Changing Registration from Noida to Coimbatore

Thread Starter #1
Hi, I recently bought a Ford Ikon 1.6 ZXI NXT in Coimbatore. The owner of that car is working in Coimbatore,TamilNadu at present. He bought the car in Noida(South City Motors),Uttarpradesh when he was working there for around 5 years. Then he trasferred his job to Coimbatore and got the NOC(No Objection Certiticate)of the car Changed to Coimbatore .The NOC was issued on 19-2-2009. After shifting to coimbatore he didn't change the NOC and sold his car to me in Sep,2011. I have been told and informed that I need to pay around 50,000 rupees for registration tranfer and Road Tax to Tamil Nadu Goverment.When I checked with a RTO Consultant he says that I need to pay the taxes from since the NOC was issued.

I was googling in this forum and internet for this issue and have three queries.

1. Is there a time limit of 6 months since NOC issed?

2. Do I need to pay the Taxes since the NOC issued from Feb-2009 to till present?

3. What happens if I need the NOC cancelled or Re-issed to coimbatore from now (Feb-2012).

Thread Starter #3
The owner said he was out of the coimbatore for most of the time due to his work trips to other places.

Please help me what I should do next to solve this problem as I don't want end up paying big fines and probelms.Many Thanks

Top Bottom