Chevrolet Beat - The Definite Ownership Report

Thread Starter #46
Nobody here shown the patience to explain the service bill.[anger]

What I have seen is that no body is interested in Chevrolet beat petrol in TAI I guess.
reason I am updating the thread is to create awareness and I will try to continue.

BTW,
Our beat's fuel effeciance efficiency have seen an increase[:D]

The beautifully detailed Tail Lamp.
View attachment 48629
Post corrected.

Iam very much interested in this car since it is launched I love it's stance, look and build quality . But don't you think beat dosent give good mileage I have seen people really crying about this what is your take on it ?
I promise you I will read your thread whenever it is updated by you . If something goes wrong with my plans and I don't buy a suv I might buy the beat I love the funky styling of this car a lot .

• Another problem or say an observation after the service is the whistle come from the A/C blower

Can some one explain the service bill?
What is thing with 3 m that they have included , I generally dont go when my car is serviced just wanted to know the oil is mineral ? It seems a little high for me . Btw they have discontinued the moroccon blue colour now [anger]. What kind of mileage are you getting now after the ecu remap ?
Why don't you put roof rails like the lt model on your car I think it will cost you some 3000 rs .

Thread Starter #49
Iam very much interested in this car since it is launched I love it's stance, look and build quality . But don't you think beat dosent give good mileage I have seen people really crying about this what is your take on it ?
I promise you I will read your thread whenever it is updated by you . If something goes wrong with my plans and I don't buy a suv I might buy the beat I love the funky styling of this car a lot .
I am very glad that you like Chevrolet Beat.I like its stance and the very good build quality.I also like the way the things are put in this.Very good fit and finish for a car of this price which is VFM.

I have seen some owners saying they are getting poor mileage and one time a person got angry and revved it a bit and got a ileage og 9.6 kmpl,and there is another perosn who got around 11.5 kmpl and he was happy because I think he drove some in part enthusastically ,but there are people who get 17-18 kmpl and 20kmpl for one person.
I saw person saying his mileage dropped after the cu remap and then he kept the earlier ecu setting and then he got I think 17.xx kmpl.
One person who got 17-18kmpl is TAI member I think.

I think even i10 is very efficient I think.I have seen an alto k10 owner reporting 10kmpl.
before the cu remap we have checked mileage but I don't think that is reliable because I don't know whether you have read earlier,our car had petrol leakage from the over flow tank.The problem is almost resolved in the third service and we got the ecu remap during the third service.

What is thing with 3 m that they have included , I generally dont go when my car is serviced just wanted to know the oil is mineral ? It seems a little high for me . Btw they have discontinued the moroccon blue colour now [anger]. What kind of mileage are you getting now after the ecu remap ?
Why don't you put roof rails like the lt model on your car I think it will cost you some 3000 rs .
I oil is synthetic and is changed after 1.5 years.As we had the cashless 3 year ownership booklet we need not pay for the oil.
I think the 3m is not included in the Chevrolet service package and is put in the interest of the service advisor and so we have to pay for this.The service advisor told us its an addictive and would help in the performance of the car.
Is there any thing wrong with it?

Are you sure that the moroccan blue color is discontinued .The reason I am asking is I have seen a moroccan blue Chevrolet beat diesel at the showroom.

After the the ecu remap when had one several times done tank to tank felling method to check fuel efficiency,some things went against getting mileage.First it was low tire pressure of about 15 psi in place of 34 psi in one of the front tires.Similar thing happened the next as well.the another is the car during these times were used for short trips and have 40 km trip once in while.I think driving the car for short trips from a cold start will effect the mileage.Correct me if I am wrong.
Last time when we had done a tank to tank method ,the mileage have seen an improvement.I think it was around 12-13 kmpl with full time AC.I am not sure though.
From last Saturday to Thursday the car had run pretty good number of kms.
We will most probably do a full tank this week to check mileage and would surely update this thread.

Regarding the roof rail,,my mother don't like it as it resemble to the ones that is used in cabs to carry good on the roof.

A picture of our beat which I shot several months ago

11092011533edit.jpg

Gave a nice wash to the car yesterday.Need some detailing which I am going to do today.

Last edited:
If it is sycentetic oil then it's fine .
I generally don't put any sddictives in my car but since 3 m is reputated company I don't think the product is bad per se but IMO its not required.
Yes in Mumbai atleast I was told blue is discontinued .
For build quality I can vouch because I have 1 chevorlet spark since 4 years and it has not produced any rattle or gave any kind of trouble to me till date .
I will be glued to your thread for other updates . Keep updating .

Thread Starter #51
If it is sycentetic oil then it's fine .
I generally don't put any sddictives in my car but since 3 m is reputated company I don't think the product is bad per se but IMO its not required.
Yes in Mumbai atleast I was told blue is discontinued .
For build quality I can vouch because I have 1 chevorlet spark since 4 years and it has not produced any rattle or gave any kind of trouble to me till date .
I will be glued to your thread for other updates . Keep updating .
I'm happy that your spark is serving you really well.

Do you feel that spark is not selling in numbers that it deserves?

It would be nice if you put an ownership report of your spark.

I think the blue is not a popular color in India,blue was discontinued in old swift and in the punto(electric blue).

I'm happy that your spark is serving you really well.

Do you feel that spark is not selling in numbers that it deserves?

It would be nice if you put an ownership report of your spark.

I think the blue is not a popular color in India,blue was discontinued in old swift and in the punto(electric blue).
IMHO really spark is little cute thing which is really underrated in India .
In my view gm in general because of Opel brand are considered to be high maintenance cars and the same reputation goes for chevorlet brand too .
Infact a.s.s of Chevy is not bad atall , and the spares are not expensive too , maintenance of spark is much lower then santro.
Yes 1 day I will write an ownership report .

Point city do you find the front visibility a problem because of the high dash board ? And rear view also because of small rear glass ? Did ever a thought came in your mind to install rear parking sensors did you felt the need of it ?
Btw your house is very good love the yard which you have in Mumbai to have such kind of house is next to impossible now.

Thread Starter #54
Point city do you find the front visibility a problem because of the high dash board ? And rear view also because of small rear glass ? Did ever a thought came in your mind to install rear parking sensors did you felt the need of it ?
Yes the overall viability is poor especially the the front view.I have already mentioned it.
Its just a matter of getting used, since the bonnet is short.I think one can increase the height of the seat by adding a custom made pillow,or increasing the height of the seat.

My mother,and me myself didn't felt the need of reverse parking sensors.

Btw your house is very good love the yard which you have in Mumbai to have such kind of house is next to impossible now.
Tank you Raja for the compliments.

Last edited:
thats a nice write up you have there, a must read for anyone considering a beat, excellent pictures too, rating the thread a full 5 stars!
I must admit i am a little less informed about the beat but your dash pics got me attracted, do post some more night pics of the dash.

Thread Starter #56
thats a nice write up you have there, a must read for anyone considering a beat, excellent pictures too, rating the thread a full 5 stars!
I must admit i am a little less informed about the beat but your dash pics got me attracted, do post some more night pics of the dash.
Thank you Iron Rock.I am very happy that you found this thread useful and for rating my humble ownership thread five stars.
[:D]

Night pics of the dash of our beat ls is not very interesting.The LT version which is higher variant looks a more beautiful at nigh due to the integrated music system and automatic climate control.Our version looks spartan in front of this LT.even then the ls version looks good.

Here is a picture I took of the A/C controls that I took at different angle.

Attachments

Thread Starter #57
Our Chevrolet Beat was given to GM service center day be before yesterday and got it back yesterday evening.

Why it went to Service center.The reason can be found from the below quote

My beat went for the fourth service last Tuesday and got it delivered on last Wednesday.I had reported several little issues out of which some were not solved completely.

Some of the things reported were:

• When I checked the test drive vehicle it had a very nice light clutch unlike our beat which have bit right from day 1 and caused pain.so asked them to correct it and to make the gearbox smoother as it has become quit difficult to engage gears.The clutch was shortened with no bit but still requires an effort more than that of the TD vehicle.But throw is very very short,seriously.Gearbox has become smoother.

Post the service

The car felt smoother,engine knocking was reduced but now increased.The squeak sound still persisted.Clutch has very little throw yet not that light like in the TD vehicle.A lady called us asking the service and I reported it was just ok and said several things were not solved.She said she will call the service center.Then comes the call from the service adviser,according to him the left pulling may be due to the curve of the road(lol) and when i told the squeakiness was still there,he said bring it on Monday will check sound by driving it.
Yes its the clutch which later created problem in gear shifting as well.The light noise coming from the clutch(which was present after the second service and was solved during the third service) also came back few days back.My mother developed pain using the clutch.Our beat's clutch had bite from day one itself but we though it was normal.

Now the clutch is lighter,as light as that of punto 2012 mjd but the the length of the throw of the beat's clutch is not as long as that of punto 2012 mjd though.More over the knocking in the first gear has vanished.

The bill came out be zero as all the parts were changed under warranty.

I mentioned about the squeak sound that is heard soon after a cold start to the person working in the Chevrolet service center who was test driving our car when reported the clutch issue said that it may be due to some tar that gets stuck the alternator belt and said wot would be solved by cleaning this belt and now this squeak sound is not there.

Overall I am very happy with GM/Chevrolet ASS.I will post the bill after some time.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #59
^^^^ did they replace a new clutch plate ? And what about gear box is it smooth now ?
I think they have replaced the clutch plate.You can confirm by seeing the bill given below.The gears have become easier to slot I think.I will confirm this later after spending some time with the car.

This is the bill.
IMG_0002 edit.jpg

I think they have replaced the clutch plate.You can confirm by seeing the bill given below.The gears have become easier to slot I think.I will confirm this later after spending some time with the car.

This is the bill.
View attachment 49715
It really make sense to have the 3 years maintenance package from chevorlet.
Btw do you tell the service guys to show You the old part changed and replaced always make a point to do that at times a.s.s guys tell lie that the changed the part and in real they don't do so . Will love to know how smooth the gear box as become .

Top Bottom