Chevrolet Beat TCDI - Initial Ownership Review (1500 Kms)

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI ian's

I am happy to post my first Initial Ownership review (1500 Kms) of my new Beat TCDI.

Reason Behind Beat TCDI:
Since I own petrol swift I was looking for an alternate diesel car for my city commute. On the final week before making advance payment to Figo Diesel, I have heard about Beat Diesel. I took a test drive and decided to booked it.

About the Car:
I have decided to go for Sandrift Grey color, PS version. I liked the design and new styling features of this car and easy to drive inside the city. I do some long trips once in a month and not much worried about highway performance.

Dealer:
Kropex at Hosur road. As its the nearest to my home I have opted for this dealer. I sales rep who attended me was a good guy with not much experience. But overall, myself and my wife were NOT much satisfied with the customer support we received from this dealer. I have asked to fix roof rails well in advance before the delivery along with other accessories. But on the delivery day they gave me disappointment by without fixing the roof rails and other accessories with some stupid excuses.

1500 Kms observations:
1000 Kms completed on 30th day after delivery and I just clocked 1500 Kms.

Interiors:
Car will be mostly used by me and my wife, we felt that road view from inside is very low compared to my Swift. Front passenger seats are comfortable and wife feels that its not much comfortable in Swift. We mostly do not see rear seats and yet to receive feedback and they looks pretty okay.

Exteriors:
I do not like the wheel rims at all in Beat and planning for alloys soon. Headlights are good enough for city driving.

Fuel Economy:
City with 50% AC: 16.5 Kms/L(avg)
The maximum I got was 17.5 kms/L
I am not much satisfied with this mileage and during my first service they told it will increase after 5K kms, hope it will improve. I have read from other forums that everyone is getting the same mileage.

I am feeling some extra vibrations in clutch, gas pedal and sometimes in seats in all gears during my drive. Since I am driving diesel car for the first time I am feeling this ? Experts, please advice here. I maintain around 1800K rpm before all gear shifts.

Service experience:
I have made a complaint about this during my first service and I do not think they have done something to correct it. Kropex service center is the worst I have ever seen, most of the people who work there are new and not aware of many things. They just note down the complaint and do not tend to explain the things in detail. GM India should improve a lot here to stay in the competition.

Accessories:

Since I took PS version, I have added the following

1. 4 Power windows (w/auto roll up)
2. Autocop central locking
3. Alphine head unit with 4' Hertz coaxials
4. Teflon coating
5. Underbody coating
6. 3M sunflim

Future plans:

1. Alloys
2. 6' coaxials, Sub woofer and 2 channel amp
3. Roof rails
4. Vinyl graphics
5. Weather guard

Hope you enjoyed my review [:)] and experts suggestion are welcome.

Cheers [thumbsup]

Attachments

Last edited:
Nice review.
Is that piranha after market power windows?
If so i have the same one and using since the past 3 yrs. No trouble whatsoever..

Nice car friend. btw please tell me about the front leg room and head room, and the rear legroom when the front seats are pushed full back.

Nice review , Can you tell us more about Highway drives ?
BTW what is the cost of your car ?

Thread Starter #6
All, thanks for the comments

@mumbaikar: Its Autocop power windows.

@shailinder: I have tried with Tank Full - Tank Full method (auto cut-off).

@kannan: Leg room is good enough for me (5.8 ft). When front seats are pulled back, rear leg room is just ok for a comfortable ride.

@Surfer: Since I have not driven in highway I could not tell now. Bcoz I am little tied with office work I could not go for long drives, will update here as soon as when I tried in highway. Onroad price is 5,27,000 (without any accessories)

Cheers [thumbsup]

@Swiftian:
Congrats for the buy,although late,but still its warm.

How about the 'torque on demand' feature of the Beat TCDI,the feature of which Chevrolet says that car offers adequate torque at any rev range if its needed?

@Swiftian, congrats buddy for ur Beat diesel. Looks good in this shade. Good alloys will definitely increase the external appeal. Dont worry about the mileage during initial few thousand kms. Do give us an update of your highway experience once you make it. Happy and safe motoring [drive]

Thread Starter #9
@TSIVipul: Since I have not tried in highway, I could test it much. But inside the city, its very good to drive.

@carfreak: Thanks for your comment, will post the updates soon.

Anyone got answer to my query about clutch vibrations ??

I am feeling some extra vibrations in clutch, gas pedal and sometimes in seats in all gears during my drive. Since I am driving diesel car for the first time I am feeling this ? Experts, please advice here. I maintain around 1800K rpm before all gear shifts.
Cheers [thumbswink]

congrats for beat buddy! great choice. you have modded it with useful features!! [thumbsup] am seeing this colour first time on beat..it looks great in green also!

Nice Review and Nice Choice of Shade
I got a impression that Beat Diesel has less rear Space...
As you got this, can you please tell me the exact thing ??? [confused]

BTW Happy Riding [drive]

hi,
Nice detailed review. May i know the price of the extra fittings like
4 Power windows (w/auto roll up), Autocop central locking, Alphine head unit with 4' Hertz coaxials, Teflon coating, Under body coating, 3M sunflim plus any personal suggestions.

I got a reply from Mr. vinay pillai from nasik, he did almost same changes on his beat PS. expecting your valuable information soon.

Thank you
dileep

Short and Crisp review. Loved reading it. Congratulations swiftian. The car looks gorgeous in this colour. 17Kmpl in city, is terrific.

Please do share the details about the booking experience, waiting period, offers, on-road price, rear seat comfort and any other useful information.

A Swiftian owning a Beat [:)] Congrats.

Anyway, Bhaisaab what is the thing strapped to the steering wheel. P/W controls ?

Please share the cost break up of ICE. Also where have u installed the 4" Co-ax - in the front door ?

Top Bottom