Chevrolet Beat Diesel Priced at Rs.4.29 Lakhs

Thread Starter #32

350Z

Core Team
Re: Chevy Beat Diesel By June 2011

General Motors has today issued the following Press Release in regard to their upcoming New Chevrolet Beat Diesel. It's production will commence by June 2011.

General Motors designs new turbo-diesel engine to be used first in Indian market

• 1.0-liter three-cylinder engine to have best-in-class fuel efficiency and performance for its size

• General Motors Torino Engineering Center development team was supported by GM India Engineering

• Production begins in Talegaon, India in June 2011

• First application to be the Chevrolet Beat for India market
Torino, Italy — A multinational team led by GM’s Torino Engineering Center and supported by engineers from GM India today announced that production of a 1.0-liter three-cylinder diesel engine will start in June 2011. The diesel expertise of the GM’s Torino engineers has resulted in an engine that is expected to enhance GM’s competitiveness in the Indian market.

“The exclusive design leveraged the capabilities of dozens of Torino-based diesel engineers to deliver what is expected to be a leader for its size in performance and fuel efficiency for the Indian market,” said Stefano Caprio, the 1.0-liter engine global program manager and chief engineer. “Contributing to the great fuel economy is an innovative, lightweight three-cylinder design.”

The new compact engine will also be the peak torque leader for its displacement in the Indian market (140 Nm @ 1,750 rpm) and low-end peak torque leader for its displacement worldwide at 100 Nm @ 1,250 rpm. GM Torino and GM India Engineering collaborated closely to design in specific regional features and content requirements. Features of the engine include an iron block, aluminum DOHC cylinder head, lifetime maintenance-free timing chain, centrifugal blowby separator filter for lower oil consumption, low-noise timing gears, a balancer shaft for state-of-the-art NVH and a precisely sized waste-gated turbocharger.
The 1.0-liter turbo-diesel engine will be manufactured at GM India’s Talegaon plant in Maharashtra and will be launched on the Chevrolet Beat in the second half of 2011.

“GM India President & Managing Director Karl Slym said, “This new state-of-the-art turbo-diesel engine will enhance the competitiveness of our Chevrolet line-up in the Indian market. The addition of diesel options to our portfolio will continue to improve our sales volume and market share,” Slym added.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Chevy's diesel beat

Chevrolet is planning to launch the diesel variant of the beat. It will get a 3 cylinder 57 bhp engine with 140 NM torque. The ARAI certified mileage is 24 kmpl. Its definitely going to be an economical VFM car.

Beat Diesel will be launched in first week of July and Kropex dealer at Hosur Road, Bangalore started receiving bookings.

Thread Starter #37

350Z

Core Team

Beat Diesel will be launched in first week of July and Kropex dealer at Hosur Road, Bangalore started receiving bookings.
Thank you for the update, Swiftian! And also welcome to The Automotive India. How much is the dealer asking for advance booking?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Chevrolet Beat to get a diesel heart
Car and bike show(SVP) has tested the beat diesel.I'm posting the link.
highlight points from show -

- A 936cc 3cyl diesel engine producing 57bhp and 150Nm of torque is paired to a new 5-speed gearbox
- Turbo lag is less as the turbo is small and comes to optimum operating speed quickly
- Suspension is tuned for more comfort
- The cabin is more silent than the Figo’s
- Variants are the same and equipment hasn’t been discounted on any of them
- ARAI approved fuel efficiency figure is 24kmpl
- Steering system shifted from hydraulic to EPS

Thank you for the update, Swiftian! And also welcome to The Automotive India. How much is the dealer asking for advance booking?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thank you 350Z for welcoming me to The Automotive India!.

Representative who spoke to me quoted 25K for the booking. He was not sure about the price of diesel variant and informed that price will be 10-15% higher than petrol version. He also told me that I can change color/variant at any time before delivery. Car will be delivered during end of July or early Aug.

Thread Starter #40

350Z

Core Team

Thank you 350Z for welcoming me to The Automotive India!.

Representative who spoke to me quoted 25K for the booking. He was not sure about the price of diesel variant and informed that price will be 10-15% higher than petrol version. He also told me that I can change color/variant at any time before delivery. Car will be delivered during end of July or early Aug.
Alright. Thanks, I’ll too check this with Chevy Dealer in Delhi.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Chevy Beat Diesel By July 2011

Hope it will fullfill the 'A' segment custmers...[cry]may not be underpowered should be ok for small family with long drive on weekends
[clap]

Thread Starter #42

350Z

Core Team

Chevrolet Dealer in Delhi is informing that Beat Diesel bookings will begin from 15 July onwards.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thinking of booking a Diesel Beat. If it is below 75000 rupees higher than it's petrol version, i am sure this car is going to be the hot seller of 2011.
The plus points i am seeing here are nice interiors with low NVH and great mileage that touches near 30 kmpl. Moreover EPS is standard across all variants of Beat and that will be the deal making fact.

Thread Starter #44

350Z

Core Team

As I said in Post #42. It has been confirmed that Chevrolet Beat Diesel will be launching after 15th July. The car will be equipped along with a 963cc Diesel Engine. It will be capable to produce 57 BHP and 150 NM of Torque.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Just booked Chevrolet beat diesel today at Geeyem Motors. I chose the base variant PS as i am using it as my second car and i am the first to book this variant. The main attraction to me to book this car was it's great diesel mileage, EPS on base variant, nice interiors and it's segment lowest price. It's price will be about 70000 more than petrol version.

Last edited:

Top Bottom