Chevrolet Sail LS ABS TCDi Ownership Review

Thread Starter #31
Thanks torq. I m now looking to buy this car the 2014 version. How r u doing now. Any other problem and what's the FE you r getting now?
Have you bought the SAIL? If yes, would like to know about your experience with the car.

I am getting 12.5 kmpl in city with 40-50% AC use, during winter time i got 13.5-14 kmpl as AC usage was almost nil. Highway mileage hovers around 15-16 mostly with AC. (Mine is Petrol)
Appologies for replying so late.
I have got Diesel variant and has clocked 46500 KM till date. I am getting a consistent fuel economy of around 20 KMPL. This increases when i fuel in at a COCO fuel outlets. It is a wonderful vehicle, but i believe that the quality of fuel & air filters are not very good, they dont last more than 7500 KMs, after 7500 KM the efficiency decreases and one can feel it easily.

Also till date following items have been replaced under warranty:
1. Some vacuum hose for the turbo ( MRP 750)
2. AC On off Knob ( Complete assembly) (MRP approx 4800)
3. Fuel Filter assembly ( Complete assembly with sensor) (MRP approx 2800)
4. Window Glass Rubber (all four) ( Dont remember the cost)
5. Front Windshield Cowel ( Dont remember the cost)

Thread Starter #32
---UPDATE--
I am still driving this car even though the manufacturer has abandoned us. Till date I have clocked 1.53 Lac KM on it and it still drives like a charm. Apart from normal service here are the few things where I had to spend a little bit:
1. Front Suspension Overhaul.3
2. EGR Valve cleaning.
This was cleaned as the glow plug light on the dashboard was not turning off and the code coming was P0299 i.e. engine under boost. During this, the engine was sluggish and it drove as if there is no turbo,
3. Inter cooler Hose ( Total times it has been replaced - 4 Nos)
4. Glow Plug (1 Nos)
5. Rotors ( it was changed at 1.1 lac KM as during hard braking the car would run towards left and the thickness of the rotors had also questionable)

Is there anybody in this group still using this car?

Top Bottom