Chevrolet Launches Optra Successor - The Cobalt

Thread Starter #1
After being originally seen in concept form earlier this year at the Buenos Aires Auto Show in June, the North American based automaker Chevrolet has recently presented the 2012 model year of the vehicle in production form, which is expected to go on sale in 40 countries and markets across the globe, from the Middle East and Europe to Africa and South America.

According to Chevrolet, the Cobalt is 4.479 mm long, 1.735 mm wide and 1.514 mm tall, with a wheelbase of 2.620 mm. Its total dimensions place the new compact sedan between the Sonic / Aveo and the Cruze sedan.

Chevy says that the Cobalt can accommodate five adult in a comfortable manner while still offering a boot space of 563 liters. The Cobalt’s interior is similar to the Sonic / Aveo series and the engine options are limited to just two units in Brazil, where the vehicle is being engineered and designed by General Motor’s arm.

The customers of the new Cobalt will have to choose between two engines, a flex-fuel 1.4 liter which is developing 102 horsepower when running on ethanol and 97 HP on gasoline, and a 1.8 liter unit mated to a seven-speed automatic transmission.

The new Chevrolet Cobalt’s pricing starts at R$ 39.980 in Brazil, which is about 23.000 USD.

Will this come ti India?

Source : 2012 Chevrolet Cobalt was launched

Attachments

Re: 2012 Chevrolet Cobalt launched

Ugliest car ever
man they have these in states the 2 door ones they loook alright

350Z

Core Team

I am quite clueless about the happenings at General Motors. How will people digest this design after having a look at better designed cars like Beat? Even the ages old design of Optra appears much advanced than of Cobalt. Let's hope they do not bring it here to kill another wonderful car in Indian market.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I know you guys will jeer at me but I think Chevrolet has gone nuts over the Toyota etios...

I know you guys will jeer at me but I think Chevrolet has gone nuts over the Toyota etios...
Bang on [thumbsup]. At first look, it looked pretty familiar as Etios. Rear end pretty much the same without that heavy chrome strip. Interiors are ok but nothing great from the picture.

Top Bottom