Cars Of My Life – The Ignis (2021)

Thread Starter #151

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
IGNIS REAR LICENSE PLATE LED BULB REPLACEMENT

I wanted to replace the OE Halogen T10 bulb at rear license plate with a good quality brighter T10 white LED bulbs.
I was told by the Dealer’s Accessories Department that it needs removal of dicky underneath fiber cladding and made me felt cumbersome.[sad]

But,
I found out, it is not so, just a press of the lens cover anticlockwise would make everything easy.

MY DIY:
I tried, felt could not give more pressure to turn it anticlockwise at that narrow space. Just gave a gentle press with the help of a blunt tip screw driver at the protruding turn knob, it came off easily. Washed and cleaned the lenses - cleaned the dust in that area with a small brush - removed the old bulbs - switched on parking mode –inserted the led bulb in correct polarity- restored back the lens covers to its right position and ensured they are firm and locked.
That’s all [:D]

How to select the right LED Bulb?
Please note there are so many Chinese generic and branded T10 LED Bulbs in the market. Brands like PHILIPS (Rs.750), OSRAM (Rs.480) are very expensive. Cheap qualities have short life, very hot.

We should select a bulb that is safe, properly designed to suit the lens space as if bulb length is too big we can't put the lens cover back after changing it. Also, Clear white illumination as against bluish one and must be value for money.

So, I selected this one and I am really satisfied.

Super 2828 LED Parking Light @ Rs.125

TIPs
This DIY applies to all most all Maruti Cars. In case the car is old, the lenses are difficult to remove, we can try to warm up the acrylic lenses by using a hair dryer, or may need to unclip the holders from back side only by removing the dicky fiber cladding/ trim.

Useful Video:
1 LINK:

2. LINK:

REAR LICENSE PLATE LED BULB REPLACEMENT.jpg

2 REAR LICENSE PLATE LED BULB REPLACEMENT.jpg

Last edited:
Doctor Sir, I own a 2018 Dual tone - Uptown Red color with black roof car. You own a Glistening Grey shade.
My friend would like to know which colour would be the best for the new 2023 IGNIS as he has decided to book soon. Please suggest. Thank You.

Thread Starter #153

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
WHICH COLOR OF THE CAR/ IGNIS IS THE BEST?

My friend would like to know which colour would be the best for the new 2023 IGNIS as he has decided to book soon. Please suggest. Thank You.
@ Medha
The answer is not simple and can't be straight to the question. Please bear with me.

THE REALITY:

The color of the car is subjective - depends upon the personal taste, desire and goes with the overall design of a car to match its best colour!

There are two important factors that we need to look into -
1. Practicality and
2. Emotional Satisfaction.
Also needs to balance the emotions of all the members of the family in our culture.

CAR COLORS_4.jpg

CAR COLOUR FACTS & CHARACTERS:

The Light colors make it noticeable, look larger, hide swirls and comparatively easy to maintain. Well maintained paint surface gives a wet look.

Dark colors look mostly subtle except colors like some shades of Red and Green. They are difficult to maintain, swirls noticeable. Well maintained paint surface gives a glossy, mirror like look.

The lighter color reflects heat. Darker colors absorb heat.

Colors are also referred as Warm (Ex. Yellow, Orange, Red) and Cool (Ex. White, Grey)

Some even refer as Safe and Unsafe based on their visibility in darkness (Ex. Black in night)

White – Reflects the impression of innocence and purity. Goes good with every car. But, it gets dull easiest in our much polluted environmet.
Red – It’s the vibrant color, color of aggression and expressive. Best suited for sports car that boasts its power and speed.
Blue – Color of confidence, especially Dark blue also gives off the appearance of integrity and stability.
Black – Color of mystery, and sophistication. Most suited for luxury and premium sedan cars.
Silver Metallic - The practical color that suits for almost all lighting conditions whether day or night. More visible in daylight and more reflective at night like the White. Hides dirt and scratches like no other color, is neutral and appeals to the widest array of people and doesn’t fade noticeably over the years.
Yellow & Orange – Unique colors doesn't look good on all the cars.

WHICH COLOUR THAT I PREFER:

I always owned White and Silver ones. This time, I left the choice to my wife's preference. That's why we have gone to Glistening Grey.

IGNIS in India comes with different colors. Refer pictures.
Lucent Orange is not seen, the one I saw lastly was the demo car.
Turquoise Blue is also rare. Black is the new 2023 color.
The popular ones at present are ..White, Silver, GG & Nexa Blue.

CAR COLORS_3.jpg

CAR COLORS_2.jpg

CAR COLORS_1.jpg

CAR COLORS_5.jpg

CAR COLORS_6.jpg

CAR COLORS_7.jpg

CAR COLORS_8.jpg

CAR COLORS_9.jpg

Honestly, I prefer a color :
1. That looks beautiful both in sun and shade
2. That not absorbs so much heat
3. That clearly visible in night
4. That easy to maintain
5. That may have a better resale value in case if the owner wants to change it on or before 5 years.

My favorite color is always Metallic White like Artic Pearl and Metallic Silver.

Coming to Your Query & IGNIS ...

IGNIS has Iconic design whether you love or hate!

From every angle it radiates a unique personality and presence, from the exterior detailing to the funky color options. Yes, when you drive the IGNIS, prepare to get noticed.[lol]

Car is a sign of pride to some, it makes them happy at every sight.
We don't just drive, drive in style
.[drive]

Most importantly, don’t be carried away with the Show Room dazzling conditions, but also visualize the general, practical existing roads & environment…

So, think clearly and select the color that easy to maintain and elates your feeling...

All the very best, Dear [:)]

With Warm Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Last edited:
Thread Starter #155

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
IGNIS MILEAGE: UNBIASED REAL TIME FIGURES

Ignis Mileage.png

Hello Dr Mudhan,
Can you please tell me about the mileage figures you are getting from your car?
Thanks for visiting this thread. I remember, we had discussions over LED Bulbs for license plate about 7 years before in my ALBUS,Honda City thread.

When someone asked this question I always reply with a smile that I (30 years of experience) get a mileage between 10 to 15 KMPL , but 15 to 20 KMPL when My Wife (One year of experience) drives...[lol]

I am not joking!

The reason, my wife who drives mostly on a weekend, traffic free time, with less traffic signals on a good motorable road in the outskirts , at 40 to 50 Km/h constant speed ,covering an average distance of atleast 8 to10 kms.

For me, the roads are very bad the movement I come out of my home gate due to lot of oncoming projects, need to go very slow with more stops as we have to encounter reckless drivers, potholes, and due to encroachment in turns. Honestly the mileage goes down [frustration] when I drive around 10 Kms vicinity where our movements are more for purchase or prayers.

I didn't try ' Tank Fill' method. These figures reflect during every day practical conditions , as noted in Dash Panel.

The Maximum 21 that I have noticed, during my wife's driving along with me with no extra luggages.

As you know, the figures may vary with additional passengers , on extra loads of luggages ,depending upon speed and road conditions.

I have noted from some other ownership review in Youtube videos that their Dash display showing 23 KMPL (ARAI @ 20.89).

May be our's can also show if we drive for a long distance, on constant non stop speed over a good road way...[drive]

I am eagerly awaiting for the same.[:)]

Thanks & Regards
Dr MUDHAN

CAR MILEAGE.jpg

2023 ?

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Thanks for your reply. And for the past few years I have been a silent spectator and I read full threads that i like and continue to follow them and one of them is your thread[:)] I like reading posts with a lot of details especially those who mentions link and prices.
Anyways, we want to replace our 8 years old figo because it has covered 120k kms and because of Delhi's 10 year old diesel ban.
We recently bought hyryder, so we want to spend a little less on the new car. I don't want Hyundai now so i shortlisted baleno amt zeta which costs 10.5 lakhs. Ignis zeta after discounts will cost around 8 lakhs. So I am inclining towards Ignis.

The reason, my wife who drives mostly on a weekend, traffic free time, with less traffic signals on a good motorable road in the outskirts , at 40 to 50 Km/h constant speed ,covering an average distance of atleast 8 to10 kms.

For me, the roads are very bad the movement I come out of my home gate due to lot of oncoming projects, need to go very slow with more stops as we have to encounter reckless drivers, potholes, and due to encroachment in turns. Honestly the mileage goes down [frustration] when I drive around 10 Kms vicinity where our movements are more for purchase or prayers.
You are exactly right Dr Mudhan sir. We too get almost the same mileage depending upon the condition of the road, hours of traffic, speed driven and whether it is one way or traffic going in both directions. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Thread Starter #159

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
IGNIS: PAST- PRESENT & FUTURE

@ Dr MUDHAN
Will there be any new model of Ignis in future?

It's a worldwide car except USA, Canada, China and, not a country specific car.
It has Japanese, European and Asian versions.
Euro versions also sold in Australia. Asian versions (Manufactured by Maruti Suzuki) also sold in Africa.

PAST:

The car was introduced in 2000 and underwent many transformations.
Total Generations: 6 (From First production year: 2000)
New Generations: 1 (From First production year: 2003)
New Generations: 2 (From First production year: 2016)
New Generations: 2 Facelift (From First production year: 2020)

Please view the pictures here:

IGNIS NEW.jpg

IGNIS NEW 1.jpg

IGNIS NEW2.jpg

PRESENT:

IGNIS NEW 3.jpg

The best present 2023 models in Asia has Facelift, 1.2L VVT Engine (BS6 compliant), 2 Airbags, Hill Hold Assist, Electronic Stability controls, 5MT and AGS.

The best present 2023 models in Japan and Europe has Facelift, Multiple power train, 6 Airbags, ADAS, Dual Camera Brake Support (DCBS) |, Electronic Stability controls, Hybrid technologies, 16 inch wheels, Allgrip version/ four-wheel drive and more…
1.2L CVT (91 HP), 1.2L CVT AWD (91 HP), 1.2L DUALJET 5MT (83 HP), 1.2L DUALJET 5MT AWD (83 HP) & 1.2L DUALJET CVT (83 HP)

FUTURE:

The IGNIS is nearing the end of its lifecycle. Maruti Suzuki launched the IGNIS in 2017 in India, and it received a facelift in 2020.
In February 2023, the IGNIS facelift completed 3 years whereas the IGNIS model will complete 6 years in India.

We expected SUZUKI / Maruti Suzuki to tweak the styling of the IGNIS in INDIA along with the addition of 1.2L DUALJET engine with smart /hybrid tech for a better fuel efficiency than the current model.
On the design front, the IGNIS was also expected to receive updated front & rear design. On the inside, the new infotainment system with wireless Android Auto and Apple Car Play.

Actually, we expected SUZUKI / Maruti Suzuki to showcase the next-generation IGNIS at the 2023 Auto Expo, which never happened.

Let us hope for, still the best from this cute, little car in future.

MARKET FACT & VERDICT:

It's not a car admired by all or a most sold small car worldwide.
But, there's a segment of buyers who appreciate its overall performance, ignoring the comments of others over its polarized design.

The market presence is increasing and I could notice more at present in India & abroad.....

To me, I absolutely love this segment - Our roads are small, car park spaces are tiny.

My wife and I, preferred for its practicality, performance and price as its reliable, value for money and
for the little packages of happiness ...

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

READ MORE:
IGNIS vs PUNCH
MARUTI SUZUKI IGNIS 2023 WITH NEW SAFETY FEATURES!
SUZUKI IGNIS - WIKIPEDIA
SUZUKI IGNIS Models by Year

Last edited:
Thread Starter #160

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
SUZUKI IGNIS – ULTRA PREMIUM 7D FLOOR MATS (AUTOFORM*)

Inspired by my IGNIS Floor Mats (Read Here), my well-wisher for whom I did the face lift changes (Read Here), requested me to suggest the best floor mats for their car.

This is what we got:

7D MATS 1.jpg

7D MATS 2.jpg

7D MATS 4.jpg

7D MATS 3.2.jpg

ezgif-2-16b1c67c9d.gif

Their existing 3D Mats which was purchased 5 years before from ELEGANT (Sportivo 3D Car Floor Mat Black, set of 5 × 1Maruti Suzuki Ignis) was unfortunately become useless due to a mistake.
They forgot to remove the mats while sending for third service, it was mishandled by laborers at service station as they washed, made it wet and put to dry under scorching sun that resulted the mats to get distorted, reshaped and partially curled.
7D MATS 9.jpg

Therefore, a word of caution, please do remove your expensive mats before sending to service station – to save the mats in original condition.

Desired to have dual tone mats to match the car interiors, and to have the best in the market, selected AUTOFOAM make after inspired by this VIDEO.
Contacted our reliable seller AJAY CAR ACCESSORIES, he had sent various designs to choose from, finally ordered 7D CAR MAT - UMAX ARROW for Rs.7000 + Rs.550 for shipping.

7D MATS 5.jpg

7D MATS 6.jpg

7D MATS 7.jpg

7D MATS 8.jpg

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
  • Flooring base Hi-Grade PU PVC
  • Computerized designer stitching
  • High density foam
  • High Quality base carpet perfect for molding for custom fit
  • PVC Tape binding
  • Cut pile yarn Dual-color Polypropylene Scraper with vinyl backing
Feature: Premium, Stylish, Arrow Quilting, Multiple color options, with full coverage and total protection, Easy to maintain tough & Durable. Non-curling, Odorless, PVC-Free, No Shrinkage, Oil & Alkali Resistant and Superior low temperature properties.

OUR OBSERVATIONS:

PROS
  • Excellent quality, made of top class material
  • Provides rich internal ambience
  • Odorless, Rugged & easy to clean
  • Custom finish, Dual tone all most covers 95%
  • Insulates floor noise
  • One-time investment
CONS
  • Expensive, all most double the cost of standard 7D Mats
  • Priced the same for cars whether they are small or larger ones.
  • Could have been provided rear passengers center mat for the cost
  • Tags added while stitching should have been removed at final packing, as our careless removing of such unnecessary tags tears the border linings.
  • Box packing would have been better, as received folded firmly in a zip cover.

Note: Good quality at lesser cost with returnable option available in Amazon India but they are black or beige and customized color option are not available.

Last edited:
Very good information sir. The ways the boys handle the car mats during service is frustrating. Your important information can’t be ignored. The design that you suggested goes well and looks very beautiful for the red colored car. Thanks for sharing.

Really informative and passionate thread.
Thank you for sharing all the events with your Ignis.
I was wondering if you did anything to sort out the car's stiff ride quality.
What tires are you running on?

Thread Starter #163

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
MY OPINION: IGNIS STIFF RIDE QUALITY !

Really informative and passionate thread.
Thank you for sharing all the events with your Ignis.
I was wondering if you did anything to sort out the car's stiff ride quality.
What tires are you running on?
Thank you for reading my thread, and for your kind appreciation.
Sorry for the delay in replying as I am occupied in handling my faculty sessions.
You may also wonder, as why do I always put a Title / Caption in my replies / threads. This is for the Web Search Engine to get noticed so that it could be of use to others for those who are also interested.

IGNIS STIFF RIDE QUALITY:

This is a common concern to people mostly who are eyeing for IGNIS than the satisfied (compromised) owners!

I did not do anything, understood it could be a necessity as felt by the designer/manufacturer.
I am, being a slow driver on poor roads and mostly drive with single or dual occupancy, honestly, I never felt this is as an issue. But, I am very careful over speed barkers as for as possible when I have rarely rear passengers.
I have driven Honda City Facelift 3rd Gen (Softer suspension) and Ford Icon (enjoyable rubberized suspension on all kind of roads) … yes, I could feel IGNIS stiffer ride on bad roads.
But, it gives me an excellent feeling on good roads.[:D]

Car manufacturers design every car with different ride and handling character. IGNIS being a small car with better raised GC, Suzuki by default would have set it with stiffer suspension to prevent body roll on higher speed.
However, the bad patch roads will be felt in cabin and, if not careful a sudden brake on high speed would make the rear passengers to much inconveniences.[sad]

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS:
I have also found some solutions in their own way, BUT, how far it would suit everyone’s comfort that I am not sure.[think]

• Changing the OE Bridgestone Ecopia tyres to Continental UC6 175/65/R15
  • Changing the OE Bridgestone Ecopia tyres to Bridgestone Sturdo 185/65/R15, adding Roger gab Buffers (front and back), keeping @ Tyre pressure 36 F / 34 R
  • IGNIS has recommend tyre pressure of 36 psi in front and 32 psi in rear. Reduce to 33 psi in front and 30 psi in rear and observe in difference. (In no way should go beyond 3 psi.)
  • Changing OE struts to ARC brand new set of struts & to replace stock shock absorbers with ARC shock absorbers @ Rs.32500.(According to ARC, IGNIS has super soft OE springs and the struts that come with it have a small working area. That’s the actual limitation to how much it can compress. The combination of this setup makes the suspension feel stiff, yet on an undulated road- makes the car rock.)
VIDEO: Maruti Ignis ARC Suspension
  • Replacing and fabricating the OE spring design with pair of new generation stiffer springs or the lowering springs like TRIPLE S performance springs. Swapping the front springs would be difficult as the TRIPLE S springs are a bit wider than what's provided in the IGNIS. This may warrant some fabrications, a few new washers and bits.

IGNIS SUSPENSION.jpg

IGNIS SUSPENSION 1.jpg

Regarding ...
IGNIS TYRE UPSIZING:
Please bear with me, shall continue to share my feeling soon.

Warm Regards,
Dr MUDHAN

Last edited:
Thread Starter #164

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
SUZUKI IGNIS TYRE UPSIZING: THE PROS & CONS!

OE SPECIFICATION:

IGNIS comes with OE – RIM Diameter Size of 15 Inches/ 5J Rim Width / PCD 100/ 4 HOLES/Tyre Size 175/65/R15.

Upgrading with OE Alloy Wheel / Steel Wheel:
The ideal tire width size is 175 and we can stretch maximum to 185.
Therefore, the OE tyre width of 175 is the best suited, despite some owners found upgraded to 185.

Upgrading with Aftermarket Alloy Wheel:
Buying Aftermarket Alloy Wheels is depending upon the tyre width that we prefer. If we feel OE recommended size 175 as okay, then we can go for 5/5.5J Rim Width.
If we like 185, we should go for 5.5/6J Alloy Wheels.
If we prefer still wider tyres like 195 or 205, then 6/6.5J Alloy Wheels that we need to purchase.

TYRE UPSIZING ISSUES OVER OE ALLOYS:
The common aftermarket tyre swapping that I noticed in IGNIS is 185/65/15 or 195/60/15.
The 185/65/15 on OE Alloys are okay, it increases GC by 5mm, also better grip & little comfortable ride but the deviation @2.1% is at higher side.
The 195/60/15 on OE Alloys, though on least deviation@1%, it becomes abnormal, look squeezed on 5J Rim and endangering safety.

MY OPINION:
My wife and I use IGNIS mostly within City limits and we prefer only the OE recommended tyre size (175/65/15), may be a different tyre brand like MICHELIN / YOKOHAMA/ CONTI next time … though I would love to look our IGNIS on broader tyres.[;)]
(If at all I prefer, I would change the alloys to 6/6.5J and go with 195/60/15 tyres)

PLEASE NOTE: Pros and Cons of Upsizing!

PROS:
  • Looks Attractive & Magnificent!
  • Better road grip (more tyre surface area touching ground)
  • More stability at high speed
  • Firmness in drive
CONS:
  • Negative impact on mileage (Yes, there will be around 2-4 drop in mileage in City & while on Highway around 2 drop - KMP/L) [sad]
  • Slight reduction in steering response
  • Inaccuracy in Speedometer / Odometer Readings
  • More expensive. You need to buy new Alloy Wheels too.
  • Ignoring the Risks & Rules before Upsize, the Car Handling will be Impacted.

ignis tyre upsize.jpg

ignis tyre upsize2.jpg

ignis tyre upsize3.jpg

CHECK MORE:

The Tyrestore Upsize Calculator

Read my earlier post: TYRES-IT MATTERS!

Continental 195 Tyre Upsize for Ignis

Maruti Ignis Tyre Upgrade - Yokohama S-Drive (205/50/16) to Continental UC6 (195/55/16)

The Indian Ignis with biggest tyres!

AND
Maruti Suzuki Ignis ARC Shock Absorber Performance lift Kit Suspension Installation

Thread Starter #165

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Suzuki Infotainment System (BOSCH) -Vs- Maruti Suzuki SmartPlay Studio Infotainment System (HARMAN)

@ Dr MUDHAN
My 2017 IGNIS Alfa edition came with factory fitted infotainment system. It looks very dull when compared to the new smartplay infotainment system that comes in present IGNIS models.
I seek your advice whether I can proceed to replace it, as I am likely to get a new unit from my friend who replaced the same with Android unit in his swift car.

MARUTI SMARTPLAY.jpg

Maruti Suzuki introduced two different infotainment systems in IGNIS till now.
  • Suzuki Bosch infotainment System (BOSCH)
  • Maruti Suzuki SmartPlay Studio Infotainment System (HARMAN)
(The recent SmartPlay Pro / SmartPlay Pro+ (Advanced, New Interface with Personalization, 9” High Definition IPS Display, Surround Sense that powered by Arkamys for crystal clarity, 360 view camera with Dynamic Guidelines & Reverse Park Assist is not yet available in IGNIS)

Suzuki Bosch Infotainment System (MADE BY BOSCH - 2017 Onwards)
The first and worldwide version (EXCEPT ASIA) till date, with simple interface, with or without external memory slot for offline navigation maps. we can connect our smartphone (Wired) to this infotainment system via SmartPlay Studio, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

Maruti Suzuki SmartPlay Studio Infotainment System (MADE BY HARMAN- 2020 Onwards)
Upgraded version, replaced BOSCH unit, stock in ASIAN version manufactured by Maruti Suzuki India now. The new system is also 7-inch touchscreen, has got a more vibrant and intuitive interface.
This system doesn’t have a built-in navigation system but can pair to smartphone and navigate via MapMyIndia’s Navi Maps. We can connect our smartphone(Wired) to this infotainment system via SmartPlay Studio, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

MY HONEST VERDICT:
I personally checked and heard from both the stock units that fitted with same stock speakers + aftermarket PioneerTS-S20 tweeters in two different IGNIS, using my Favorite collection of songs.

Honestly, The BOSCH was very immersive, sounding crystal clear HI fidelity. Do not change it, unless you need a colorful interface.

Please update the BOSCH unit firmware, check the DIY HERE

Read More:
CAR HEAD UNIT SOME VIDEOs & AUDIOs PLAY ISSUES SOLVED!

Last edited:

Top Bottom