Chevrolet Beat Diesel Priced at Rs.4.29 Lakhs

I think we should compare the beat with the indica ev2 rather than ritz or figo.Both figo and ritz sport bigger engines and more space and comparitively higher priced.I checked out the Ps variant of beat and Le variant if eV2.
they are priced at (ex showroom) rs 437,000 and 435,469 respectively. At this much less price difference what would any one buy. even more the Ev2 has no power steering and torque is 140Nm and kerb wt 1080 kg way heavier than beat.I think i'll buy the beat prety soon.[:D]

I am laughing at powerpacked.Figo got all new design???????,from which world are you coming.Figo was launched just 2-3 months after beat.Beat ia an internatinal car,where as figo is not,its a decade old car.Its the front design that saves figo in terms of looks.Beat is very moder be it in interiors when compared to figo.We had a very bad experience with ford till 2009 when we had our ford ikon.But my mother says it only figo which is having loww maintainace i their line up.The tdci is not that great.My relative got some engine problem i think in his ford fieta which costed a bomb to repair and he replaced that car with a petrol car after.
Who said swift has more space than beat (legroom).Beat has better city ride quality.Have ride to believe it.Beat has ver low maintaince as per comapny arguments.
But I agree,if I were in to buy diesel car at this price point I would chose figo as it has better handling and boot.
I feel price of beat diesel in on higher side,but has quality.I thought beat would be cheaper as it has 3 cly,but review state that nvh levels is quite good.
Chevy got wrong pricng,I agree.
I think they could have give the full mjd with 25 k more,make the suspension stiff,the fastest diesel hatchback(may be).
After the lauch of beta D our beat petrol seems a terrific vfm(80.5 hp,108nm,18.kmpl arai)
Please note that I do not have intention to attack anyone.

Wikipedia says its third generation of Daewoo Matiz If considering Wikipedia right then how-to rate third generation car as new design.So rated Figo as New Design.
Beat Petrol Launch date is January 5,2010.
Beat Diesel launch date is July 25, 2011.
Whereas Figo was launched on March10, 2010 With Petrol and Diesel variants from day one.

Please read post I have written .
‘’Swift has got string ASS and Fiat heart.’’ Nothing mentioned about space.
In ford show room I have seen parts of various manufactures and cost in comparison with Figo. Ford has demonstrated it very well.

I never said Ford produces cars with zero problems rather i would emphasis to be remembered always’’ no car is perfect product’’

I went for test drive and after looking at price I have stopped myself from testing the Beat Diesel.
Because in this world with similar price bucket I have got many positive choices.

I would intend to go with you Powerpacked! Beat is not a new design and has been around for some time. Also, if the intent is just to buy a diesel car, which is frugal and cute looking, then Beat is a good option (though prices could have been a bit lower). But it would not stand there in competition with Figos, Swifts, or for that matter Ritzs.

Well to remind every body Chevrolet Beat is hit.

And it is the most fuel-efficient car in India.Moreover it is quicker than ford figo in in gear acceleration(as per top gear and overdrive) and its is easier to maintain.That clears most of your doubts about performance.

Beat diesel have won the best variant award by Autocar India.

If you say beat is an old design,then almost every car is old be it the new polo.It doesnt matter how old the design but good it looks.Well the punto is seven years old wheres the new swift is not and the punto(75 hp emotion) is more expensive than the swift zdi.That doesn't make the punto completely inferior to swift diesel I think,correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:

Top Bottom