CD Player Not Working in Ford Fiesta

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys
I took the Delivery of my Car Yesterday :-)
I have a quick question regarding the music player in Ford Fiesta.
The Radio works fine but when i inserted the MP3 Disc it doesnt play.

Any reasons?

Thanks

350Z

Core Team
Does it throws an error? And did you select CD player mode by clicking the round button in the centre? There is a separate user manual provided (Specifically for Music System). Please go through it. Fiesta has one of the best built-in music systems around. You’ll really enjoy it. Congrats again.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi Guys
I took the Delivery of my Car Yesterday :-)
I have a quick question regarding the music player in Ford Fiesta.
The Radio works fine but when i inserted the MP3 Disc it doesnt play.

Any reasons?

Thanks
Congratulations buddy on acquiring a hell of a machine.[cheers] You'll surely enjoy it !!

As far as the CD player is concerned, please go through the manual as suggested already by 350z. Generally the music system switches itself to the CD player once you insert a CD, but try switching the mode manually. Let us know if it works out.

If it doesn't, straightaway call up the dealer and let him know. He might guide with the ways and if it still doesn't work out, get it replaced immediately.

Hey another question, is it the New Ford Fiesta or Fiesta Classic, Petrol or Diesel, Variant ? Details plz[;)]
May be another thread on Dealership experience would suffice our thirst !!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Hi Xaero
It is Ford Fiesta Classic SXI Petrol. I read the manual and it says to key in the code but i guess it is already keyed in since the system is working I mean radio is working fine. But on the music system it is written MP3 security coded so i think i will enter the code and see.

For the ownership reveiw you guys have to wait since i am learning driving :-)

Hi Xaero
It is Ford Fiesta Classic SXI Petrol. I read the manual and it says to key in the code but i guess it is already keyed in since the system is working I mean radio is working fine. But on the music system it is written MP3 security coded so i think i will enter the code and see.

For the ownership reveiw you guys have to wait since i am learning driving :-)
Ok try that and congratulations once again buddy !! [cheers]

Check whether the CD has been written with mp3 files only, some players don't play wma file, if this file is also included in your CD.

Check with Audio Cd's too.

350Z

Core Team
Yes. Don't rely on single audio disc and make sure it has MP3 format. Though I have tested only one CD in my car and it is working fine. Let us know if it is throwing out any other warning message that will help us to locate the real problem. You can always contact the dealership for any help in case the issue is serious. You should have also checked this while performing PDI about which we discussed earlier: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...pre-delivery-inspection-exhaustive-guide.html.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Even a relative's figo petrol had same problem.
Cd doesnt play. They asked me to check !

i inserted some disc and out or 5 only one played. and showed some error in few min.

ask ford guys to fiddle - atleast a good job for them
else
Replace in warranty

Thread Starter #10
Hi Guys
I got it working. I purchased some new discs from the market and it was able to play them. I also burned some songs on the CD-R and it played them. Thank you for the help Guys.

Thanks

Top Bottom