Chevrolet Beat A.C Problem

Thread Starter #1
hello all I own a beat petrol option pack . while driving with ac on with air intake mode am getting a plastic burning smell after running some kms, but after 10 to 15 mins smell goes out. with running on recirculation mode no problem facing. what's really happening with my vehicle ?

Re: beat ac problem

How old is the car buddy and have you done any AC servicing lately? Also, does the smell come only after starting the car (and AC after that) for the first time or it comes always when the AC is switched on even when the car has been running for some time already?

Have a look at the AC evaporator coil, might be stuffed.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #3
Re: beat ac problem

it's an 3 .month old one and I use auto ac mode allways, so ac on allways. smell comes only after some kilometres same time I change ac into recirculation method and smell goes out next 15 mins .

Your car is just 3 months old, this should not be a problem, heated engine components produce this smell, it will fade away day by day if you regularly use your car will take time if you are not a regular user. I am assuming there sis only this smell and no smoke, if smoke then dangerous!.

I would suggest to keep it on recirc mode, as we dont have a healthy outside environment in india to pull fresh air.Dust,pollution etc. Not good for you nor for the car.

Thread Starter #6
its fixed by my Chevy dealer, they told me that something wrong with clutch producing the smell. I had done only few km after service so need to wait for next off day to check with a long run

Top Bottom