Central Locking System & Anti Theft System - Queries.

skoda octavia locking troubles

My octy has a after market i.e they kept an separate remote lock instead o.e lock. I don't know why they kept like this. Please help that I can make o.e remote locking without changing the master ecm and key set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maruti / Nippon Alarm System: No Sounds

Hey TAI-gers,

Recently, my car (2012 Suzuki Estilo Vxi) alarm has stopped producing sound (ie. the 'beep' when locking/unlocking/triggering). We've verified the software setup and it is not muted from there.

Having had it inspected by 2 workshops, we were told it is due to the 'siren' having malfunctioned, needing to be replaced. So, I had a few questions:

1. Is it typical for these alarms to fail in the space of less than 4 years?
2. Is replacing the siren a safe, reliable way to fix the issue?
3. Approx. how much should this job cost?

The alarm is a Maruti Genuine Accessory that was installed from the factory when we bought the vehicle.

Ps. It's been a while since I've posted, but I've been reading some great stuff recently!

Re: Maruti/Nippon alarm system: No sounds

Hey TAI-gers,

Recently, my car (2012 Suzuki Estilo Vxi) alarm has stopped producing sound (ie. the 'beep' when locking/unlocking/triggering). We've verified the software setup and it is not muted from there.

Having had it inspected by 2 workshops, we were told it is due to the 'siren' having malfunctioned, needing to be replaced. So, I had a few questions:

The alarm is a Maruti Genuine Accessory that was installed from the factory when we bought the vehicle.

Ps. It's been a while since I've posted, but I've been reading some great stuff recently!
I too have the same problem with my Wagon R Vxi (2010). All of sudden it stopped working. Its been more than 3 yrs now and I am yet to fix it.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Maruti / Nippon Alarm System: No Sounds

I too have the same problem with my Wagon R Vxi (2010). All of sudden it stopped working. Its been more than 3 yrs now and I am yet to fix it.
Recently, my car (2012 Suzuki Estilo Vxi) alarm has stopped producing sound (ie. the 'beep' when locking/unlocking/triggering).

I am attaching below the details of the Nippon locking system in my Esteem. The same locking system was used in Wagon R and Alto. I hope it helps.

20160216_135721.jpg

20160216_135739.jpg

20160216_135752.jpg

20160216_141450.jpg

20160216_135935.jpg

20160216_135943.jpg

20160216_141942.jpg

20160216_140008.jpg

20160216_140035.jpg

@Viru, The failure of alarm could be due to wiring malfunction. My Esteem too had it number of times. The siren might not necessarily be at fault. The locking system has warranty of 3 years from date of purchase so in your case, you might need to get it replaced by payment to Maruti or even in aftermarket. In case you plan to go the after-market way, I suggest you may use the Auto-Cop system. About the cost involved, If you may use the ASC/Dealer then it may be anything between 5-6K and if you go to after-market, then it may cost Rs. 3-4K

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Re: Maruti / Nippon Alarm System: No Sounds

Hi Akash,

I am having the same model in my pre-owned wagonR 2007. I didn't get the remote while buying it and i am locking it with key only. It is having the same nippon central locking system as shown in your post.

Can i get a replacement remote for the Nippon NCS-058 model. Where i can get the remote and how to program the remote for it?

nippon -ncs-058.jpg

Regards,
Vijay

I am attaching below the details of the Nippon locking system in my Esteem. The same locking system was used in Wagon R and Alto. I hope it helps.

@Viru, The failure of alarm could be due to wiring malfunction. My Esteem too had it number of times. The siren might not necessarily be at fault. The locking system has warranty of 3 years from date of purchase so in your case, you might need to get it replaced by payment to Maruti or even in aftermarket. In case you plan to go the after-market way, I suggest you may use the Auto-Cop system. About the cost involved, If you may use the ASC/Dealer then it may be anything between 5-6K and if you go to after-market, then it may cost Rs. 3-4K

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Nippon central locking system in my WagonR 2007

Hi all,

I want to know whether i can use remote for lock/ unlock my car. Currently it has a Nippon NCS 058 model central lock, car can be locked with key manually from driver side.

The previous owner/dealer didn't provide me with the remote key. According to below thread, I came to know that my central locking system can be lock/unlock remotely. Also confirmed from Maruti service center guy.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...cking-system-anti-theft-system-queries-3.html

Currently i have the main module, Flashing LED, Reset switch except remote. Can anyone let me know how source remote key and how to program it?

What will be the cost for the remote keys?

Please refer the below images:

nippom central lock.jpg
20160216_135721.jpg
20160216_135752.jpg

Maruti Alto 800 OEM Central Locking

The OEM central locking system of my Maruti Alto 800 vxi (2016) model does not make any buzzer/noise while locking and unlocking the car with the remote. Why is that? I don't know the brand of the central locking system. But I guess Maruti uses Nippon by default. How can I make it happen? Can I give a connection of the central locking system with car horn? Please help!!!

Re: Maruti Alto 800 OEM Central Locking

The OEM central locking system of my Maruti Alto 800 vxi (2016) model does not make any buzzer/noise while locking and unlocking the car with the remote. Why is that? I don't know the brand of the central locking system. But I guess Maruti uses Nippon by default. How can I make it happen? Can I give a connection of the central locking system with car horn? Please help!!!
It's most likely Nippon. My best guess would be a dead siren/buzzer, from my own experience.

Re: Maruti Alto 800 OEM Central Locking

It's most likely Nippon. My best guess would be a dead siren/buzzer, from my own experience.
I dont have this button in my car.. But still i have remote locking. But without siren.. It was from the showroom from where i bought the car.

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom