CBSE Vs Stateboard

Yes its true scoring in CBSE is tough where is GSEB average students used to score above 65% easily. In my SSC from CBSE i got 46% My dad changed my studies to State Board where in 12th I scored 66% same my other mates with CBSE were failed or below 50%

Now i am thinking where to have my son admission after 3 years when he will be 5 Year of Age
Now a days, scoring till and in 10 th is really immaterial. Nothing depends on these marks. So better to get your son admitted in either CBSc or ICSE. It is easy to shift to state board whenever felt necessary in future, vice versa is a difficult thing for student and parents.

Also, score in the 12th is not important for succeeding in national level post 12th entrance exams as they count only score of the entrance and not of 12th. Correct me if I am wrong.

However in MH, for few state level entrance exams, they count average of both the exams.

Thread Starter #32
Now a days, scoring till and in 10 th is really immaterial. Nothing depends on these marks. So better to get your son admitted in either CBSc or ICSE. It is easy to shift to state board whenever felt necessary in future, vice versa is a difficult thing for student and parents.

Also, score in the 12th is not important for succeeding in national level post 12th entrance exams as they count only score of the entrance and not of 12th. Correct me if I am wrong.

However in MH, for few state level entrance exams, they count average of both the exams.
I think even for writing entrance exam you need some % of marks in specific subjects (depending upon which entrance you are writing)

Good marks never hurt as in top MNC e.g : IBM the basic criteria is 70% through out till B.Tech. So it is good to maintain consistency.

Good marks never hurt as in top MNC e.g : IBM the basic criteria is 70% through out till B.Tech. So it is good to maintain consistency.
In above eg. don't they take in to consideration from which board the student has done his 10th?
In today's ira, when a student is not capable of scoring 70 %in the 10th or 12th, he or she should not try for a job in such MNCs. If he is really capable but not scoring enough to satisfy the criterions of such MNC, student should try something else than the' job', I mean self employment, business etc.

In above eg. don't they take in to consideration from which board the student has done his 10th?
In today's ira, when a student is not capable of scoring 70 %in the 10th or 12th, he or she should not try for a job in such MNCs. If he is really capable but not scoring enough to satisfy the criterions of such MNC, student should try something else than the' job', I mean self employment, business etc.

They do not give consideration of board. Earlier in our time UP/Bihar board has min criteria was 60% for Infosys while all other board was 65%. Reason behind in Bihar/UP board getting good mark is not always possible when comapred with C.B.S.E and ICSE board.

It is not the bench mark where a student got <70% is not good enough to crack many entrance examination. I only had 67% in 12th and cracked many entrance soon after 12th Std.

But now since, we have grading system in CBSE board so scoring 9 CGPA is also a easy job. I should not say this but our HRD minister had lowered down the quality of education. Indian students were known to be hardworking and had stronger base especially in PCM. Our uncles who studied engineering some 25 years back can still teach many subject with ease.
Modern era students are very much dependent on MCQ hence they forget with time.

Sethu,

In India Average students get into most reputed IT firms [surprise]!! be happy man like me[clap][;)]
Hi

Today students so brilliant, hence they can do better than us

As far as my view, CBSE best one to future. It's not reaching only education in the books, it's taking to beyond...

Have a nice future

one my friend studied Matric and now he is trouble to attend in IAS exam even after lot of effort. since he said most of subject relevant to CBESE syllabus

In my experience cbse or skateboard or icse the students career growth is in his hand and it all depends up on his choice and his capabilities.

Coming to the point on which one is best, I beg to differ and I would say it varries according to the educational institution.

Most of the city based cbse or icse schools are just making the kid's mugup the syllabus as long since education became business and school as well as parents aim remains on the mark and rank number instead of did my son likes it did my son understand what he studies and finally am I making him like a machine or controlling his freedom of thinking.

The fact is more you spent doesn't bring more or best education

From Bangalore I am migrating my son to thanjavur for next year 3rd standard school education, and I strongly hope the village environment as well as his grandparents will teach some thing that schools cannot teach.

In my view, if student is having capable to understand and sharpness, there is no question of board / cbse / ic etc...

if student having trying to something better to better , then try with CBSE..

My son & daughter studies in ICSE board.
But me admitted them there just to insure that they can communicate & talk English fluently and not for syllabus.
Other factors which went in favour of this school are discipline, availability of security, doctors & ambulance in case of accident. availability of personal training in extra curricular activities, my children regularly attend foot ball, tennis & taequando training from former state & national level players.

Mefeels, only advantage of ICSE /CBSE boards (which is infact a disadvantage) is that they teach higher level topics at lower standards. Eg. 5 th standard students need to know how to calculate percentage. How to calculate interests on loan, how to calculate profit & loss.etc
UKG students need to read story books & elocution of lengthy poems.

Last edited:
Find the best board for his child is a dilemma of every parent.

I suggest for the CBSE Board because they believe in All-rounder improvement for every student. All schools are supportive of each and every student in improving his skills.

CBSE Board

1). CBSE syllabus is lot more student friendly. The structure is designed to reduce the pressure on students while books are interactive and interesting.

2). CBSE has coffee shop approach. Students can pick the combination of subjects of their choice. For example, one can choose science while doing commerce or economics.

3). CBSE curriculum are designed to develop talent which helps a child to make successful career out of his passion

Other Board

1). Most of the other boards’ syllabus are even not updated for years now. They are more like burden instead fun to read.

2). Most State board offers choices only on secondary subjects. The student has to choose the stream where main subjects remain fixed. So it becomes burden.

3). State Board curriculum is mostly only career oriented.

I being a Student (just completed giving 12th std board)

I think it best to do from ICSE till 10th std. 11th & 12th can be done from CBSE.

Scoring in ICSE board is pretty easy, have to wait for my results to conclude same for CBSE.

Doing from 11th and 12th is beneficial from CBSE, because you don't need to study Shakespeare (like ICSE) and it is much better so makes​ first two years of degree college easier.
For example:- HSC (State Board) 12th std boards portion is completed in second term of 11th std in CBSE.

In both ICSE and CBSE one has option to drop Maths too!! Though I won't recommend it. My cousin faced this issue, she had dropped maths in 9th std (ICSE gives option after 8th std and CBSE after 10th std), but now she is in second year of degree college and she have to study maths again.

Of late, most of the post 12th and post degree Indian competitive exams are based on CBSE syllabus.

@ Gautam, does opting for ISCE board helps in clearing competitive exams conducted by western countries as compared to CBSE?

@ Gautam, does opting for ISCE board helps in clearing competitive exams conducted by western countries as compared to CBSE?
Sirji not sure about it. Will ask my friends regarding this.
But I personally think ICSE will be better than CBSE in this regard.

Top Bottom