Change GPS Interface from Japanese to English Language in Corolla

Thread Starter #1
I bought this 2010 Toyota Corolla Axio GT TRD in the Uk today. It is a Japanese car that has been imported second hand here. The car is excellent, no other words for it, it is extremely responsive while accelerating, steering and breaking. It also has a reverse camera that shows what is behind my car on a display

Now here is the one problem I have. The car is supposed to have a GPS navigation system, it works but the only problem is that the touchscreen display shows everything in Japanese. How can I change this to English?

axio_interior.jpg
The navigation thing is on the big screen.

Pictures (except mine is magnetic black)
Corolla+Axio+TRD.jpg

ToyotaAxioBack.jpg

trd02.jpg

Axio "GT" 1,496 cc (1.496 L; 91.3 cu in) I4 turbo (1NZ-FE) 150 PS (110 kW; 150 hp)@6000, 200 N·m (150 lb·ft)@4800.

Last edited:
Re: New Toyota car. Excellant but one problem.

Try reading the manual of using the GPS or google you may find the solution.And congrats for for purchasing this beauty[thumbsup].It looks well built.

don't take it wrong way . I say to everyone like that so that atleast they will upload pic to get my congrats [lol]

Thread Starter #6

don't take it wrong way . I say to everyone like that so that atleast they will upload pic to get my congrats [lol]
Of course not, but don't expect a good shot, I only have my laptop for a camera. As I'm living on a tight budget here, even my phone doesn't have a camera.

Pics pics pics. And there is a reason why the car is so responsive when accelarating. Anybody's guess what TRD stands for??

Re: New Toyota Corolla. Excellent but One Problem.

I bought this 2010 Toyota Corolla Axio GT TRD in the Uk today. It is a Japanese car that has been imported second hand here. The car is excellent, no other words for it, it is extremely responsive while accelerating, steering and breaking. It also has a reverse camera that shows what is behind my car on a display

Now here is the one problem I have. The car is supposed to have a GPS navigation system, it works but the only problem is that the touchscreen display shows everything in Japanese. How can I change this to English?

View attachment 31870
The navigation thing is on the big screen.

Pictures (except mine is magnetic black)
View attachment 31867

View attachment 31868

View attachment 31869

Axio "GT" 1,496 cc (1.496 L; 91.3 cu in) I4 turbo (1NZ-FE) 150 PS (110 kW; 150 hp)@6000, 200 N·m (150 lb·ft)@4800.
Thats a great car you have there. Will look stunning in Black. And this version looks a million times better than what we have here. And no matter about the quality but like everyone else said, pictures please.

And regarding your problem, are there any manuals which came along with the car?

Re: New Toyota Corolla. Excellent but One Problem.

Funny this should come up now. A mate of mine recently got himself a Nissan Elgrand from Japan and it came with the pre-installed Japanese maps/navigation.
Well, over here in Australia we took it to a audio/speaker install store and they swapped the maps over from Japanese to English

Top Bottom