Chill Ford Figo 1.4 Titanium

Thread Starter #77
Had been to the service center last weekend. Was attended to promptly and the same service representative took the car, elevated it to have a look under the car.

As suspected, the drain was not tightened properly. A mechanic just did that ensuring it is not overtight as it is not recomended. That took care of the oil leak.
As per the noise, the SR just tightened the spare wheel in the boot and it seems to have taken care of the noise since I don't hear it anymore.

It was a busy saturday for the service guys but he still accomodated my car too and had it rectified. Appreciable service from Lathangi.

350Z

Core Team
I'm glad that both the issues were minor and have been resolved quickly. The new tints on your Figo are looking really good and installation seems to be perfect.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #79
Thanks 350Z! I too was impressed with the installation. After the 3M guy had finished his work, the shop owner sent another guy to cross check the installation. That guy did a through inspection and ensured the teeny tiny finishing issues were also taken care of.
For any car accessory related stuff, I now know where to go. [:)]

Last edited:
Great car Ford figo

Ford figo is overall a great car with all the great features in it, i had reviewed figo with Chevy Beat and Maruti Wagon R (new) in all indeed figo gets off in milage and its cost. For looks beat is good but overall figo is great also the diesel version.

Last edited:
Glad to know they have managed to resolve the issues you have mentioned with such kind of service Ford can go a long way from here!

Thread Starter #84
Ford figo is overall a great car with all the great features in it, i had reviewed figo with Chevy Beat and Maruti Wagon R (new) in all indeed figo gets off in milage and its cost. For looks beat is good but overall figo is great also the diesel version.
Hi Steve, Welcome to TAI and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Yes, Figo is a great car and I am relishing every bit of it. It has its own pros and cons just like any other car but the cons in this case were manageable (atleast for me).

BTW, Figo is no way competition to Beat or WagonR since they are B segment cars and Figo is B+ segment (premium hatch). It is a competition to Ritz, Swift, Vista, etc.

Glad to know they have managed to resolve the issues you have mentioned with such kind of service Ford can go a long way from here!
I really hope they do since I have to stay with them for some time. [;)]
But seriously, till now, the experience has been very promising.

Last edited:
Hey Jammy! I really need your help on a couple of issues here. We're planning to get a 1.2 EXi Petrol Figo soon but I read some ownership reports on other forums and came to know about the Figo's poor ground clearance when it is fully loaded as well as the issue with the Figo's insubstantial bumpers (which many people say are downright useless and in case of a shunt, will cause huge damage to the radiator and the condenser) I'd like to have your opinion on this, because these are two big deterrents in what is otherwise a complete package for our family. Your help will prove to be invaluable here.

Thread Starter #86
Hey Jammy! I really need your help on a couple of issues here. We're planning to get a 1.2 EXi Petrol Figo soon but I read some ownership reports on other forums and came to know about the Figo's poor ground clearance when it is fully loaded as well as the issue with the Figo's insubstantial bumpers (which many people say are downright useless and in case of a shunt, will cause huge damage to the radiator and the condenser) I'd like to have your opinion on this, because these are two big deterrents in what is otherwise a complete package for our family. Your help will prove to be invaluable here.
Regarding the ground clearance, yes, the clearance is on the lower side. It means that when you take on humps, you need to go real slow. This should not be a point of concern since I have see lot of non Figo cars go slower than me over humps. Some of these were big luxury cars.

I have experienced the scrapping only on humps which are abnormally high or there is kind of pit either before or after the hump.

Regarding the bumpers, it is true that they are not the strongest but they should hold on reasonably in case of a shunt. Shunt can be of variable magnitude and there is no saying what can a shunt to do any car!

Obviously, no one can say that other cars will be fine after a shunt, can they? as nobody can tell the intensity of a shunt before it happens.

I suggest you not to base your decision on these points. Instead look at the other more significant features like handling, suspension, engine, comfort, FE, etc. I am sure you would have looked at these things.

Thread Starter #87
Guys, found one more reason for the dabbing sound I was getting from the back of the car. The tyre, that had the puncher, was inflated to 50 psi. I guess, the service guys thought that the car will move around fully loaded and over filled it.
I get the air checked (routine) and discovered that it was over inflated, at least for two people. Got it back to 30 psi and the sounds seemed to have disappeared.

I also wanted to mention about another product I have used on couple of cars, a scratch remover. Will post it in a separate thread.

50psi is too much. Who the heck has done that?

Keep checking the tyre pressure at correct place as so many petrol bunk's meter is not correct.

AMG

Suspended
The tyre, that had the puncher, was inflated to 50 psi. I guess, the service guys thought that the car will move around fully loaded and over filled it.
You mean a puncture, dont you?
Anyways, wasnt the handling of the car affected with one tyre over-inflated?
And the service guys must be really stupid to fill inflate it to such a high level.

Thread Starter #90
You mean a puncture, dont you?
Anyways, wasnt the handling of the car affected with one tyre over-inflated?
And the service guys must be really stupid to fill inflate it to such a high level.
Ya, I meant puncture, it was pun intended. [:D].

Surprisingly the handling was not at all affected. It could be that they were testing the puncture fix and might have over inflated and kept for some time to see if the bonding is fine. They might have forgotten to deflate it later.

50psi is too much. Who the heck has done that?

Keep checking the tyre pressure at correct place as so many petrol bunk's meter is not correct.
It was actually done by the service guys or the place where they got the puncture fixed. I get the tyre pressure checked every 10 days when I visit for fuel topup. My usual place is the HP petrol station on ring road between J P Nagar 5th Phase and 3rd Phase.

Last edited:

Top Bottom