Chevrolet Beat Diesel Priced at Rs.4.29 Lakhs

i think it has to do with the looks and interiors of beat as well.

they are of the kind "love them or hate them".
I'm not sure if many people would be able to accept the apache RTR kind of speedo meter in a car.

Thanks for the info sidhant!!

And yes ichimaru, Many people has many thoughts on Beat's interior.

But I simply love it for its design :)

Thread Starter #19

350Z

Core Team
General Motors has now readied their Talegaon facility to manufacture Diesel engine for Chevy Beat, which would also help to keep the costs in check. The expected launch of Beat Diesel is January 2011.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Surprisingly, Beat has not created the beat which Chevy has expected. This is the same in europe too. Hopefully, this diesel model will help them to create some beat in the segment.

When this 1.0l Fiat diesel comes out, I think Beat will put up decent sales figures. I hardly see Beat around Coimbatore. In fact, the only petrol I see here in good numbers are small Suzukis(up to wagon-R) and Hyundai i10. If you see car hatchbacks, its mostly diesel. Despite Ford's poor image, I could see lots of Figos in Coimbatore and its mainly diesel that is selling here. So Chevy can make a good show, if they bring a diesel hatch and Beat has potential. Chevy should take care in tuning the engine for better driveability to overcome power deficit.

Thread Starter #23

350Z

Core Team
Surprisingly, Beat has not created the beat which Chevy has expected. This is the same in europe too. Hopefully, this diesel model will help them to create some beat in the segment.
In India, the major cause was Ford Figo. But Yes, Hope that tables are turned with the launch of Beat's Diesel variant.

When this 1.0l Fiat diesel comes out, I think Beat will put up decent sales figures. I hardly see Beat around Coimbatore. In fact, the only petrol I see here in good numbers are small Suzukis(up to wagon-R) and Hyundai i10. If you see car hatchbacks, its mostly diesel. Despite Ford's poor image, I could see lots of Figos in Coimbatore and its mainly diesel that is selling here. So Chevy can make a good show, if they bring a diesel hatch and Beat has potential. Chevy should take care in tuning the engine for better driveability to overcome power deficit.
Actually, Ford has no more expensive or poor image left. With the entrance in hatchback segment, through Figo, which is selling in unpredicted volumes, they’ve done a smart job to wipe off the past away.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes people prefer diesel more nowadays as they have become more reliable and refined.

They should price it properly and tune the engine also properly else they cannot shake the Figo sales!

in indian market ford is doing buisness from so many years and if you will compare the success and the time taken then we may have some thing clear, ford has same tecnology in fiesta, new ford ikon ,figo. but chevy has shown a trmendous growth in very short span of time.new technology in new cars.

BEAT DIESEL will be the first car with the smallest diesel engine. due to 3 cylinder it will give good amount of fuel efficiency in city traffic also and when there is a diesel engine we should mostly consider two things fe and strenth that diesel fuel provides and the diesel engine has. till now i hadnt seen any complaint in any of the chevyy cars. beat disel will surely give a good number of sales. the pricing will be just 50,000 more than the petrol vrsion. less on pocket also. every one views are correct. its just the matter of our approach of thinking to a certain topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #26

350Z

Core Team
re: Chevy Beat Diesel By June 2011

It seems that General Motors has rather delayed to release the Beat Diesel. If rumours are to be believed, LPG variant should make its way first and the line-up will be followed with the Diesel. Dealers also inform that Diesel variant is expected by July this year. Anyways, whatever the reason maybe, I cannot resist taking my eyes off the Beat. In true words, this car has actually ‘won’ my heart. While the design is already impressive, interiors are dashing too. Today, I compared the plastic quality of Beat with Figo and Wagon-R in flesh, and it looks much more superior. Do others also feel same?

Drive Safe,
350Z

I have not experienced the Interiors of Figo but definitely even i feel the Interiors of Beat is better than Wagon-R.

Here's a picture of the Chevrolet Beat Diesel which is expected to launch in the month of June this year.
The new car will get a 3 cylinder 1.3-litre Multijet diesel engine.

Image Source: Goaonwheels.com

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Chevy Beat Diesel By June 2011

almost most of my views discussed!!

small car diesel is sure hit here.

some what bigger hatch are now ruling the diesel segement.

zen diesel was a good car , but sadly discontinued. any one checked its 2nd hand price. it skips some beat in my heart.

i was wondering why no diesel for so many days in a wagon R or estilo.
leave them , why no diesel in alto when a zen d was possible.

so this fiat scaled down 1.3multijet engine with one cylinder mixing must be a hit again.

But i'll never ever buy a 3 pot engine esp in diesel . Its actually a improper finished one .
My mind do not accept them , 3 cylinder and diesel!

Hoping to expect the same engine in wagon R soon

Re: Chevy Beat Diesel By June 2011

MAn.. the FIAT multijet is doing rounds.
Maruti, fiat, Tata, and now chevy!!
As per the specs, i dont see it as a loser. it definately has potential. But the fact that beat is more likely to be bought by young people should make chevrolet be sure with its driveability and fun factor. look at the swift diesel for example. The petrol beat is a hoot to drive and the spot-on driving position and tech savvy interiors take ur breath away.
But the reason it doesnt sell is the looks and rear seat space. Its really cramped at the rear.
Still if i ahve to choose a car when im working, it has to be this, unless i get a used SRV.[roll][drive]

Top Bottom