been almost 1 month now.

I know your Punto gives around 17 kmpl but was it so much from the begining?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #23
Completed 1000 Kms in my Figo yesterday! It is around 3 weeks since I bought the beauty.

The engine does seem to have eased out a little bit and seems to be smoother. No other complaints as such at this stage, touch wood.

The DTE that was being shown as 550 in my first fill up is not increased to 580. This could be more to the onboard microcontroller making its adjustments based on my driving (?)

I know your Punto gives around 17 kmpl but was it so much from the begining?
Yes, i am getting ~16-18 kmpl from start. Now also i get similar in city, depending on AC and traffic condition.
I drive from BTM to Hebbal, 23 KM daily. So half of the traffic is horrible, half is good.

Thread Starter #25
Nope, no plans of going for any seat covers as of now. The OE ones are quite good. Something that I might be interested are pillows for lower back and nect, but just may be. [:)].
Steering cover might be tough for a Figo due to its design. The wheel part is actually not consistent through out but instead there are bulges here and there for resting your wrists when holding the steering.

Till now, have not found the necessity to changin/add anything to the car. For me, it feels to be well equipped with the necessary components. I mean like wider tires or alloys might be a necessity for cars like Chevy Beat.
-----------Next Post-----------
Yes, i am getting ~16-18 kmpl from start. Now also i get similar in city, depending on AC and traffic condition.
I drive from BTM to Hebbal, 23 KM daily. So half of the traffic is horrible, half is good.
That is really wonderful. I drive from J P Nagar 8th Phase to Indiranagar to Kormangala which is also around 25 Kms. The same route traced back in the evening. Currently, 20 percent of the route is OK, otherwise it is just horrible. Thanks to the Metro work + BWSSB + KPTCL, one or the other road is not usable so the traffic is diverted to a common road which by the way is unfit to be used. Since it is helpless situation, have to just carry on.

Hebbal! Is your office in Manyata?

BTW, as you can see, I don't seem to have got the method of using MQ.
How to use it suppose:
1. I have to post a new post.
2. Reply to couple of existing posts.

Can these be made to appear as different posts and not using the "Next post" line?

Last edited:
That is really wonderful. I drive from J P Nagar 8th Phase to Indiranagar to Kormangala which is also around 25 Kms. The same route traced back in the evening. Currently, 20 percent of the route is OK, otherwise it is just horrible. Thanks to the Metro work + BWSSB + KPTCL, one or the other road is not usable so the traffic is diverted to a common road which by the way is unfit to be used. Since it is helpless situation, have to just carry on.
This could be a reason for less FE. Nobody can help.[frustration]

Hebbal! Is your office in Manyata?
Yes.

BTW, as you can see, I don't seem to have got the method of using MQ.
How to use it suppose:
1. I have to post a new post.
2. Reply to couple of existing posts.

Can these be made to appear as different posts and not using the "Next post" line?
See if you want to quote couple of existing posts, just click MQ button (it will change its colour) then click Post Reply button. Anything replied with 15 mins. will appear in same post.

Hey considering the traffic condition and road condition i think the FE which you are getting is good!

And regarding the steering wheel cover even Punto's steering wheel has the bulges which you have mentioned but RSM managed to fit one , maybe you can also do it!

Thread Starter #28
Completed 1000 Kms in my Figo yesterday! It is around 3 weeks since I bought the beauty.

The engine does seem to have eased out a little bit and seems to be smoother. No other complaints as such at this stage, touch wood.

The DTE that was being shown as 550 in my first fill up is not increased to 580. This could be more to the onboard microcontroller making its adjustments based on my driving (?)
Typo: Please read it as 550 is now increased to 580.

@RSM, could you please post a snap of your steering wheel with the cover? Would really appreciate it.

@Cooldhaya - I was expecting a little better than what I am getting but no issue. Will wait till the first service and am sure that the FE will increase and if it goes up by even 2 or 3 Kmpl, I am more than happy with that.

Thread Starter #29
One more observation with respect to the engine. The first few days, the engine bay used to be hot for small distances. But off late, it gets barely warm even for long rides. By long rides I mean 25 Kms, majority in traffic.
Just thought of mentioning it.

Looking at the rate I am running my car, my first service might be due well before it finishes the second month. [:)]. I still remember that I had taken more than a year to complete this distance in my previous Santro. [:D]

Top Bottom