Chevrolet Beat or Honda Brio?

I would suggest a Honda Brio. However, if it would have been a diesel, you could have considered Beat.

Honda Brio has a refined petrol engine which offers excellent drive-ability unlike Beat which isn't so smooth at high speeds.
Well looks apart(matter of personal preference) as your preference is petrol, i would suggest the brio as well if you can wait, it has excellent driveability and the honda i-vtec will outlast anything nearly [;)]

I would simply suggest the beat for the looks!! I mean cmon Beat has killer looks, sharp curves and an excellent dash!! Talking about the engine, its a 4 cyl. 80hp and gives a mileage of 17 with AC on highways!!

And how are you forgetting the three years maintenance pack....after you get over the "NEW" car feel, what will matter is how much the car is costing you.

Put your money wisely, buying a GM product is something else!! And dont forget Beat is tried and tested for over two years now!! [:)]

Well, I must say. It all depends on you. Both are good vehicles in some way or the other.
If you are still confused, I suggest you to go for a test drive. [:)]

Thread Starter #19
yeah, both beat and brio stands neck to neck. But i think beat has a bit more advantage on the feature side, like auto ac, rear defogger, rear viper etc which is omitted in brio. But considering the brand and the i vtec engine, brio stands apart. Really confusing.

I would simply suggest the beat for the looks!! I mean cmon Beat has killer looks, sharp curves and an excellent dash!! Talking about the engine, its a 4 cyl. 80hp and gives a mileage of 17 with AC on highways!!

And how are you forgetting the three years maintenance pack....after you get over the "NEW" car feel, what will matter is how much the car is costing you.

Put your money wisely, buying a GM product is something else!! And dont forget Beat is tried and tested for over two years now!! [:)]

i agree with you, they are offering a 3 year service.

I would suggest a Honda Brio. However, if it would have been a diesel, you could have considered Beat.

Honda Brio has a refined petrol engine which offers excellent drive-ability unlike Beat which isn't so smooth at high speeds.
but akash, i ve read some test drive reports on brio and most of them mentioned about increased vertical movements on high speeds and rear side passengers will not be much comfortable.

yeah, both beat and brio stands neck to neck. But i think beat has a bit more advantage on the feature side, like auto ac, rear defogger, rear viper etc which is omitted in brio. But considering the brand and the i vtec engine, brio stands apart. Really confusing.

i agree with you, they are offering a 3 year service.

but akash, i ve read some test drive reports on brio and most of them mentioned about increased vertical movements on high speeds and rear side passengers will not be much comfortable.
As I said earlier, after the new car enthusiasm dies down, what starts to matter more are not the extra features but more substantial things like the engine, gearbox, overall quality, consistency of performance etc. Please take a long test drive of both cars considering this in mind and see which one do you like better. Indeed the 3 year service is a boon but I would rather place my money on a car's 'trouble free reliability' than 'trouble free repairability'.

Yup. the ride at the Brio's rear is choppy on a long undulating road.

Just to try my hand at prophecy, I think at the end of all this - and irrespective of what experts on this forum say about your dilemma- you will ultimately go for the Beat. Admit it, your heart is set on it [cheers].

Keep us posted !

Re: Chevy beat or honda brio ?

how about the interior space? heard brio looks small on the outside but is spacious than beat. is it true?
Go for the BRIO with your eyes closed and don't even think twice.No beating a Honda when it comes to 4 pot gasoline/petrol engine.Also Brio looks more stylish, has more space, better drivability, better mileage,and status of owning a Honda is much more in our society.

Hi
@Sam. Beat is a tried and test car compared to Brio na? Is the reliability of honda is more than GM?
I will give you one tidbit: more than 15 million VTECs have been sold till date and there has not been even a single warranty claim so far.

The BRIO has the lightest steering among the cars I have driven yet. You have to drive one to believe that steerings can be this light.
I would defenitly suggest a BRIO for its refined engine, ease of drive as compared to Beat

Mechanically Brio is superior:

1. Rev happy Engine with awesome power to weight ratio. Faster than (0-100) Swift & Jazz (slower than i10 kappa 2 though).

2. Despite being electric steering, Brio is more fun to drive (go-kart like experience).

Also it is more comfortable. Seats of beat lacks under thigh support. It appears that Beat has decent leg room but in reality leg room is at the cost of width of seat base.

Looks are subjective and you alone can decide that part.

Had I been in your shoe, my money would have been on Brio.

Thread Starter #27
Just to try my hand at prophecy, I think at the end of all this - and irrespective of what experts on this forum say about your dilemma- you will ultimately go for the Beat. Admit it, your heart is set on it
i cant really say that my heart is set on it but just being obvious on hearing some comments and test drive reviews by experts. [:)]

i know both are great brands to own but just being confused on the space , ride quality etc.
And i am happy its not a one sided thread here. [clap]Keep it coming guys. Give your inputs

Thread Starter #28
how about the performance of beat ? can it be compared with that of brio ? (any reports on lack of power for beat? )

Thread Starter #29
Re: Chevy beat or honda brio ?

Go for the BRIO with your eyes closed and don't even think twice.No beating a Honda when it comes to 4 pot gasoline/petrol engine.Also Brio looks more stylish, has more space, better drivability, better mileage,and status of owning a Honda is much more in our society.
you are right, to own a honda always gives a sense of pride [:)]
(and you mentioned that brio has more space when compared to beat, i have a doubt on that part.)

how about the performance of beat ? can it be compared with that of brio ? (any reports on lack of power for beat? )
Nah. Not at all. Just to give you the figures, the Beat's 1.2 litre engine develops 79 BHP @ 6,200 rpm and 108 NM of torque @ 4,400 rpm (which are figures par for the course) and has a weak bottom end which makes it tedious to drive in the city. 2nd gear is weak (read ownership reviews) and wont take you anywhere in the city. Mid range is so-so and the engine loses steam above 4500 rpm and also gets noisy. The only great thing about this engine is the fantastic refinement at idle (zero sound). Since your confusion is between the Brio and the Beat, I suggest you take a back-to-back test drive of both cars within a very short gap (say, like 1 hour - its the BEST way to decide between two cars). Drive the Beat first under various traffic conditions in the city and on the highway and then go to the Honda showroom and drive the Brio under similar conditions and tell us how you felt about both engines.

The best 1.2 litre petrol engines in Indian hatchbacks are the i20's 1.2 Kappa, The Brio's 1.2 iVtec, and the Swift/Ritz's 1.2 K series (not necessarily in that order). I have driven almost all 1.2s in the country so I can say this with absolute certainty. Take a test drive [drive] and then take your call.

Last edited:

Top Bottom