Chevrolet Beat or Honda Brio?

how about the performance of beat ? can it be compared with that of brio ? (any reports on lack of power for beat? )
The diesel surely lags power but the 1.2L petrol power train is pretty powerful. Yes there needs to be a lot of gear shifts but one gets used to it.

Didnt drive the Brio so dont know about the power output.

Nah. Not at all. Just to give you the figures, the Beat's 1.2 litre engine develops 79 BHP @ 6,200 rpm and 108 NM of torque @ 4,400 rpm (which are figures par for the course) and has a weak bottom end which makes it tedious to drive in the city. 2nd gear is weak (read ownership reviews) and wont take you anywhere in the city. Mid range is so-so and the engine loses steam above 4500 rpm and also gets noisy. The only great thing about this engine is the fantastic refinement at idle (zero sound). Since your confusion is between the Brio and the Beat, I suggest you take a back-to-back test drive of both cars within a very short gap (say, like 1 hour - its the BEST way to decide between two cars). Drive the Beat first under various traffic conditions in the city and on the highway and then go to the Honda showroom and drive the Brio under similar conditions and tell us how you felt about both engines.

The best 1.2 litre petrol engines in Indian hatchbacks are the i20's 1.2 Kappa, The Brio's 1.2 iVtec, and the Swift/Ritz's 1.2 K series (not necessarily in that order). I have driven almost all 1.2s in the country so I can say this with absolute certainty. Take a test drive [drive] and then take your call.

After the ecu remap the low end torque is very good.You can actually take off from 2 nd gear.At first gear if are pressing the clutch by half and press the clutch(that is leave it at neutral) the car would continue to go without any input,slightly like our Maruti Swift diesel.

The best 1.2 litre petrol engines in Indian hatchbacks are the i20's 1.2 Kappa
I heard i20 1.2 petrol is not great.

Thread Starter #33
hi guys had a TD of beat today. I am not an expert on defining a car on the basis of TD, so i would like to give few opinions as a newbie driver.

PROS:
the steering is very light and easy to use.
looks awesome.
features like auto ac, steering adjustment, rear defogger, rear wipe etc
VFM
the chevy badge [:D]

CONS:

interiors are quite dark
It dint feel much airy and spacious at the rear.
Iam 5'6 and iam having little difficulty because of the high set dash.
(really missing the driver seat height adjustment here )
tyres are so puny [frustration]

At 5ft6in, you will certainly have problem looking over the beat's dashboard. Also, reversing would me a major task considering the tiny rear glass area. At your height, frontal vision may be a problem in the Brio too, as it's seats are placed quite low. However, reversing the Brio would be a breeze due to the all glass rear hatch. Since you have test driven the Beat ten minutes back, I suggest you rush to the Honda showroom RIGHT NOW and test drive the Brio as well. testing two different cars within a short interval of time is the best way of comparing them.

Friends, I am presently owning a 2012 Tata Nano bought in Sep 2012. The same is running on EMI of Rs.9092/- which will be over in Sep 2014. I am not at all happy with the car and I want to go for another one which should be more refined and powerful engine with light controls. I have a 9 years & 2 years old daughter. I am in Defence and will be retiring in May 2016. I have two choices (Beat & Brio). Firstly, I would like to know how much my Nano can fetch if sold now. Since, I am in Defence, I can get beat at 30K lesser. And if I add 60k discount which chevrolet offers, the ex-showroom price of Beat LT (O) will come down to Rs.420000 or 430000 max. However, since Brio is not in CSD and no big discounts are being offered by Honda, I can get only EXMT model max in comparison to the beat price. I want to keep the new car for at least 10-12 years. I have not test driven any of these cars. Kindly advise what should I do. It may be kept in mind that my Nano is one year old and EMI is still on. Should I wait for one more year to let the EMI be over ? If yes, then what about the re-sale value of my Nano after one year. I am totally confused as to what should be done. Thanks.

nlx12 said:
I want to keep the new car for at least 10-12 years. I have not test driven any of these cars. Kindly advise what should I do.
Since you are planning to have the car for 10-12 years, it is better to choose Honda for reliability and less worry on the maintenance. I own a 14 year old Honda Civic and pretty happy since it provides a peace of mind. I am not sure about the long term ownership of Chevy.

Depends on our preference -
If you prefer looks, go for beat
If you prefer quality, go for Brio.

Always, Honda is a Honda and Chevy is a Chevy

Top Bottom