Chevy testing Cruze on roads,Now Launched!

350Z

Core Team
@Zinam,
I said its available on few "selected" showrooms.
You can call other dealers to know whether it has reached to them.

Read this :

General Motors is on its come back with a range of new cars. Up next is the new Chevrolet Cruze which will be officially launched in the Indian market on the 12th of October. The Cruze will intially be available with a diesel powerplant which is a straight lift from elder brother Captiva. The engine is one powerful unit with 150bhp of power on tap and a mind blowing 330NM of torque. All this will make the Cruze the fastest car in the segment by a long shot. A 1.8L 140bhp petrol mill will follow later. The car will be available in both manual and automatic transmission options and will be priced between Rs. 12-14 lakhs.

The Cruze will be positioned against the likes of more popular cars like the Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla Altis. However the Cruze’ USP will be its pricing and features. The car will have a never before seen feature in this segment like button start. All you need to have is the key in your pocked and the car will start with the touch of button. This will make you feel like James Bond and even if it doesn’t there are still lots of new features in the Cruze to keep you excited.
Source:Motorbeam

Drive Safe!
350Z

350Z

Core Team
I'm just coming from GM's Showroom, The dealer didn't had the Cruze with them and he told me the launch date to be 6th October 2009.
The soft launch of car has been already happened in Goa.

Drive Safe!
350Z

The launch of the Cruze is slated for the 12th of October.It is coming with a manual transmission in a diesel avtaar,the automatic diesel comes at the expo and soon after that comes the petrol engine for the Cruze.
I took a drive in the car just 2 days back-I was floored!
I have a slight idea of the pricing and believe me its going to shake up the segment with that kind of a pricing!
The sneek preview starts next week on the tv.Just wait and watch!
The drive along with the pics-coming soon.
GM has a winner in their hands!

This is expected of the Cruze. The diesel version will shake up the segment as it is perfectly suited for all uses. But I think interior quality could have been better. Otherwise, its got everything. GM will now become a head-turner in the market and it has finally understood what the Indians want.

350Z

Core Team
Saw a teaser Advertisement of Cruze Yesterday.

Also, Those who haven't yet checked the Exclusive Cruze review by siddhant, Check it out :here:.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Are you guys saying that the diesel version of Cruze is expected on the 12th of October?

Cheers,
Vroom

@vroom-yes the diesel with a 5 speed manual is being launched on the 12th of october.The automatic will come at the auto expo I suppose and the 1.8 petrol by summer 2010.
----------Next Post------------
@dcargod-look even I felt that the interior quality was not up to the mark as compared to the jetta and the laura,but just wait and watch for the pricing-just wait!!You wont bother about the plastic quality!

Last edited:
If the price is significantly cheaper than Jetta and Laura, then plastic quality won't be much of an issue. In fact, the Jetta and Laura will start having sleepless nights once this baby arrives.

Cruze is only few days left for the launch. Monday the 12th, October 2009 the D day for Cheverlot (GM)

Cruze is launching on 12th October. I have already booked cruze LTZ. May be by Diwali I will get the delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, one of Big Boss season 3 inmates will get a Chevy Cruze sometime next week [:)]. I hope they show the car closely then he he..

Cheers,
Vroom

Cruze is only few days left for the launch. Monday the 12th, October 2009 the D day for Cheverlot (GM)

Cruze is launching on 12th October. I have already booked cruze LTZ. May be by Diwali I will get the delivery.
Welcome to TAI & have a great stay!

Oh! thats great news!

Congratz on your awesome pick [clap]

We are waiting for your First drive report & pics!

This is pretty quick!!
Booking before launch[thumbsup]
Enjoy and share the experience.

Top Bottom