Chevrolet Beat or Honda Brio?

Thread Starter #1
which among the two is really worth the money ?

beat LT : 472900 OTP (after reducing insurance amount)

accessories offered :
bharath nav GPS system
basics
free insurance

brio S MT : 484370 OTP

accessories offered :
NIL

hi guys , which one is better? please give your inputs.
(both are petrol variants, and on road prices are from Kerala)
cheers ! [cheers]

Re: Chevy beat or honda brio ?

What is good for the geese may not be good for the gander. Please list your buying preferences. However, from a purely personal viewpoint, I would not even think twice and put my money on the Brio. It has a (much) better engine, quality build/components, sterling Honda build quality and the peace-of mind of trouble free Honda ownership. Apart from the slightly better ride quality of the Beat, a few extra accessories, and three-year service holiday, I do not see any other significant benefit offered by it that the Brio cannot match for the better. Car buying decisions should not be based solely on a couple of thousand rupees worth of difference in buying price or a few extra accessories. Once the initial brouhaha of a new car dies down, what starts to matter more are the integral attributes of a car with respect to its performance, build quality, efficiency, reliability etc and the Brio would beat the Beat on most, if not all these aspects hook, line and sinker. No offence meant to Beat owners - it's a good car in its own right. Irrespective of what anyone (on this forum or otherwise) says, please test drive both cars before you put your hard earned money on anyone of them - there are certain attributes like looks, seating position, overall feel of the car, that nobody else can decide for you.

Last edited:

go for brio. Both are good for city riding. But i think brio had a slight advantage in terms of

1. Torque
2. Handling
3. Refined Engine

Owner's can comment more about this.
Please have a test drive and decide

Thread Starter #6

how about the interior space? heard brio looks small on the outside but is spacious than beat. is it true?

how about the interior space? heard brio looks small on the outside but is spacious than beat. is it true?
100% true, apart from the headroom. The Beat's rear seat area feels like an isolation ward.

Could you please tell your prorities

beat LT : 472900 OTP (after reducing insurance amount)

accessories offered :
bharath nav GPS system
basics
free insurance
I think if you take out the gps system the price will again got down,don't know by how much though.

100% true, apart from the headroom. The Beat's rear seat area feels like an isolation ward.
Isolation ward?The space at the rear in beat is not at all bad.I have a beat and a swift at home and my uncle drives an i20 automatic which didn't feel very spacious than the beat.I have been in the rear seat of brio as well.350z found the space of brio at the real quite poor.

Edit:Just looked at your profile.So you own a brio.

You said honda has sterling build quality.I didn't quiet get it.

I would pick the Beat simply because I HATE the way the Brio looks. I feel it looks too girly.
Thanks raj. I though this thread would be one sided but it is not.
Glad that you like the looks of beat.

right said !!
Look at the rear !!! [surprise]
[frustration]
Again thank you!

[:D]

Last edited:

sreecr: Though I own a Honda, I too am not very fond of the rear & the centre dash of the Brio. In summers there is bound to be a lot of heat infiltration into the cabin due to the huge glass at the back unless you do put a high end sunfilm. Maintainance costs would be low on the chevy baby too but then again if you have the Brio, then you are in the Honda Club. Plus you will smoke out any hatchback (apart from the i10 Kappa2) in town.

Cheers

Jazzy

More than the cost factor first check out which of these cars are comfortable for you.

If i was in this situation i will pick Beat. Brio goes down for 2 reasons: I am not a fan of it's looks and high waiting period. Honda's should be trouble free but spares will be scarily expensive.

well if beat has little space then brio ( i am not aware of it) you can have testdrive of bothwheels with your family seated and decide what is important for you. well i advice my take on beat as your getting everything what you need in one package and at a reasonable price.

go for beat dude, try to change LT to LT option pack. it will add a 50k increase in price, but you will get much more safety features like abs and airbags. I do have one question to brio lovers can we get all the features offered by beat on brio under 5 lakh

beat is a sensible choice but brio is good when comparing the quality, power etc. I suggest you to go for beat unless you love Honda's! [:)]

Isolation ward?The space at the rear in beat is not at all bad.I have a beat and a swift at home and my uncle drives an i20 automatic which didn't feel very spacious than the beat.I have been in the rear seat of brio as well.350z found the space of brio at the real quite poor.

You said honda has sterling build quality.I didn't quiet get it.

[:D]
The Beat's rear seat is claustrophobic due to the black/gray colour scheme, small hatch glass and tiny rear windows. Horses for courses !

The quality of aggregates and the way the Honda cars are screwed together ensures that they go a long distance before kicking the bucket. Why else do Hondas have brilliant resale values?

I would suggest a Honda Brio. However, if it would have been a diesel, you could have considered Beat.

Honda Brio has a refined petrol engine which offers excellent drive-ability unlike Beat which isn't so smooth at high speeds.

Top Bottom