Chevrolet Promise Cashless Ownership Offer

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

Before I start, Mods, I do not know where to start this post. If this is not right place pls move it to the respective thread.

I have got Spark LPG LS 2010 model in 2011 with CPCO Offer.

First, I would like to know how I am going to use it. What is the difference between the free service coupons provided?

Two, VIN no/date mentioned in the offer book is Oct 2010 [ am not sure about the month ]. How I can effectively use it. For example, it says some service with in 6 months or 5000 Km whichever is earlier. In this situation if i go by month it is expired. if i go by KM i can use it. But am not sure.

It looks like to me that I can use from 3rd coupon or something from that offer.

Re: Chevrolet Spark- Chevrolet Promise Cashless Ownership offer [CPCO or COO]

The km/month concept in the service book will look for the value in kms or the month whichever falls earlier. It is mainly based on your usage. If you have not driven 5000 kms in 6 months, go for the free service using the coupon and let the service engineer know that there is no need to change oil. you can still avail the free water wash (if required) and lubrication of required parts.

Also report any noise if there is and get them addressed. Such intermediate check ups will help you keep the car in good health and avail the manufacturer warranty for any faulty parts easily.

Hi,

Yes you should go by the schedule. I also bought Spark LTO on October 2011 and even after 6 months it had been driven only 400 kms, but I still got the services done as per schedule.

Keep the warranty intact and car healthy. Though how much mileage are you getting from your spark ?

Thanks.

Thread Starter #4

Hi,

Yes you should go by the schedule. I also bought Spark LTO on October 2011 and even after 6 months it had been driven only 400 kms, but I still got the services done as per schedule.

Keep the warranty intact and car healthy. Though how much mileage are you getting from your spark ?

Thanks.
Mine is LS LPG. Iam getting 10 in petrol and 9 in LPG in the city limits. 15 in petrol and 12 in LPG in highways. I am disappointed in this area only. Myself and my family truely enjoy the car very much.

Anyway some of my friends are telling me that it will be good only after 7 or 8k in ODA. now it is 5.5k. let me wait and see.

Mine is LS LPG. Iam getting 10 in petrol and 9 in LPG in the city limits. 15 in petrol and 12 in LPG in highways. I am disappointed in this area only. Myself and my family truely enjoy the car very much.

Anyway some of my friends are telling me that it will be good only after 7 or 8k in ODA. now it is 5.5k. let me wait and see.
Hi,

I myself am disappointed [frustration] by the mileage of Spark. I had very high hopes from it. I am also on the same ODO mark as you. Lets see if you're friends are true about the 7-8k good mileage thing.

Good luck! [thumbsup]

Re: Help on Chevrolet Promise Cashless Ownership Offer

On the Cashless Ownership offer, stick to the 6 month schedule, irrespective of the kms travelled. Also please remember that 3 years is counted from the date of registration of the car and not from the day that it was delivered.

I missed this and had to pay for the last service (at the end of 3 years).

With respect to mileage, Spark has traditionally low mileage when compared to competition. However handling and initial acceleration from the 995 cc engine is something that you (or any driver) will come to cherish.

Thread Starter #7

On the Cashless Ownership offer, stick to the 6 month schedule, irrespective of the kms travelled. Also please remember that 3 years is counted from the date of registration of the car and not from the day that it was delivered.
oops. Thats news to me. Actually my vehcile is 2010 model which I got in 2011. they have told me I can use that only for two years [ I Got CPCO for free ] Can i fight with them?

I missed this and had to pay for the last service (at the end of 3 years).

I really do not know how I can utilize it. Cos I got one free service at 1000 KM which was within 1 month from the purchase. and 2nd free service at 4500KM when it was 6 months from the date of purchase. I think my next free service will be at 10000km or [ do not know the period limit]. In this situation I think I can utilise CPCO offer. But what and all can be done using the offer. If you can help me it will be great.

With respect to mileage, Spark has traditionally low mileage when compared to competition. However handling and initial acceleration from the 995 cc engine is something that you (or any driver) will come to cherish
Yes. As you said 995 CC is good and nice very good. As I had mentioned in one my previous post, I [ We entire Family] love this car in every aspect. Soundless, smooth engine, fair pick up, fantastic AC etc except few other issues like FE, boot space [ Mine is LPG so around 30% to 40% of the boot space is occupied by additional wheel.

Anyway, Iam going to service center by next week for another fine tuning. Let me see how it is improving.

Get the rain guard/wind deflector for Spark (not from ASS). With ban on sunfilms, this provides partial protection and useful in monsoon too.

Fight ....probably not. You will get 4 free services in the two years (after every six months). Utilize them fully. Also you can visit them anytime you feel there is a problem with the car. Any problem that is not related to mis-use or abuse or accident, you can have checked and rectified for free. Also since its a 2010 model, please see that the engine oil has been changed according to the cycle laid down in the service book. Keep the service book updated (with stamp). Check the brakes and suspensions. Chevy had some batches of Spark in 2009/2010 with some suspension issues and them replaced free of cost. Check on the internet and see if yours is from that batch.

Service center will try to sell you additional offerings, most of them would be worthless. Don't go for 3M engine treatment, however since you live in Chennai, I would suggest you take the 3M under body coating treatment. It would be additional but worth it.

Get the rain guard/wind deflector for Spark (not from ASS). With ban on sunfilms, this provides partial protection and useful in monsoon too.

One question.. how does the Spark behave in LPG when compared to Petrol?
How is the pick-up and mileage ?

Thread Starter #13

One question.. how does the Spark behave in LPG when compared to Petrol?
How is the pick-up and mileage ?
Pickup
Pickup is little bit less while comparing with Petrol but not noticable. I used to over take on highways without any problem in LPG.

FE
In general FE is not that good [ atleast for my vehicle]. In city driving I get 9 - 10 in LPG and 11-12 in Petrol. In higways I get 12 in LPG and 15 in Petrol. My friends [ who suggested spark ] telling me that I get more FE only after crossing 8k in ODO. Its just 5.9k in ODO now. So I have to wait. Meantime I had a discussion with chevvy sales person last week about this. He asked me to take the vehicle to service center and meet specific person. Iam planning to meet him next monday. Will update later.

Other Features related to LPG
When the vehicle is in LPG mode, if I switch off and restart the vehicle it automatically switches to petrol mode and after some time it comes back to LPG mode which was set earlier.

At the same time when the LPG is over, it automatically switches back to petrol mode after a beepsound.

In both ways. Petrol to LPG and LPG to petrol you will never feel the switching. There will not be a jerk or power loss anything.

In both modes the engine runs very smoothly which I love in spark.

Conclussion
Except the FE part, we all love our sparky in every aspect. We are in hope that FE also will get improved.

Chevrolet "Promise" Amounts Updated

At the time of purchase we assure our customers of maintenance cost not exceeding a specified value and offer the option of a one-time subsidized payment to avail free maintenance & service of their car for the next 3 years or 45,000 kilometers ( whichever is earlier). Thereby ensuring lowest possible cost of ownership and maintenance. This offer covers all the periodic maintenance services and running repairs including wear and tear of parts like clutch, brake pads, wipers etc.

Spark (Petrol) Rs. 15,499

Spark (LPG) Rs. 16,499

Beat (Petrol) Rs. 17,999

Beat (LPG) Rs. 18,999

Beat (Diesel) Rs. 19,499

Aveo U-VA Rs. 18,999

Aveo (Petrol Rs. 20,999

Aveo (CNG) Rs. 21,999

Optra Magnum (Petrol) Rs. 24,499

Optra Magnum (Diesel) Rs. 35,999

Cruze Rs. 48,499

Around 1.5k increase in Beat petrol [frustration]