Chevrolet Beat TCDI - Initial Ownership Review (1500 Kms)

Thread Starter #16
Hello All,

Thanks everyone..I have clocked 4000 Kms recently and wanted to update my experience.

Mileage: Its getting increased during every refill. I am getting a max of 18.2 Kmpl in Bangalore B2B traffic during my last refill. I have tried highway once for about 690 Kms and I got a mileage of 25 Kmpl, yes its 25 !. I maintained a speed of 80-90 Kms and rarely touched 100 Kms. 690 Kms include: 50 Kms pure city driving + 50 Kms include 6 people onboard on highway and rest 590 Kms pure highway with 50% AC with 3 people onboard. I got a mileage around 24 Kmpl for this 690 Kms and if I reduce 50 Km city driving I could get that magic no 25 Kmpl !!.

Highway handling is good and post 90 or 100 Kms, I could feel engine running out of its breath. Since I do not drive more than 90 Kms I am satisfied with the performance. Overtaking in highway does not feel hard and it performs really good.

I have not added any additional accessories and planning for a 2 channel amp + sub. I could hear some 'crich crich....' sound in dashboard area, I used to get this sound in my Swift only after 2 yrs. Not sure whether its due to non proper closure of panels during audio install, expert pls help me here.

Cheers [thumbsup]

Last edited:
I have not added any additional accessories and planning for a 2 channel amp + sub. I could hear some 'crich crich....' sound in dashboard area, I used to get this sound in my Swift only after 2 yrs. Not sure whether its due to non proper closure of panels during audio install, expert pls help me here.
can be loose plastic man. chevy shouldnt get it that early..99% happened 'coz of installation guys!!

@ Swiftian, that is an awesome mileage! Congrats. Yes, as you have mentioned, driving sedately @ 80 kms / hr always returns the best mileage and also is a safe speed to be in. So its a dual advantage [clap]

Usually after the audio install there might be some loose ends in the dashboard which would have gone unnoticed. Carefully observe as to which specific area in the dashboard is the source of noise. You can fix it at the time of service if its not very irritating.

Highway handling is good and post 90 or 100 Kms, I could feel engine running out of its breath. Since I do not drive more than 90 Kms I am satisfied with the performance. Overtaking in highway does not feel hard and it performs really good.
Good to hear this.
Can 3 people sit comfortably at back side?
How to you think NVH is ?

Thread Starter #20
Three people at the rear is ok, but not good as compared to my Swift. Thigh support is bit less.

Onroad is comes to 5.32 for Metallic shade.
Power windows: 9.5K
Auto roll-up: 1.5k
Central locking: 3.5K
ICE: 9.5k (do not have bill with me)

Waiting period was 15 days as I was looking for this shade.

Thread Starter #21
Update to my review:

I have completed 6500 KMs recently and done my first service after 5K KMs last month.

Nothing has been changed/replaced during the service and I got the bill for Rs 0 !. I feel pickup is good after the service and I could early go beyond speed of 110+ on highways. Completed 2 highway trips recently for about 700 Kms each. During first trip with four people on board, 100 Kms road was in very bad shape and could go only around 20 Kms speed, finally I got a mileage of 23 KMPL. Second trip with 2 people on board and managed speed of 120 Kms on highway. I had really enjoyed the drive and my car was performing very good on highway, stability was good at high speeds. I wanted to try the maximum speed and touched 145!. Finally during this trip I managed to get the mileage of 22.8 KMPL with 120 Kms speed !.

will update the thread soon with more details.

Cheers [thumbsup]

That's really impressive FE figures,Next time drive sedately in like 90kmph hope you will get atleast 25kmpl.
Touching 145 top speed is awesome for a 3pot engine.[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #23
Thanks Vishwas for your comment :)

I have already got the FE for 25 KMPL with 90 Kms speed earlier, check my earlier reply to this thread.

Cheers [thumbsup]

Whoa, thats news, what is the offer? How much it is coming on road ?
Nothing is clear as of now Anshuman.

I just a saw an advt with some low down payment. For some time diesel car is in my mind (aggravated after our pune trip). So just thought of taking same step.

But I will not regret even if it does not workout also. Since am happy with my sparky.

Let us see.

Top Bottom