Chevrolet Beat - The Definite Ownership Report

Come on, buddy, not a teaser again. Put up some pictures of your ride including the snaps of ICE.

Thread Starter #32
Come on, buddy, not a teaser again. Put up some pictures of your ride including the snaps of ICE.
I will put some parts of the report today itself.Thanks for encouraging me Akash.[:)]

Well the ICE is very very humble!

I have to organise the pictures as most of the pictures are scattered here and there.

Thread Starter #34
I will begin with After Sales Service and the about maintaining the car

I will begin with After Sales Service and the about maintaining the car

After Sales Service

Showroom.jpg

To give you a small introduction, the first service went smoothly as most of the problems were already sorted out as I have told in the first post. Now the second service was the bad part. I was not able to get to service station due some problems. I and my mother (my mother is also a car enthusiast[:D]) discussed the various things to be reported, nothing to be worried of but things that can be improved in our car. Things like increasing the height of the front seat for better visibility, ecu remapping were reported.at first they didn't get the ecu part (I don't why).Now the worst part hasn't come yet. I and mother went to service station to take the delivery and my father was waiting there, while on our way my father called us reported that the delivery is postponed as he found there is leakage of petrol when he was refueling the car fully. The GM ASS reported that it is due to rat bite which may be from our home (which not that possible as many of our car never got this rat bite from our home).hey said they have temporarily covered the overflow tank which is culprit but that didn’t solve the problem. Moreover it cost a whopping 11k to repair that and they said it won't be covered under warranty nor under insurance. My father told we will pay half the price, the rest should go with insurance as it was taken from them itself. Well, they didn’t' agree. Everybody in the home was disappointed.

I suspect this might have happened in their stockyard. To add more flavor to this topic another beat owner (petrol) faced the same problem they too complained. So I think this might have happened in their stock yard.
So for months we never fuelled the car fully and it brought some unhappiness.

Third service

Come third service and all these woes go into dust. This time I, my mother, brother and sister went to service station and this servicing was actually earlier and we went there due to the pressure from my side. I made the list of things to be reported while on our way by discussing with everybody in the car. Went there and we had to wait for quite some time and moreover it was late in the evening. I had already booked but was not able to go there in the booked time. I must say we were treated nicely. Then the service advisor come and we discus with the various the things to be taken care of. The problems reported are:
  • Squeaking sound from the car-He said it he will try to solve it and it is due to some belt.
  • To improve A/C performance (It didn’t felt as good when the car was new)-He said he will try to clean the filter which may be the culprit
  • ECU remap-Agreed
  • The door handle (inside) on one of the rear door was not that sticking to its place(not very tight but still tight) but it will go back to its place after closing or opening. I was observed if closing from inside with some from pressure and not big problem as it felt I it was there in its place and will not come off. But I want to make tight in its place that’s all-Agreed
  • Overflow tank leakage-He said he will try to cover it with something.
He also asked us whether we want to do free wheel alignment and tire rotation as a part of the 3 year maintenance package and we replied yes.

The squeaking sound was not completely resolved.The tires were rotated and wheels went alignment. The rest of the issues were solved and we were happy. About the A/C I didn’t feel much of a difference at that time. But now I can say that our beat A/C chills. He said he had covered the leakage area. He was very confident and he said now we can fill the tank to the brim and if there is leakage we should report it. He also said that he will try to source the small part which is damaged rather than changing the whole thing. .He said we have to pay rupees 100(and few tens) for the bumper clipping. We were really happy and I was happier by seeing the attention they have given like by replacing the bumper clip. My mother checked out the beat diesel while we were waiting and also met the manager who is a lady. The people inside the showroom were very nice. The manager is also having a beat diesel and oh boy it looks like concept. She said she has added accessories worth a lakh and it returns more FE than her swift diesel .She said there is no need to change to the beat diesel as many cars comes to the market each and every day. She gave us her visiting card and told us we can report to her if there is any problem. . My mother felt the car felt smoother.
Now the ASS experience at last has become very good. And so the ASS experience is indeed very good and has built some good confidence in Chevrolet cars.

Maintenance.

Now the best part is that we paid only for this bumper clip in this entire ownership (which starts from November 2010) for its maintenance. Now that speaks about how cheap it was to maintain this car and the credit for this also goes to the the 3 year maintenance package.

Some pictures for your view pleasure.
08112011051.jpg
11092011527.jpg

Got heart?
Heart.jpg

The interior.
Interior.jpg

The tail lights and the head lights
Lights(tail).jpg
light(head).jpg
Next part of the report and more pictures later.

BTW the odometer reads 8449km.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #36
Pictures of the Music system,aka,ICE will be posted by 'edios'.

editbeat.jpg

I think we will be going for the fourth service of the car probably this coming week and so I have decided to write the next part after that as it will give a better picture of the car.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #37
These are the pictures of the music system and the covers of the speakers(just to give the size of the speakers).The smaller one is 4 inch and the slightly bigger one 5 and 1/4 inch.It totally costed us 8250 Rupees.
I heard the blaupunk speakers that is now available here is of poor quality.I paid a bit of a premium for these speakers[frustration].I'm not not all impressed with the 4 inch ones which tend to make too much of treble.Since the speakers are all the ends of the car and not in door pads,the front seat passengers mostly hear from the 4 ich and the rear passenger mostly hear the 5 1/4 inch ones which make the rear seat even much better place to be in.[lol]

Attachments

Last edited:
Read through your maintenance report. Glad most of your problems are fixed. The 3 years maintenance package does reduce costs a lot. My dad's spark is closing in on the 3 year mark and till now maintenance costs have been absolute minimum. Service also has been decent.

About your ICE, wish you had gone in for a better setup. Anyways, it can always be on your to-do list[:)]

Thread Starter #39
Some little little things about our Chevrolet Beat

I think I will first talk about the car in small sentences. I will write the full report after some time as I feel there are a lot to explore!

DSC01254-crop small 2.jpg 11092011541 edit.jpg

• One of the things that I really like about our beat is certainly the build quality. Everything feels solid be it the interior or the exterior. The rear doors when closed with some force closes with a sweet thud which I and my brother likes. The exterior portion of the doors don’t feel that strong but I think the interior parts between the door pad and the outermost part of the door are strong which makes the door feel strong. I read n some reviews that beat is more solid that a ford figo

• The ride quality is very very good. I think the softer suspension is doing the job. You can feel little firmness at very low speeds which is not present in the diesel one as per Autocar India. You can go through little pothole with some momentum and the car don’t lose its composure.

• I was worried that the softer suspension may lead to poor high speed composure but I was proved wrong. The car feels composed at 100 km/h(and a Littlemore on the speedo),this was observed first when the car was driven by my cousin sister. Earlier we found the car to be composed at two digit speeds but never expected the composure to be good at three digit speed.

• Not to mention the fantastic brake which very good feel and bite. I wonder how beautiful the brakes will be in the LT(O).I heard Punto and the new swift ZDI has very good brakes.

• The steering is one thing I love very much. It has excellent steering feel. You could feel the road in a smooth way event at low speeds. Our swift’s steering lacks this feel at low speed. But the steering is not very direct or say as sharp as that of swift. I heard the beat diesel’s steering is more direct.

• Post ECU remap :
    After the ECU remap, the car pulls cleanly in second gear. You can star of the line in second gear itself without any jerks. But I think the engine knocks a bit more in the first gear after the remap. I am not sure.I think the drivability had improved after the remap and the cu has adjusted to my mother’s driving style I think as the car do not stall at higher gears like before.

• Well the looks as you all know is very radical and looks very modern and beautiful to my eyes. The beat LT(O) is definitely one of the best looking hatchbacks in India. Needless to say it is after the arrival of beat I had so much of fun taking pictures of beat .Pretty photogenic car it is.

• The gear box is a wee bit rubbery but it is light. It didn’t create an inconvenience to us and was not a big problem.

• The rpm meter is not my favorite part as I like the traditional analog meter but the digital one looks cool though and is unique and different from normal. It is after seeing the digital tacho meter I saw the beauty of analog meter.

• The paint quality is excellent, brilliant,awesome.One has to come and see it
I am happy![:D]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #41
My beat went for the fourth service last Tuesday and got it delivered on last Wednesday.I had reported several little issues out of which some were not solved completely.

Some of the things reported were:

• A squeak sound from the car.(not solved)
  • Engine was not very smooth(solved as the engine oil was changed)
  • Slight left pulling(actually solved during the delivery,but problem reoccurred,read about it later)
  • Asked then to check the tyre pressure but I think they didn't as we found later than one of the rye had 15psi and the lest pulling reoccurred after the right tyre's pressure was corrected.
  • When I checked the test drive vehicle it had a very nice light clutch unlike our beat which have bit right from day 1 and caused pain.so asked them to correct it and to make the gearbox smoother as it has become quit difficult to engage gears.The clutch was shortened with no bit but still requires an effort more than that of the TD vehicule.Nut throw is very very short,seriously.Gearbox has become smoother.
  • A noise from the clutch.Solved it by replacing clutch cable(some thing like that,look at the service bill).
  • The window beading was out of lace and slightly cut of that of left front door window.Solved.

Post the service

The car felt smoother,engine knocking was reduced but now increased.The squeak sound still persisted.Clutch has very little throw yet not that light like in the TD vehicle.A lady called us asking the service and I reported it was just ok and said several things were not solved.She said she will call the service center.Then comes the call from the service adviser,according to him the left pulling may be due to the curve of the road(lol) and when i told the squeakiness was still there,he said bring it on Monday will check sound by driving it.

This is the service bill
IMG (2).jpg
Is the engine oil synthetic and could some one explain the parts that were changed?

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #44
The car was not sent to Service centre.The car is serving us very well.

The car felt smoother,engine knocking was reduced but now increased
Now the knocking is reduced I think.

Another problem or say an observation after the service is the whistle come from the A/C blower
This whistle has also vanished.

Thread Starter #45
Nobody here shown the patience to explain the service bill.[anger]

What I have seen is that no body is interested in Chevrolet beat petrol in TAI I guess.
reason I am updating the thread is to create awareness and I will try to continue.

BTW,
Our beat's fuel effeciance have seen an increase[:D]

The beautifully detailed Tail Lamp.
DSC01528.jpg

Top Bottom