Central Locking System & Anti Theft System - Queries.

Hi all,

Just returning from the Autocop service center for servicing my Beat's autocop Anti-theft (actually it's no more than a fancy central locking) system, because both the remotes were giving way slowly. So this guy says that it will take 10-15 mins to service the remote and the Autocop module. as he removes the module I notice a loose black wire, coming from the box. When asked what was that, the ASC guy said "That's the antenna, sir"
Me: So why not put it in a nicer place for a nicer range?
He: The place is nice already
Me: [confused] *Sure, under the dashboard fusebox is a really really nice place*

So if I extend the aerial or maybe route it to the radio antenna, will it give better coverage area? Even after servicing the range was about 5 m radius (far lesser than when it was new). Any ideas? [:)]

Thanks.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hi all,

So if I extend the aerial or maybe route it to the radio antenna, will it give better coverage area? Even after servicing the range was about 5 m radius (far lesser than when it was new). Any ideas? [:)]

Thanks.
I guess that the remote Cells have gone weak hence the Low range.
Merging it with the Radio antenna could be a good idea but You;ll have to check for distortion.
Another good way is maybe to Hookup a longer wire and Route it through the engine bay near the Front grille

Nippon Remote Control: Maruti Alto 2007

Hi folks,
When I bought my car, it came fitted with a Nippon central locking. While locking or Unlocking, park lights are flashing instead of the indicators. I asked to Nippon service person to change the wiring. But he is not ready to do or he has no idea, I need to do that. I personally seen some Zens and Altos with the same Nippon remotes and indicator flashing. My car is 2007 model. Please share your ideas regarding this.[:)]

Note to mod: I searched in the forum and cannot find any appropriate thread. Please move or merge if needed

Last edited:
Re: Nippon remote control Maruti Alto 2007

Hi folks,
When I bought my car, it came fitted with a Nippon central locking. While locking or Unlocking, park lights are flashing instead of the indicators. I asked to Nippon service person to change the wiring. But he is not ready to do or he has no idea, I need to do that. I personally seen some Zens and Altos with the same Nippon remotes and indicator flashing. My car is 2007 model. Please share your ideas regarding this.[:)]

Note to mod: I searched in the forum and cannot find any appropriate thread. Please move or merge if needed
Hai rakeshkn

just you need to change the connection first of all. try to trace where the central locking device is mounted in your car.

also its easy to change the wire has this type model does not include the BCM module.

so first of all try to trace the module and connectors so that we shall proceed accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nippon central locking weird issue!

Hi Folks,

I am facing a weird issue with my central locking. There is everything working from the remote lock to passive mode, but door position lamp not working.

Checked the module with a Nippon guy and it is working perfect. I checked locking with every door open and the signal goes to the module, But door position lamp not functioning.

BTW the "on" position is working and I tried to root the wire directly which goes to central locking from door switches, and then the door position lamp was working.

I didn't touch any wires of the system but checked all the fuses. Even took my car to ASS also but they are tried to to connect wire without central locking. [frustration]

I cannot able to check the connection by using a multy-meter, as the door negative wire is connected with the locking system.

Somebody please post the wiring diagram of the Nippon system, help me to solve this issue.

Mods: please move this thread to appropriate section. I didn't find any thread related Nippon central locking

Hi Rakesh, I guess you saw the wiring diagram on my thread. Why not check the fuse box it might have any fuse related to the lamp.

You can do one thing, get a wire and connect it to +ve from battery. Use multimeter to check the ground points of the door switches. Remove each switch and try the continuity method..

Okay, Varun I would do the same, the thing is central locking system getting the signals from the door switch because If I opened any one door the the siren chirps differentiating. The lamp is only not working.[frustration]

Maybe its like this in India, but most people and car dealers (for Tata,Mahindra,Maruthi etc.) calls remote central locking as keyless entry. These are two different things. With the remote central locking system, one has to press the buttons to lock/unlock car and activate immobilizer etc. With keyless entry equipped vehicle, one only needs to have key in hand or pocket and car uses proximity sensors to lock/unlock when you are near it. Atleast thats what I know and seen it on cars like Passat. So correct me if I'm wrong...

Problem in Central Locking system of Maruti Swift VXI

My central locking system in the car is not working properly. I stay in Navi Mumbai. I have visited the local technicians but they could not find the fault the doors could not be locked with the remote otherwise the remote lights are working there is sound in the car when I press the remote. Kindly Suggest

Ganesh

Re: Problem in Central Locking system of Maruti Swift VXI

My central locking system in the car is not working properly. I stay in Navi Mumbai. I have visited the local technicians but they could not find the fault the doors could not be locked with the remote otherwise the remote lights are working there is sound in the car when I press the remote. Kindly Suggest

Ganesh
Provide the below data,
1) Make of Central Locking system
2) Whom did you contact? Authorized service centre or FNG/Road side mechanic
3) Any modification / repair work done recently? (on the doors, under the dash board, etc)
4) Does manual central lock work? (when locked with mechanical key)

If answer to point no. 4 is "YES" either the driver side actuator or the wiring should be the culprit.

New Swift Remote Locking Issue

Hi guys.

My friend is having an Aug 2014 Swift Zxi, which is the one with old (2 button) remote locking integrated in the key. From around a month, he is facing this issue :

When he locks the car and alarm is set to trigger at full blast (on touching the car/highest sensitivity), it works as intended for a week. And after that, the alarm triggers only on pulling the door handle. And after another week, it doesn't trigger at all. He has to set the alarm to trigger every few weeks using the procedure given in the manual.

What can be the problem? And the possible solution. Waiting for the replies. [:)]

Top Bottom