Chevrolet Beat Performance Mods

Thread Starter #1
Since it's my first post wanted to say a big hi to everyone at the forums.

Wanted to know if there are any performance mods i can make to my chevy beat. It's a really fantastic car but i feel that it's a bit wheezy in the bottom end (between the second and third gears). Was looking at something like an custom ecu remap or a performance air filter. Anything to make it a bit faster would be appreciated :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the model year of the chevy beat you own? I know for sure that 2010 models used to have a ECU remap during the first/second/third service

Hi Skids,

Welcome to The Automotive India!

Yeah you have lot of mod options for getting faster there..

1) ECU remap.
2) Cool Air Intakes & Custom Exhausts
3) Performance Airfilters

Apart from this Nos, Camshaft, Turbos, Fuelpumps & performance chips !! are also available.

Everything takes an budget & let us know your exact requirements

Skids,

Go in order for the following :

01. K&N CAI - Apollo or Universal Conical depending on your total budget.

02. If your beat has crossed over 20k KM's, then you could consider removing your catcon and then a FFE with headers. Headers to be done for a mid-range RPM so that it does not hamper your long drives and still enjoy 'beat'ing city roads with a vroom vroom ;).

03. Remap your ECU.

My 2 cents worth with a cost factor in mind.

Thread Starter #5
Well i am a bit miserly in terms of budget, but can cough up ( with a lot of effort) something like 30 to 40k (i know i need a better paying job). Brought it November 2010 and has done just 4k on the odo. Also to keep in mind don't want to squander away that 3 year warranty thing. Also i am based in Delhi, so do let me know who does these mods as well.

@Xryder - like the vrom vrom part. Come to think of it the beat has a characteristic roar (not a whine like other small cars) some don't like it but i do:)

Performance chips, ecu remap, air filers and nos has me really interested.
Turbos sound really good too, but won't it be a bit expensive?

Well i am a bit miserly in terms of budget, but can cough up ( with a lot of effort) something like 30 to 40k (i know i need a better paying job). Brought it November 2010 and has done just 4k on the odo. Also to keep in mind don't want to squander away that 3 year warranty thing. Also i am based in Delhi, so do let me know who does these mods as well.

Okay!

For your 1st question any mods performed on engine will void ur warranty!!

No matter, even a small electrical work like changing the bulbs or adding a cutout for high power bulbs will VOID your warranty.

Any one who is keen on warranty should surely stay away from Mods, atleast performance mods.

For now, go for wider alloys & some stickering mods & let years pass on.

An approx price quote

Performance Chips & ECU Remaps - 18K - 40K

Performance Air Filters - 4K-9K

Exhausts - 8K - 20K

Turbos & Nos - starts from whopping 45K & goes upto lakhs!

Well i am a bit miserly in terms of budget, but can cough up ( with a lot of effort) something like 30 to 40k (i know i need a better paying job).
Arent we all in search for a better paying job ? [;)]

Brought it November 2010 and has done just 4k on the odo. Also to keep in mind don't want to squander away that 3 year warranty thing. Also i am based in Delhi, so do let me know who does these mods as well.
Since its just 4k on the odo, I suggest you wait atleast till it clocks about 15k. FFE(custom end can+exhaust) + Headers should ideally cost nothing more than 10k. But if you intend to put a branded endcan+exhaust like Remus etc then those alone could come upto anywhere between 9k-12k.

@Xryder - like the vrom vrom part. Come to think of it the beat has a characteristic roar (not a whine like other small cars) some don't like it but i do:)
I love the sound too. Sweet music to my ears.

Unless you have deep pockets, dont go for it all at once. I am in the same situation as you are mate. So Im doing it stage by stage. And it makes good sense to do it stage by stage so that you know what you want the next upgrade to be after each mod you have done. Plus it gives you the time to save up for the next mod and do enough reading and searching on info about the various reputed tuners so you can stay away from the self-proclaimed 'tooners' .

My suggestion for you now would be to wait a little more before you do any core performance mods. Go for a CAI/Universal K&N for now depending on your budget and prices quoted. Do read through and research on whatever you intend to choose from here - K&N High Performance Air Filters, Air Intakes, & Oil Filters

You should get in touch with Arush of AutoPsyche in Karol Bagh. He is the right person to get details/references.His contact no is - +911244003444 or +919810518681. He does very good work and his name is quite popular in the auto scene.

Do detail your next mods and pics as well.

Cheers.

Thread Starter #8
@Xryder - thanks a lot for the info.

hmm seems like i will have to play a the waiting game on the performance mods, but then any ones you would suggest looks wise (except stickering). Also does anyone have a beat that looks like the transformer skids? If yes much will that look cost to do?

Also what about the interiors, as in seat covers and ways to make it a little bit better (because its so damn dark), i feel the door pads seem a wee bit cheap and tacky, any way that can be made better?

also thanks to @Zinam for the info

hmm seems like i will have to play a the waiting game on the performance mods, but then any ones you would suggest looks wise (except stickering). Also does anyone have a beat that looks like the transformer skids? If yes much will that look cost to do?
Chevrolet Beat has already got killer looks. However you may add a set of alloys to further enhance the exteriors. I believe your model must be having the spoiler. The alloys wont lighten your pocket much. Further more, you can go for decent body kits.

Also what about the interiors, as in seat covers and ways to make it a little bit better (because its so damn dark), i feel the door pads seem a wee bit cheap and tacky, any way that can be made better?
I find Beat's interiors one of the best in segment.
For interior enhancement, you may get the interiors painted in any color you want.

Contact Arush in Karo Bagh for the body mods or even the K&N filters. He has got a few good kits for lots of popular sedans and hatches. Im sure he will help you in this regard. If you were in Bangalore, I would simply recommend one person only - R K Ramesh (Sai Colorium). He is a professional automotive designer and is one of the most reliable and trustworthy persona I have met in this industry. He has worked with so many body mods and even makes custom headlight units.

So all-in-all for now you could go for a set of alloys with bigger rubbers(read tyres when i referred to rubbers [:D]).

Interiors :
You could go for some Stanley customised interiors (costs a bomb) or even settle for some slightly cheaper brands for the seat covers with some sporty art work on it. You get Sparco seat cover replicas today and it is quite cheap compared to the original seats.

Doorpads :
Contact Arush. He will have something to spruce it up.

Food for thought :
I am attaching a few pics of a beat which was done up quite nicely just out of the showroom. It was subtle and tastefully done according to me. Have a look at how significant the change is when the alloys and tyres are changed.

Cheers.

Attachments

Thread Starter #11
Thanks a lot, got a clearer idea and picture about what i want to do.

Thanks a ton Xryder, loved the reference to rubbers[lols]. You are right about the alloy wheels, that seems to have the most impact lookwise.
Stanley is really beyond my budget but are sweet.

The Beat shown in the pics looks to be the base variant. The mods have definitely added a sporty character. I loved those alloys, however the interiors are not to my taste.

@Skids: What color is your car? Upload a pic or two which will give us a better idea.

Hi mates!!, this is the first time am posting something on anything. I own a 2010 May Chevy beat which just crossed 7k. I am one of those kinds who love to push pedal to the floor all the time. Unfortunately, my Chevy was not that responsive as I expected. But it is beyond doubt that it is an awesome car to punt around in the city.
After a long research on Cold air intake and warm air take systems, I decided to go with CAIs as I found more reviews favoring them. So I installed K&N Apollo filter and placed the tube which sucks air in right behind the front bumper. I was so thrilled to drive the car after installation and I never felt to move out of the driver’s seat. The acceleration was awesome, no lag in second gear. I have even outdone swift desire with a short drag from signal to signal. The fun part ends here. After fitting the CAI, I filled the tank full. By the first 56km run, the first bar in the fuel guage disappeared which was so surprising. I used to get 90-100 km before the first bar disappears. I cut the long tube to half its length (again after research on internet) and filled the tank full again. This time I got 76km before the first bar in the fuel gauge dropped. I checked the tire pressure, adjusted the tube again a little bit, because, I found it detached from the main filter piece. I filled the tank again. Now it has crossed 110 km but still the first bar is very much there. I don’t know what is happening. In some website, it was written “ECU is in a learning mode” and that’s y it’s erratic. I wonder how long will the Ecu learn like this and work erratically OR did I spoil MAF or something. I really appreciate any comments on this. I also hope this post would help all chevy lovers who are waiting for small time performance Mods. Thanks in advance for your inputs…

Top Bottom